Truth is the casualty and the enemy of the Dem party

You may think that is how the right thinks...but it does not.
We are seeking out the lies of our politicians just as we are seeking out the lies of the politicians of the left.
We are less likely to discuss the lies we find on the right....but we are not niaive to the fact that they exist.

I'm being overly dramatic similar to the OP with her title that "Truth is the enemy of the Democratic Party". :cool: Give me a break.

"There are no death panels! What death panels? Pure fearmongering!"

ahem...truth is the casualty of the Dem party.

"Rightwing talking points caused the gunman to go on a shooting spree".

Truth is the enemy of the Dem party.

LOL, like I said. Everyone knows the Democrats always are the liars and the republicans tell the truth.

There is no death panels. ;)
That bullshit was made up by the right.

And as for your second quote, try not being such a hypocrite. ;)

Curious...put aside the term death panels.
How do you know there will not be decision makers deciding as to whether or not someone should be covered for something based on how close to death they are?

Did this not exist already with Private insurance companies? The point is that this rumor was spread that somehow this was a brand new thing created by the government under Obamacare. It was the spreading of bad information and lying to the public.

Both sides lie, i'ts how politics works. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

I'm being overly dramatic similar to the OP with her title that "Truth is the enemy of the Democratic Party". :cool: Give me a break.

LOL, like I said. Everyone knows the Democrats always are the liars and the republicans tell the truth.

Who said that?

And haven't we been here before?

Who said that?

And haven't we been here before?

So what are you saying?? That both dems and republicans lie?

How do you know there will not be decision makers deciding as to whether or not someone should be covered for something based on how close to death they are?

Did this not exist already with Private insurance companies? The point is that this rumor was spread that somehow this was a brand new thing created by the government under Obamacare. It was the spreading of bad information and lying to the public.

Both sides lie, i'ts how politics works. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Sure it exists with private insurance companies.

The diff is, the government never forced us to enroll before. There's a difference between choosing to have certain coverage, and being forced to it.

Likewise, the government never sat on insurance panels before. So when you have a government that pays the insurance, forces the people to sign up for it, AND sits on the panels that determine who gets what covered and who doesn't, there's a problem.

LOL, so the death panel comment was a lie.
The diff is, the government never forced us to enroll before. There's a difference between choosing to have certain coverage, and being forced to it.

Likewise, the government never sat on insurance panels before. So when you have a government that pays the insurance, forces the people to sign up for it, AND sits on the panels that determine who gets what covered and who doesn't, there's a problem.

LOL, what panels will government be sitting on? The government isn't running healthcare anymore then they were before. Private insurance companies have even more power now. Or do you not understand how this healthcare bill works?

Being forced to enroll in to an insurance plan is hardly a lie. We've known this would happen once the public option was killed. How does any of what you said support your OP?

No sir. That is not how and why it came out.
When there was discussion of a government plan...and a "no choice" situation..it was brought out in the open that whereas you can choose a plan now and oppt for a more expensive plan that did not deny anything...a government plan with no option of any other plan would mean that you would be subject to "death panels" without any choice.
The term death panels was a mistake but the truth is, if we go to a single payer plan, all of us would be left with no choice but the decision of a panel.
And that was something that needed to be put out there...but the democrats refused to allow it to be realized.

I am still wait for a link to prove this.

How does paying a doctor to provide end of life counceling turn into death panels?

When there was discussion of a government plan...and a "no choice" situation..it was brought out in the open that whereas you can choose a plan now and oppt for a more expensive plan that did not deny anything...a government plan with no option of any other plan would mean that you would be subject to "death panels" without any choice.
The term death panels was a mistake but the truth is, if we go to a single payer plan, all of us would be left with no choice but the decision of a panel.
And that was something that needed to be put out there...but the democrats refused to allow it to be realized.

You do realize these government plans will be through private insurance companies in most cases?

How does paying a doctor to provide end of life counceling turn into death panels?

:lol: How ya doing stretch?

You may call it a mistake, others call it a lie. That's the point. Both sides bend and shape the truth to fit their needs. The death panel "lie" was never squashed even when the single-payer option was way off the table and the public option was the next best choice. Even once the public option died PEOPLE still touted death panel scare tactics, which is why people today STILL think its true and applies even to the healthcare reform that was passed.

Sorry, not going down that path. Start another thread.

Why? You are talking about it in this thread.
If you are going to use something to back up your point, I can ask you to prove what you say is correct.

That's her way of avoiding a topic she has no logical answer to. (not that, that stops many people on this site)

Whatever. Go play bait and switch somewhere else. We're talking about how dems butcher the truth here.

Sorry, not going down that path. Start another thread.

Why? You are talking about it in this thread.
If you are going to use something to back up your point, I can ask you to prove what you say is correct.

That's her way of avoiding a topic she has no logical answer to. (not that, that stops many people on this site)

No, it's my way of preventing Luissa from going off the deep end on a topic that has nothing to do with this thread.

I'm trying to help her.

:lol: How ya doing stretch?

Funny you would say that....
I am still wondering how the right stretched it into death panels.

Forum List

Back