Trump: 'What happened in Las Vegas is in many ways a miracle'

He had killed himself before the 1 hour 22 mark.......timelines don't show when he offed himself.......but was firing down the hall at security within 10 or so minutes of the start.

They didn't breach the room until 72 minutes after the call. Heard it in the lvmpd conference. Though the shooting went on for another 11 minutes after the call of shots fired, then stopped.
I'm sorry to say but 90 mins took the police to stop the guy. Is waaaay too long.

He stopped after 12 minutes. If he continued shooting, I"m sure they would have reacted much quicker.
Still very slow. Police are everywhere on the strip, but the event...everyone knew where the shots were coming from.

Actually they didn't. I heard some interviews of victims on the radio this past week. They said the bullets were bouncing around so much it was impossible to tell where they were coming from. Few were even concerned about where they were coming from. They were all just trying to get the hell out of

Police knew where the shots were fired from. 90 minutes again is way too long in the middle of a very busy strip and a huge gathering like that. A total failure in my opinion.

Where did you get 90 minutes?

Yea the police should have waited a couple hours before coming in on him.
Dumbfuck

This thread is not about the response - it's about the incident.

The response was miraculous! The first responders saved countless lives directly in the line of fire. One, only one was shot attempting to breach his door. He had a camera mounted in the hallway alerting him that someone was approaching his door. Citizens assisted and protected other victims regardless of race, creed, color or anything else. Given the pathetic attitude of much of the Nation, this was indeed miraculous. The police arrived on his floor in TWELVE MINUTES from the moment he started firing.

Yea the police should have waited a couple hours before coming in on him.
Dumbfuck

This thread is not about the response - it's about the incident.

The response was miraculous! The first responders saved countless lives directly in the line of fire. One, only one was shot attempting to breach his door. He had a camera mounted in the hallway alerting him that someone was approaching his door. Citizens assisted and protected other victims regardless of race, creed, color or anything else. Given the pathetic attitude of much of the Nation, this was indeed miraculous. The police arrived on his floor in TWELVE MINUTES from the moment he started firing.

Miracle? Divine intervention?

Trump rarely knows what the flip he is talking about. That is why there are so many trumpterpreters like the ones here at USMB to explain his nonsense and incoherent gibberish, but all they are doing is speculating. No one really knows what he says if he doesn't know himself.

Then how is it we all know what he said and only leftists didn't?

Why would any sane person say anything about the Las Vegas massacre was a miracle? Was Trump suggesting "divine intervention"?

You figure it out. They had 20 thousand people all boxed into an area with a well armed nut platformed willing to kill anything and anybody. Only 59 people killed and over 500 just wounded.

I understand you're a lib, so allow me to translate: It could have been much, much worse. That's what he meant.
Well.....hurray then.

Wtf does he mean by "we will be talking about gun laws?"
It means Congress likes the money from the NRA, and won't vote for gun control.

Yes, they love all that 1.1 million dollars divided among Republican candidates in 2016. Of course, that doesn't come close to labor unions who donated over 167 million--mostly to the Democrat party.

Labor Unions Spent A Record Amount On The Elections. But Not As Much As These 5 People. | HuffPost
Hitler hated Labor Unions, too.
Hey remember....if Lefties/Democrats don't like Hitler, the trumpanzees are all for him.

What are you a fucking moron?

He clearly means that it is a miracle that more did not die, you wanker.

Trump said what he said. Are you suggesting he was taken out of context - like President Obama?

President Donald Trump was 100% correct. I realize you are most distraught that our President is doing so well in spite of your and other Progressives desperate efforts to post FAKE NEWS.

He stopped after 12 minutes. If he continued shooting, I"m sure they would have reacted much quicker.
Still very slow. Police are everywhere on the strip, but the event...everyone knew where the shots were coming from.

Actually they didn't. I heard some interviews of victims on the radio this past week. They said the bullets were bouncing around so much it was impossible to tell where they were coming from. Few were even concerned about where they were coming from. They were all just trying to get the hell out of

Police knew where the shots were fired from. 90 minutes again is way too long in the middle of a very busy strip and a huge gathering like that. A total failure in my opinion.

I would agree if they allowed him to fire for anywhere nearly that long. But once the shots stopped, they knew something was up. It's very common for mass murderers to kill themselves before the police get a hold of them. As early reports have stated, the guy had all kinds of bomb making ingredients with him. Who's to say that he didn't rig the door so a huge explosion took place after it was kicked down? I'm sure more will come out of this story as time goes on, but I believe that police have their reasons for doing what they did.

A veteran 2 floors down told them where the shooter is at. Police went up little bit late, they were ready to go in and they were not till the SWAT Team is there. In the middle of Vegas where police are all over the place, one guy had 90 minutes to kill as many as he can. To me is a totally failure and questions should be asked.

Rushing the door would have been a very bad and dangerous idea. They probably would have if the shooter was still shooting, but they knew the shooting stopped.

Remember too they had no idea WTF they were dealing with. The guy was obviously intelligent enough to create a perfect plan for a mass killing, who knew what else he had planned?

Maybe he was a demolitions expert from the military. The police storm the room, such an explosion goes off killing more people in the hotel rooms and perhaps even causing a collapse. Would that have made you happy, especially since he stopped shooting?

Police and SWAT strategies have been developed from past mistakes and making every consideration possible over many decades. To a layman it may look amateurish, but to professionals, I'm sure all would agree that proper procedure was followed and that the highest level of safety was insured.

I'm sorry to say but 90 mins took the police to stop the guy. Is waaaay too long.

That is a LIE, why would you post such a thing? Police were at his door in TWELVE MINUTES at which time he had stopped firing and apparently committed suicide. ALWAYS a pathetic Progressive with such a vile attack.

Mass shooting on the Las Vegas Strip — TIMELINE

1 hour 22 minutes they stormed the room.........He had already killed himself well before then........

Chaos was going on and the police were doing their best to get people to safety and deal with wounded.

To those that bitch about the time............It's always easier from the Cheap Seats and after the fact.
Ah...that's what it's called? The Cheap Seats?

Vegas massacre would have been less of a "miracle" without bump stocks.

Momentum Grows In Congress For 'Bump Stock' Ban After Las Vegas Shooting

Which is fine, it will be a feel-good measure but will accomplish nothing.

My guess is that 95% of the public had never heard of a bump stock before this weekend.

I would say more like 99%. But even if that's what was used (and all indications now are that he did) it's the first mass murder I'm aware of where somebody used bump stocks.

Press conference now.
Sheriff suggests he believes he had planned on escaping.
Also stated for as much explosives, weaponry, etc he would have had to be super man to pull it off without anyone else having some knowledge.

Forum List

Back