Trump's "15 Flip Flops in 15 Days"

You loons should be Thankful that Trump has inspired a new hobby to fill your lives now that Obabble is fading into the past, and hiLIARy has LOST.

Turn it into a Drinking Game!

How confusing. Is it a GOOD thing for Trump to change his position to one more supported by the left or is it a BAD thing? Because I remember an awful lot of caterwauling about the original positions from the same people now caterwauling about changes. Pick a horse and ride it, people!

How confusing. Is it a GOOD thing for Trump to change his position to one more supported by the left or is it a BAD thing? Because I remember an awful lot of caterwauling about the original positions from the same people now caterwauling about changes. Pick a horse and ride it, people!

We knew what he was saying was bullshit, just like we knew his claims about that birth certificate being a fake was bullshit. It was infuriating to see so many idiots who chose to believe it.

This deserves its own thread. I think it took a year in for Dubya to get a list this long. Trump still won't be POTUS for another two months.

15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

***15 Flip Flops in 15 Days

On his predecessor:
“I think president Obama has been the most ignorant president in our history…President Obama when he became president, he didn't know anything. This guy didn’t know a thing. And honestly, today he knows less. Today, he knows less. He has done a terrible job.” (Press conference in Florida, July 27, 2016)

“I have great respect…I very much look forward to dealing with the President in the future, including counsel. He explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets and some of the really great things that have been achieved.” (White House, November 10, 2016)

On anti-Trump protesters:
“Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!” (Twitter, November 10, 2016, 9:19pm ET)

Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!” (Twitter, November 11, 2016, 6:14am ET)

On Obamacare:
“It’s gotta go.” (CNN, July 30, 2015)

“I like those [the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies] very much.” (Wall Street Journal, November 11, 2016)

On the border wall:
“Jeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "fence." It's not a fence, Jeb, it's a WALL, and there's a BIG difference!” (Twitter, August 25, 2015)

“There could be some fencing.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On gay marriage:
“If I’m elected, I would be very strong on putting certain judges on the bench that I think maybe could change things…I don’t like the way they ruled…I would strongly consider [trying to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage].” (Fox News Sunday, January 31, 2016)

“It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done…And I’m fine with that.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On locking her up:
“If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, so much exception. There has never been anything like it. We will have a special prosecutor. I go out and speak and the people of this country are furious. The long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this with emails. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails and acid wash them or bleach them. An expensive process. We will get a special prosecutor and look into it. You know what, people have been—their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you have done. You should be ashamed.” (Second Presidential Debate, October 9, 2016)

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t…It’s just not something that I feel very strongly about.” (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On deporting illegal immigrants:
“We have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out.” (CNN-Republican Debate, February 25, 2016)

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, we have a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On the generals:
“Well the generals under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have not been very successful.” (Commander-in-Chief Forum, September 7, 2016)

“We have some great generals. We have great generals.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

"Well, I’ll be honest with you, I probably do [know more about ISIS than the generals do] because look at the job they’ve done. Okay? Look at the job they’ve done. They haven’t done the job.” (60 Minutes, less than a minute later)

On nuclear Japan:
“Well I think maybe it’s not so bad to have Japan — if Japan had that nuclear threat, I’m not sure that would be a bad thing for us.” (New York Times, March 26, 2016)

“The @nytimes states today that DJT believes "more countries should acquire nuclear weapons." How dishonest are they. I never said this!” (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

On the Electoral College:
“The electoral college is a disaster for democracy.” (Twitter, November 06, 2012)

“The Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!” (Twitter, November 15, 2016)

“I'd rather do the popular vote.” Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the Trump University lawsuit:
“Trump University has a 98% approval rating. I could have settled but won't out of principle!” (Twitter, February 29, 2016)

“I don't settle cases…I won’t settle because it’s an easy case to win in court.” (Morning Joe, March 3, 2016)

“I settled the Trump University lawsuit for a small fraction of the potential award because as President I have to focus on our country” (Twitter, November 19, 2016)

On man-made climate change:
“I am not a great believer in man-made climate change.” (Washington Post, March 21, 2016)

“I think there is some connectivity. Some, something.” (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
On the Paris climate agreement:
“We’re going to cancel the Paris Climate Agreement” (Policy address in North Dakota, May 26, 2016)

“I have an open mind to it." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On torture:
“Torture works. OK, folks? You know, I have these guys—‘Torture doesn’t work!’—believe me, it works. And waterboarding is your minor form. Some people say it’s not actually torture. Let’s assume it is. But they asked me the question: What do you think of waterboarding? Absolutely fine. But we should go much stronger than waterboarding.” (South Carolina, February 17, 2016)

“[Mattis] said, ‘I’ve never found it to be useful…Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I’ll do better.’…I was very impressed by that answer… [Torture is] not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.’’ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the New York Times:
"Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the 'Trump phenomena.'" (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

“I have great respect for the New York Times. I have tremendous respect…The New York Times is a world jewel. And I hope we can all get along." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

His rubes don't know how to spin this

Spin what, guano?

campaign rhetoric?
Campaign rhetoric? Try everything he campaigned on. I'm beginning to think the right is going to be as disappointed in trump as the left is.

