Trump's "15 Flip Flops in 15 Days"

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
This deserves its own thread. I think it took a year in for Dubya to get a list this long. Trump still won't be POTUS for another two months.

15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

***15 Flip Flops in 15 Days

On his predecessor:
ā€œI think president Obama has been the most ignorant president in our historyā€¦President Obama when he became president, he didn't know anything. This guy didnā€™t know a thing. And honestly, today he knows less. Today, he knows less. He has done a terrible job.ā€ (Press conference in Florida, July 27, 2016)

ā€œI have great respectā€¦I very much look forward to dealing with the President in the future, including counsel. He explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets and some of the really great things that have been achieved.ā€ (White House, November 10, 2016)

On anti-Trump protesters:
ā€œJust had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!ā€ (Twitter, November 10, 2016, 9:19pm ET)

ā€œLove the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!ā€ (Twitter, November 11, 2016, 6:14am ET)

On Obamacare:
ā€œItā€™s gotta go.ā€ (CNN, July 30, 2015)

ā€œI like those [the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patientsā€™ existing conditions and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies] very much.ā€ (Wall Street Journal, November 11, 2016)

On the border wall:
ā€œJeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "fence." It's not a fence, Jeb, it's a WALL, and there's a BIG difference!ā€ (Twitter, August 25, 2015)

ā€œThere could be some fencing.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On gay marriage:
ā€œIf Iā€™m elected, I would be very strong on putting certain judges on the bench that I think maybe could change thingsā€¦I donā€™t like the way they ruledā€¦I would strongly consider [trying to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage].ā€ (Fox News Sunday, January 31, 2016)

ā€œItā€™s irrelevant because it was already settled. Itā€™s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean itā€™s doneā€¦And Iā€™m fine with that.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On locking her up:
ā€œIf I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, so much exception. There has never been anything like it. We will have a special prosecutor. I go out and speak and the people of this country are furious. The long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this with emails. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails and acid wash them or bleach them. An expensive process. We will get a special prosecutor and look into it. You know what, people have beenā€”their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you have done. You should be ashamed.ā€ (Second Presidential Debate, October 9, 2016)

ā€œI donā€™t want to hurt the Clintons, I really donā€™tā€¦Itā€™s just not something that I feel very strongly about.ā€ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On deporting illegal immigrants:
ā€œWe have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out.ā€ (CNN-Republican Debate, February 25, 2016)

ā€œWhat we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, we have a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On the generals:
ā€œWell the generals under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have not been very successful.ā€ (Commander-in-Chief Forum, September 7, 2016)

ā€œWe have some great generals. We have great generals.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

"Well, Iā€™ll be honest with you, I probably do [know more about ISIS than the generals do] because look at the job theyā€™ve done. Okay? Look at the job theyā€™ve done. They havenā€™t done the job.ā€ (60 Minutes, less than a minute later)

On nuclear Japan:
ā€œWell I think maybe itā€™s not so bad to have Japan ā€” if Japan had that nuclear threat, Iā€™m not sure that would be a bad thing for us.ā€ (New York Times, March 26, 2016)

ā€œThe @nytimes states today that DJT believes "more countries should acquire nuclear weapons." How dishonest are they. I never said this!ā€ (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

On the Electoral College:
ā€œThe electoral college is a disaster for democracy.ā€ (Twitter, November 06, 2012)

ā€œThe Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!ā€ (Twitter, November 15, 2016)

ā€œI'd rather do the popular vote.ā€ Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the Trump University lawsuit:
ā€œTrump University has a 98% approval rating. I could have settled but won't out of principle!ā€ (Twitter, February 29, 2016)

ā€œI don't settle casesā€¦I wonā€™t settle because itā€™s an easy case to win in court.ā€ (Morning Joe, March 3, 2016)

ā€œI settled the Trump University lawsuit for a small fraction of the potential award because as President I have to focus on our countryā€ (Twitter, November 19, 2016)

