Biden’s food stamp expansion linked to 15% jump in grocery prices: study

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Reminds me. The other day, I forgot to pick up a gallon of milk when I was doing my weekly shopping. I stopped at a convenience store. They were out of 2%, but they had whole milk. It was $7.49 for a gallon. Yeah, it was a store you don't go for bargains, but come on, my god!

The Biden administration’s massive expansion of food stamp benefits is linked to at least a 15% rise in grocery prices, a new study said on Thursday.

President Biden’s Department of Agriculture rolled out revised nutritional standards for federal food benefits in 2021 that expanded the program by roughly 25% from pre-COVID pandemic levels.

Overall spending on the Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP) more than doubled between 2019 and 2022, according to findings from the Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA) previewed by Fox News Digital.

Reminds me. The other day, I forgot to pick up a gallon of milk when I was doing my weekly shopping. I stopped at a convenience store. They were out of 2%, but they had whole milk. It was $7.49 for a gallon. Yeah, it was a store you don't go for bargains, but come on, my god!

“Government watchdog group” sounds official, but is really just a private group playing politics.

There are many reasons for inflation, and food stamps might play some small part.

I do the grocery shopping for my wife and I.

I think the increase is a lot a lot more than 15% since Potatohead stole the election. More like double or even triple that.

For instance, a shopping basket at Costco use to cost us about $300. Getting about the same mix of things nowadays it is over $500, even $600. Every item at the neighborhood Publix is at least double what it use to be, some things significantly more than that.

As retirees we have had to increase our income about a thousand dollars a month to make up for Potatohead's inflation. That doesn't even cover everything. Fortunately we have the means to do that but Potatohead's cruel tax is stealing from my children and grandchildren. . I feel sorry for the tens of millions Americans that don't have that ability. Of course some of them voted in this Potatohead idiot so they deserve the hit. However, it was nowhere near the 81 million voters that they claim.

Forum List

Back