Not my first rodeo, or election.

I believe a campaigning candidate as much as I believe Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or any Clinton.

One of the reasons I only vote down ticket

So you knew everything he said was a lie? I'm petty sure most of the idiots that voter for him didn't.

Had the same opinion of Trump I had of Clinton, as far as being president.

Had Clinton won, would the Left be posting about her flipflops?

th

I predict there would be as many Hillary flipflops as there are Trump flipflops.

but, all of you partisan little girls keep whining abut Trump, ignore your own serpent that speaketh with forked tongue.

You're all so amusing

We knew what he was saying was bullshit, just like we knew his claims about that birth certificate being a fake was bullshit. It was infuriating to see so many idiots who chose to believe it.
Do I put you down then as it being a good thing?

Butthurt no longer describes the lefts meltdown. We haven't seen this level of desperation since the SCOTUS told Al Gore to suck it.

Hillary lost, got her ass beat, Trump won and we have 4 to 8 years to abolish liberal laws, policy, regulations, and turn the SCOTUS conservative for the next 30 years. Its as if God is punishing the left, hell yeah! :eusa_dance:
that is IF the evil witch doesnt have the CIA kill him off as she did with vince foster.we know what happens to the clintons enemies.

Spin what, guano?

campaign rhetoric?
Campaign rhetoric? Try everything he campaigned on. I'm beginning to think the right is going to be as disappointed in trump as the left is.

I believe a campaigning candidate as much as I believe Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or any Clinton.

So you knew everything he said was a lie? I'm petty sure most of the idiots that voter for him didn't.

th

I predict there would be as many Hillary flipflops as there are Trump flipflops.

but, all of you partisan little girls keep whining abut Trump, ignore your own serpent that speaketh with forked tongue.

You're all so amusing

The difference being that Hillary's promises were realistic and workable. Trump's were bat shit crazy.

This deserves its own thread. I think it took a year in for Dubya to get a list this long. Trump still won't be POTUS for another two months.

On his predecessor:
“I think president Obama has been the most ignorant president in our history…President Obama when he became president, he didn't know anything. This guy didn’t know a thing. And honestly, today he knows less. Today, he knows less. He has done a terrible job.” (Press conference in Florida, July 27, 2016)

“I have great respect…I very much look forward to dealing with the President in the future, including counsel. He explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets and some of the really great things that have been achieved.” (White House, November 10, 2016)

“Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!” (Twitter, November 10, 2016, 9:19pm ET)

Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!” (Twitter, November 11, 2016, 6:14am ET)

On Obamacare:

“I like those [the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies] very much.” (Wall Street Journal, November 11, 2016)

On the border wall:
“Jeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "fence." It's not a fence, Jeb, it's a WALL, and there's a BIG difference!” (Twitter, August 25, 2015)

On gay marriage:
“If I’m elected, I would be very strong on putting certain judges on the bench that I think maybe could change things…I don’t like the way they ruled…I would strongly consider [trying to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage].” (Fox News Sunday, January 31, 2016)

“It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done…And I’m fine with that.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On locking her up:
“If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, so much exception. There has never been anything like it. We will have a special prosecutor. I go out and speak and the people of this country are furious. The long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this with emails. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails and acid wash them or bleach them. An expensive process. We will get a special prosecutor and look into it. You know what, people have been—their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you have done. You should be ashamed.” (Second Presidential Debate, October 9, 2016)

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t…It’s just not something that I feel very strongly about.” (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

“We have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out.” (CNN-Republican Debate, February 25, 2016)

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, we have a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On the generals:
“Well the generals under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have not been very successful.” (Commander-in-Chief Forum, September 7, 2016)

“We have some great generals. We have great generals.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

"Well, I’ll be honest with you, I probably do [know more about ISIS than the generals do] because look at the job they’ve done. Okay? Look at the job they’ve done. They haven’t done the job.” (60 Minutes, less than a minute later)

On nuclear Japan:
“Well I think maybe it’s not so bad to have Japan — if Japan had that nuclear threat, I’m not sure that would be a bad thing for us.” (New York Times, March 26, 2016)

“The @nytimes states today that DJT believes "more countries should acquire nuclear weapons." How dishonest are they. I never said this!” (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

“The electoral college is a disaster for democracy.” (Twitter, November 06, 2012)

“The Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!” (Twitter, November 15, 2016)

“I'd rather do the popular vote.” Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

“Trump University has a 98% approval rating. I could have settled but won't out of principle!” (Twitter, February 29, 2016)

“I don't settle cases…I won’t settle because it’s an easy case to win in court.” (Morning Joe, March 3, 2016)

“I settled the Trump University lawsuit for a small fraction of the potential award because as President I have to focus on our country” (Twitter, November 19, 2016)

“I am not a great believer in man-made climate change.” (Washington Post, March 21, 2016)