On man-made climate change:
ā€œI am not a great believer in man-made climate change.ā€ (Washington Post, March 21, 2016)

ā€œI think there is some connectivity. Some, something.ā€ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
On the Paris climate agreement:
ā€œWeā€™re going to cancel the Paris Climate Agreementā€ (Policy address in North Dakota, May 26, 2016)

ā€œI have an open mind to it." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On torture:
ā€œTorture works. OK, folks? You know, I have these guysā€”ā€˜Torture doesnā€™t work!ā€™ā€”believe me, it works. And waterboarding is your minor form. Some people say itā€™s not actually torture. Letā€™s assume it is. But they asked me the question: What do you think of waterboarding? Absolutely fine. But we should go much stronger than waterboarding.ā€ (South Carolina, February 17, 2016)

ā€œ[Mattis] said, ā€˜Iā€™ve never found it to be usefulā€¦Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and Iā€™ll do better.ā€™ā€¦I was very impressed by that answerā€¦ [Torture is] not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.ā€™ā€™ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the New York Times:
"Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the 'Trump phenomena.'" (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

ā€œI have great respect for the New York Times. I have tremendous respectā€¦The New York Times is a world jewel. And I hope we can all get along." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

Itā€™s ironic an emotionally-triggered leftist with an ā€œAmerican Indianā€ for an avatar wants to discuss flip-flops. If you werenā€™t so emotionally invested, then Iā€™m certain youā€™d recognize most of these examples are not a flip or flop, and some were just good decisions based on the situation.

Last edited:
This deserves its own thread.

ā€œI am not a great believer in man-made climate change.ā€ (Washington Post, March 21, 2016)

ā€œI think there is some connectivity. Some, something.ā€ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
ā€œWeā€™re going to cancel the Paris Climate Agreementā€ (Policy address in North Dakota, May 26, 2016)

On torture:
ā€œTorture works. OK, folks? You know, I have these guysā€”ā€˜Torture doesnā€™t work!ā€™ā€”believe me, it works. And waterboarding is your minor form. Some people say itā€™s not actually torture. Letā€™s assume it is. But they asked me the question: What do you think of waterboarding? Absolutely fine. But we should go much stronger than waterboarding.ā€ (South Carolina, February 17, 2016)

ā€œ[Mattis] said, ā€˜Iā€™ve never found it to be usefulā€¦Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and Iā€™ll do better.ā€™ā€¦I was very impressed by that answerā€¦ [Torture is] not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.ā€™ā€™ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
That's just garbage and you are dishonest. I asked in the other thread for you and a few others to post where he says there will be no waterboarding in his administration. So you run here and puke up your garbage all over again instead?

He said he isn't a great believer in global warming and you have a quote where he thinks there may be something.

That's some weak shit, you are desperate and I love the fact you libtards are ruining your lives over this.

200.gif

• Banned

On torture:

That's just garbage and you are dishonest. I asked in the other thread for you and a few others to post where he says there will be no waterboarding in his administration. So you run here and puke up your garbage all over again instead?

He said he isn't a great believer in global warming and you have a quote where he thinks there may be something.

That's some weak shit, you are desperate and I love the fact you libtards are ruining your lives over this.

No one said he stated there will be no waterboarding, but he has changed his opinion.

"flip-flop. A sudden reversal of opinion or policy by a politician, usually running for office."

Get used to it. You're going to see many, many more.

On torture:

No one said he stated there will be no waterboarding, but he has changed his opinion.

"flip-flop. A sudden reversal of opinion or policy by a politician, usually running for office."

Get used to it. You're going to see many, many more.
I'll be making fun of your stupid ass a lot more too. Get used to it. He didn't say he wasn't going to have waterboarding so it isn't a change in policy. You lied.

Only 15? Well, I don't think many of your liberal friends really understand what's going on. Soon, though, they may.

This deserves its own thread. I think it took a year in for Dubya to get a list this long. Trump still won't be POTUS for another two months.

