Trump wants to impose work requirement for food stamp users

https://apps.state.or.us/Forms/Served/de7280f.pdf

Required notification that is provided to every snap household telling them they're supposed to work, or can lose their benefits.

So it is a state requirement.

Feds provide welfare funds in block grants to the states with certain regulations/requirements to the programs and then each state determines how those funds are administered and each have their own laws & requirements
no, its not a state requirement. The requirement is federal. They give us money to use to contract ppl to do it. The program looks different state to state. But it is mandated by the feds.Eligibility | Food and Nutrition Service

Ok it is a Federal requirement, yet states had the options for waivers if they had high unemployment.

Food Stamp Rolls Drop as States Decline Federally Funded Benefit

Under federal law, food stamp benefits are cut off after three months for adults under the age of 50 who don’t have dependents unless they find work or engage in a volunteer or job-training activity. The stimulus bill permitted states to waive that provision in areas with high unemployment.

As the economy and jobs improve, it's likely more states will forego those waivers and require work for benefits

I just spent all day trying to explain the difference between federal law, and Oregon's fucked up policies, when it comes to snap...to ppl who ought to be able to figure it out themselves. I am

Unfortunately it will not apply to welfare queens with dependent kids which just encourages black women to continue dropping bastards well into their 50s.!!!

http://nypost.com/2017/05/22/trump-wants-to-impose-work-requirement-for-food-stamp-users/

may 22 2017 The Trump administration wants to impose a work requirement on able-bodied adults who receive food stamps and force states to pick up some of the costs as part of a wider plan to slash spending by $3.6 trillion over the next decade.

Budget director Mick Mulvaney said that once states have “a little skin in the game,” they will be more inclined to root out abuses and waste in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

Overall, the Trump administration wants to squeeze out about $193 billion from SNAP over 10 years.

To do so, President Trump wants able-bodied adults without dependent children to work for their food stamps, Mulvaney said.

I say if anyone is taking taxpayer's money for their salary then no golf! And if they are caught playing golf more than once they lose their job! No exceptions!

I mean, what lowlife would take taxpayer money for their salary and then go play golf over and over and over. Get to work lazy!

https://apps.state.or.us/Forms/Served/de7280f.pdf

Required notification that is provided to every snap household telling them they're supposed to work, or can lose their benefits.

So it is a state requirement.

Feds provide welfare funds in block grants to the states with certain regulations/requirements to the programs and then each state determines how those funds are administered and each have their own laws & requirements
no, its not a state requirement. The requirement is federal. They give us money to use to contract ppl to do it. The program looks different state to state. But it is mandated by the feds.Eligibility | Food and Nutrition Service

Ok it is a Federal requirement, yet states had the options for waivers if they had high unemployment.

Food Stamp Rolls Drop as States Decline Federally Funded Benefit

Under federal law, food stamp benefits are cut off after three months for adults under the age of 50 who don’t have dependents unless they find work or engage in a volunteer or job-training activity. The stimulus bill permitted states to waive that provision in areas with high unemployment.

As the economy and jobs improve, it's likely more states will forego those waivers and require work for benefits
yeah but the states want the money. So they take it, they contract bozos at rock bottom prices, and then they go ahead and exempt ppl. Oregon was exemptin ppl for "other" for years. After doing that for ten years, and after an audit, they were like "wut, we can't do that? Oh my how embarrassing! We need money to fix it now.. " hence the new 7280f rights and responsibilities forms.

Unfortunately it will not apply to welfare queens with dependent kids which just encourages black women to continue dropping bastards well into their 50s.!!!

http://nypost.com/2017/05/22/trump-wants-to-impose-work-requirement-for-food-stamp-users/

may 22 2017 The Trump administration wants to impose a work requirement on able-bodied adults who receive food stamps and force states to pick up some of the costs as part of a wider plan to slash spending by $3.6 trillion over the next decade.

Budget director Mick Mulvaney said that once states have “a little skin in the game,” they will be more inclined to root out abuses and waste in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

Overall, the Trump administration wants to squeeze out about $193 billion from SNAP over 10 years.

To do so, President Trump wants able-bodied adults without dependent children to work for their food stamps, Mulvaney said.

I say if anyone is taking taxpayer's money for their salary then no golf! And if they are caught playing golf more than once they lose their job! No exceptions!

I mean, what lowlife would take taxpayer money for their salary and then go play golf over and over and over. Get to work lazy!

You are not emperor of the universe. You do not decide who plays golf, and who doesn't. Have you found your binkie yet?

- Trump wants to impose work requirement for food stamp users -
In all honesty that doesn't sound unreasonable to me :dunno:

Yeah but it would cost a fortune to administer. Better to cut food stamp payment to like $50 a month and restrict it to staples like rice, beans, and flour.

That's racist

Are you really saying that all recipients of food stamps are black?

All the elderly, children, military, veterans, handicapped, Walmart employees, others who work full time but need help -

You think they're all people of color.

You're quite stupid.

[emoji90]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Are you really saying that all recipients of food stamps are black?

No one is saying that, you nitwit. But a far higher percentage of blacks are on welfare than whites. Even the govt says 5 times and since the govt counts lots of hispanics as white , the honest number is probably more like 15 times.

Most blacks can't read so what else can they do.?

Life must be so tough for you
it is for most janitors

Forum List

Back