“I think there is some connectivity. Some, something.” (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
“We’re going to cancel the Paris Climate Agreement” (Policy address in North Dakota, May 26, 2016)

On torture:
“Torture works. OK, folks? You know, I have these guys—‘Torture doesn’t work!’—believe me, it works. And waterboarding is your minor form. Some people say it’s not actually torture. Let’s assume it is. But they asked me the question: What do you think of waterboarding? Absolutely fine. But we should go much stronger than waterboarding.” (South Carolina, February 17, 2016)

“[Mattis] said, ‘I’ve never found it to be useful…Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I’ll do better.’…I was very impressed by that answer… [Torture is] not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.’’ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the New York Times:
"Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the 'Trump phenomena.'" (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

“I have great respect for the New York Times. I have tremendous respect…The New York Times is a world jewel. And I hope we can all get along." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

I QUOTE what Trump said before and after and they just sling bullshit.
That's what they do: they attack the messenger because they can't defend the message.

uh thats because you have not provided any real facts on flip flopping.:cuckoo: No shooting of the messenger as you like to believe,you just have not proven he has done any real flip flopping with lame examples.

example,your first point is this.
On his predecessor:

sorry no flip flopping here.If he came out and said what he REALLY thinks about Obama as he said back then,he would come across as being sour grapes so he is doing the SMART thing right here the fact he is about to be sworn in by lying about Obama saying he has respect for him.That shows class to me not trying to stir up trouble with the former president going in.Go after him later AFTER he becomes president.smart move on his part i would say.:thup:

Last edited:
Spin what, guano?

campaign rhetoric?

th

You're all so amusing

The difference being that Hillary's promises were realistic and workable. Trump's were bat shit crazy.

Of course they were

200w.gif

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

Imo it's more that they hope he will benefit the working class, and since Obama/Clinton and the Booshes hadn't, inconsistencies are immaterial. If he pulls it off, they will be immaterial.

"Garbage"?? How so? Each one of the points in this article are direct quotes with tagged references.
I explained why it's bullshit. Try reading.
Yeah, you called the OP garbage and then failed to make any kind of point to explain why you think it is bullshit. There are very clear quotes from Trump showing flip flops on MANY different statements and positions. All true quotes with source references.

You think its all bullshit because of the one Climate Change flip?

OK lets give you the argument that he didn't take a strong position on either side (I'll ignore his Climate change/China conspiracy BS) What say you about the other 14??

How about you just speak the truth... Trump is not honest about his political ambitions, he is an emotional speaker and doesn't think much about details... But you are fine with this as you feel it is a better option than a President Clinton.

Trump has many flaws, its ok to recognize that and still support him. Denying they exist just makes you look stupid and partisan.

The difference is that Hillary's promises were Communist and unconstitutional. Same as Billy Boy's.

The Good News is that TWO DYNASTIES have now been extinguished all at once -- both the Bush and the Clinton.

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

I QUOTE what Trump said before and after and they just sling bullshit.
That's what they do: they attack the messenger because they can't defend the message.

uh thats because you have not provided any real facts on flip flopping.:cuckoo: No shooting of the messenger as you like to believe,you just have not proven he has done any real flip flopping with lame examples.

example,your first point is this.
On his predecessor:

sorry no flip flopping here.If he came out and said what he REALLY thinks about Obama as he said back then,he would come across as being sour grapes so he is doing the SMART thing right here the fact he is about to be sworn in by lying about Obama saying he has respect for him.That shows class to me not trying to stir up trouble with the former president going in.Go after him later AFTER he becomes president.smart move on his part i would say.:thup:
You are joking, right??
Trumps statement fits the definition of flip flop. Just because you justify it as being diplomatic, that doesn't excuse the contrast. He could have made a much more tempered response "It was a very productive meeting, and I appreciate the willingness of the President to assist with a smooth transition.

Listen man, most of us have been able to see right through Trump from the beginning. He is full of shit, these flip flops are no surprise. I've been calling them from during the campaign. I'm glad he is changing his positions towards ones I agree more with, I'm glad he was respectful to the President in their meeting and I think he has been a gracious winner towards Clinton. But if I was one of those puppets chanting "Lock her up" at his rally and putting bumper stickers on my car, i'd be pretty upset about the change of heart.

Paying off those Electors was expensive but it worked for Trump. In the meantime, Hillary is scheduled to win the popular vote by over 2M:
Clinton's popular vote lead surpasses 2 million
This is JUNK NEWS.

Hillary is up by only 1.3 million.

Not even close to 2 million.

Does not even round to 2 million.

2016 Presidential Election Live Results
You linked to an old Huffington post article that shows the electoral college results. I don't see anywhere where they are refreshing stats for the popular vote.

Do a little more research and see what you dig up. Here is a good place to start:
2016 National Popular Vote Tracker

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

you don't honestly believe the trumpbots give a rats ass what their deity does or says do you?

I somehow imagined there were enough sane people in the country to keep him out of the WH ... but NOOOOOO uneducated white morons rule the damn country.

Forum List

Back