On his predecessor:
ā€œI think president Obama has been the most ignorant president in our historyā€¦President Obama when he became president, he didn't know anything. This guy didnā€™t know a thing. And honestly, today he knows less. Today, he knows less. He has done a terrible job.ā€ (Press conference in Florida, July 27, 2016)

ā€œI have great respectā€¦I very much look forward to dealing with the President in the future, including counsel. He explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets and some of the really great things that have been achieved.ā€ (White House, November 10, 2016)

ā€œJust had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!ā€ (Twitter, November 10, 2016, 9:19pm ET)

ā€œLove the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!ā€ (Twitter, November 11, 2016, 6:14am ET)

On Obamacare:

ā€œI like those [the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patientsā€™ existing conditions and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies] very much.ā€ (Wall Street Journal, November 11, 2016)

On the border wall:
ā€œJeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "fence." It's not a fence, Jeb, it's a WALL, and there's a BIG difference!ā€ (Twitter, August 25, 2015)

On gay marriage:
ā€œIf Iā€™m elected, I would be very strong on putting certain judges on the bench that I think maybe could change thingsā€¦I donā€™t like the way they ruledā€¦I would strongly consider [trying to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage].ā€ (Fox News Sunday, January 31, 2016)

ā€œItā€™s irrelevant because it was already settled. Itā€™s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean itā€™s doneā€¦And Iā€™m fine with that.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On locking her up:
ā€œIf I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, so much exception. There has never been anything like it. We will have a special prosecutor. I go out and speak and the people of this country are furious. The long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this with emails. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails and acid wash them or bleach them. An expensive process. We will get a special prosecutor and look into it. You know what, people have beenā€”their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you have done. You should be ashamed.ā€ (Second Presidential Debate, October 9, 2016)

ā€œI donā€™t want to hurt the Clintons, I really donā€™tā€¦Itā€™s just not something that I feel very strongly about.ā€ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

ā€œWe have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out.ā€ (CNN-Republican Debate, February 25, 2016)

ā€œWhat we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, we have a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On the generals:
ā€œWell the generals under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have not been very successful.ā€ (Commander-in-Chief Forum, September 7, 2016)

ā€œWe have some great generals. We have great generals.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

"Well, Iā€™ll be honest with you, I probably do [know more about ISIS than the generals do] because look at the job theyā€™ve done. Okay? Look at the job theyā€™ve done. They havenā€™t done the job.ā€ (60 Minutes, less than a minute later)

On nuclear Japan:
ā€œWell I think maybe itā€™s not so bad to have Japan ā€” if Japan had that nuclear threat, Iā€™m not sure that would be a bad thing for us.ā€ (New York Times, March 26, 2016)

ā€œThe @nytimes states today that DJT believes "more countries should acquire nuclear weapons." How dishonest are they. I never said this!ā€ (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

ā€œThe electoral college is a disaster for democracy.ā€ (Twitter, November 06, 2012)

ā€œThe Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!ā€ (Twitter, November 15, 2016)

ā€œI'd rather do the popular vote.ā€ Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

ā€œTrump University has a 98% approval rating. I could have settled but won't out of principle!ā€ (Twitter, February 29, 2016)

ā€œI don't settle casesā€¦I wonā€™t settle because itā€™s an easy case to win in court.ā€ (Morning Joe, March 3, 2016)

ā€œI settled the Trump University lawsuit for a small fraction of the potential award because as President I have to focus on our countryā€ (Twitter, November 19, 2016)

On torture:

On the New York Times:
"Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the 'Trump phenomena.'" (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

ā€œI have great respect for the New York Times. I have tremendous respectā€¦The New York Times is a world jewel. And I hope we can all get along." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

His rubes don't know how to spin this

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

Spin what, guano?

campaign rhetoric?

Butthurt no longer describes the lefts meltdown. We haven't seen this level of desperation since the SCOTUS told Al Gore to suck it.

Hillary lost, got her ass beat, Trump won and we have 4 to 8 years to abolish liberal laws, policy, regulations, and turn the SCOTUS conservative for the next 30 years. Its as if God is punishing the left, hell yeah! :eusa_dance:

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

I QUOTE what Trump said before and after and they just sling bullshit.
That's what they do: they attack the messenger because they can't defend the message.

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

Spin what, guano?

campaign rhetoric?
Campaign rhetoric? Try everything he campaigned on. I'm beginning to think the right is going to be as disappointed in trump as the left is.

Butthurt no longer describes the lefts meltdown. We haven't seen this level of desperation since the SCOTUS told Al Gore to suck it.

Hillary lost, got her ass beat, Trump won and we have 4 to 8 years to abolish liberal laws, policy, regulations, and turn the SCOTUS conservative for the next 30 years. Its as if God is punishing the left, hell yeah! :eusa_dance:

Paying off those Electors was expensive but it worked for Trump. In the meantime, Hillary is scheduled to win the popular vote by over 2M:
Clinton's popular vote lead surpasses 2 million

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

Spin what, guano?

campaign rhetoric?
Campaign rhetoric? Try everything he campaigned on. I'm beginning to think the right is going to be as disappointed in trump as the left is.

Not my first rodeo, or election.

I believe a campaigning candidate as much as I believe Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or any Clinton.

One of the reasons I only vote down ticket

Listen up quasi-American Indian, I'm going to help you along here, using one example from the top. You'll have to set aside your emotions.

Example:
On his predecessor:

This is a perfect example defending Trump's position that he works well with people for achieving goals. "Having great respect" is an open statement and could apply to the person, the position, the experience and who knows what the fuck else.

Obama is an ignorant SOB, more than that he's weak. But he has held the position for eight years, so he must know something (ILMAO). I realize you're a somewhat lost soul wrapped around liberalism. You've been strung along by your base. Perhaps you're just young. Point is, using this as an example for "flip-flopping" is a wasted effort. It has no meaning, though you did manage to compliment your next POUS.

On torture:

"Garbage"?? How so? Each one of the points in this article are direct quotes with tagged references. I don't see how you can dispute them. Many of these flip flops make sense and were expected as his campaign rhetoric was way over the top. He played off the emotions of people like you but did not make realistic or intellectually honest campaign promises. Many of his opposers saw right through this, which is way so many are baffled about how he fooled so many and won this election. The trend back towards the middle should be a slight ease of tensions for Liberals and Progressives as the "tough guy" act wears off. Strict conservatives are in for some disappointment if they expect follow through... However, I expect even a flip flopping Trump is better, in their opinion then a Hillary Clinton... so it won't be total disappointment.

As to your question about waterboarding:
-----
On the issue of torture, specifically waterboarding, Trump suggested that heā€™s changed his mind on its usefulness after speaking with retired Gen. James Mattis, a man who could be the next Secretary of Defense.

ā€œGeneral Mattis found it to be very less important, much less important than I thought he would say. I thought he would say ā€” you know heā€™s known as Mad Dog Mattis, right? Mad Dog for a reason. I thought heā€™d say ā€˜Itā€™s phenomenal, donā€™t lose it.ā€™ He actually said, ā€˜No, give me some cigarettes and some drinks, and weā€™ll do better,ā€™ā€ Trump said.

Trump had said while campaigning that heā€™d bring back interrogation techniques ā€œa hell of a lot worse than waterboarding.ā€ He said that, ā€œIt works. And if it doesnā€™t work, they deserve it anyway for what they do to us.ā€

Trump flip-flops on waterboarding and prosecuting Clinton ā€“ Talk Media News

Hahaha they still trust the MSM, its gonna be xmas all over when they see just how much the MSM lies.

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

Spin what, guano?

campaign rhetoric?

Not my first rodeo, or election.

I believe a campaigning candidate as much as I believe Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or any Clinton.

One of the reasons I only vote down ticket

So you knew everything he said was a lie? I'm petty sure most of the idiots that voter for him didn't.

Forum List

Back