The snap receivers should work.

They should go to trade school.
Cheaper and they make money right off the bat.
There's a study out there that shows those who go to trade school and start working immediately outpace the four year college grad in pay.
Plus they can start their own business.
If they all did what you suggest, who would work for WalMart?

They should go to trade school.
Cheaper and they make money right off the bat.
There's a study out there that shows those who go to trade school and start working immediately outpace the four year college grad in pay.
Plus they can start their own business.
True. Why do the useful idiots blame Walmart, an entity that actually will employ those with minimal skills? No one is forced to accept the wage they offer, yet they get blamed for people who haven’t applied themselves enough to command a higher wage. The core of Marxism is the redistribution of wealth from those with ability to those with needs. The ignorant foot soldiers in that Marxist army are referred to as useful idiots, and this site is full of them.

Yeah...thats why blue collar workers are bailing on the dems left and right.
Now the dems are replacing blue collar workers with immigrants.
Why are Republicans in red states removing voting on campus' all across America? Because they kicked your ass in 2022. Turned your red wave into a drip.

I think it's funny how the government tells people that if they just work 20 hours a week instead of 40, the government will give them free food so the poor pathetic things don't have to work 40 hours per week. Then the left call it corporate welfare.
3igv0pl9y9oa1.jpg

When you give them more SNAP money they can afford to buy better food. That's true. Then we save money on Obamacare. They eat better, are healthier and use Obamacare less.
haha yeah cause giving out more free money will make them make better choices

are you serious?

If More than 80% of SNAP beneficiaries are working families, where do those people work?

If it's not Walmart, it's other places like Walmart. I shouldn't pick on just Walmart.
well walmart is one of the largest employers in the nation, so yes hopefully people are working at places like that

but do you have a link supporting your claim that most of walmart’s employees are on SNAP

well walmart is one of the largest employers in the nation, so yes hopefully people are working at places like that

but do you have a link supporting your claim that most of walmart’s employees are on SNAP
You must be lazy or dumb if you can't look into it yourself. Where do you get your information from? Do you know how to do a google search? It was really easy to find this

Walmart and McDonald’s are among top employers of Medicaid and food stamp beneficiaries, report says​

The question of how much taxpayers contribute to maintaining basic living standards for employees at some of the nation’s largest low-wage companies has long been a flashpoint in the debate over minimum wage laws and the ongoing effort to unionize these sectors.

According to GAO

Walmart was the top employer of Medicaid enrollees in three states and one of the top four employers in the remaining three states. The retailer was the top employer of SNAP recipients in five states and one of the top four employers in the remaining four states.

Other notable companies with a large number of employees on federal aid include Amazon, Kroger, Dollar General, and other food service and retail giants.

About 70% of the 21 million federal aid beneficiaries worked full time

“U.S. taxpayers should not be forced to subsidize some of the largest and most profitable corporations in America,” Sanders said in a statement Wednesday evening. “It is time for the owners of Walmart, McDonald’s and other large corporations to get off of welfare and pay their workers a living wage.”

Walmart recently reported net income of $5.14 billion for its most recent quarter, while McDonald’s reported net income of $1.76 billion for the same period.

Walmart's response? Yea but we employ a lot of people. This is what's wrong with Republicans. They think it's better to pay 100 guys $50K a year than it is to pay 50 guys $100K. I disagree

You must be lazy or dumb if you can't look into it yourself. Where do you get your information from? Do you know how to do a google search? It was really easy to find this

Walmart and McDonald’s are among top employers of Medicaid and food stamp beneficiaries, report says​

The question of how much taxpayers contribute to maintaining basic living standards for employees at some of the nation’s largest low-wage companies has long been a flashpoint in the debate over minimum wage laws and the ongoing effort to unionize these sectors.

According to GAO

Walmart was the top employer of Medicaid enrollees in three states and one of the top four employers in the remaining three states. The retailer was the top employer of SNAP recipients in five states and one of the top four employers in the remaining four states.

Other notable companies with a large number of employees on federal aid include Amazon, Kroger, Dollar General, and other food service and retail giants.

About 70% of the 21 million federal aid beneficiaries worked full time

“U.S. taxpayers should not be forced to subsidize some of the largest and most profitable corporations in America,” Sanders said in a statement Wednesday evening. “It is time for the owners of Walmart, McDonald’s and other large corporations to get off of welfare and pay their workers a living wage.”

Walmart recently reported net income of $5.14 billion for its most recent quarter, while McDonald’s reported net income of $1.76 billion for the same period.

Walmart's response? Yea but we employ a lot of people. This is what's wrong with Republicans. They think it's better to pay 100 guys $50K a year than it is to pay 50 guys $100K. I disagree
I am still looking for proof that "MOST" of it's employees are on SNAP. That's what you claimed

People getting SNAP should be working...not sure what you issue is with that....hopefully they are looking for better jobs or more hours too

I am still looking for proof that "MOST" of it's employees are on SNAP. That's what you claimed

People getting SNAP should be working...not sure what you issue is with that....hopefully they are looking for better jobs or more hours too
Oh I knew it. Sorry I misspoke. Is what I've shown you much better than what I said? Then focus. Stop being a bitch. So I misspoke a little. Still bad right? How about that? Rather than laser focus and stick on the fact I misspoke, what I have shown you is bullshit right? Walmart has a lot of employees who get SNAP. And Walmart has billions in profits.

They say they will no longer lobby against minimum wage increases passed by the government. That's a good start. But basically what they are saying is they aren't going to pay a penny more than they have to for labor.

So Walmart employees should unionize.

Oh I knew it. Sorry I misspoke. Is what I've shown you much better than what I said? Then focus. Stop being a bitch. So I misspoke a little. Still bad right? How about that? Rather than laser focus and stick on the fact I misspoke, what I have shown you is bullshit right? Walmart has a lot of employees who get SNAP. And Walmart has billions in profits.

They say they will no longer lobby against minimum wage increases passed by the government. That's a good start. But basically what they are saying is they aren't going to pay a penny more than they have to for labor.

So Walmart employees should unionize.
yes, it's much better...you said MOST, when in fact that was just a lie. Sure there are some...who cares? what's the point of the program if some people aren't on it?

why would they pay a penny more for labor then what they have to?

yes, it's much better...you said MOST, when in fact that was just a lie. Sure there are some...who cares? what's the point of the program if some people aren't on it?

why would they pay a penny more for labor then what they have to?
Because it's the right thing to do.

I wish they had your attitude when handing out bonus' for the people at the top of the corporate food chain. I'm sure that would benefit consumers and investors too. But they'll never do that.

This is why Walmart employees should unionize. They have the power. It's not like a GM or Ford job that can be moved overseas. If you want to have a Walmart in the neighborhood, you have to pay at least $20 hr. MINIMUM. Whatever minimum wage is, $5 more than that.

Because it's the right thing to do.

I wish they had your attitude when handing out bonus' for the people at the top of the corporate food chain. I'm sure that would benefit consumers and investors too. But they'll never do that.

This is why Walmart employees should unionize. They have the power. It's not like a GM or Ford job that can be moved overseas. If you want to have a Walmart in the neighborhood, you have to pay at least $20 hr. MINIMUM. Whatever minimum wage is, $5 more than that.I ha
I have no problem with SNAP....you are the one that seems to take issue with the fact some folks that work at Wal-Mart get it....

why do you have to pay $20 min? Some folks want to work, and are willing to work for less then $20....sounds like your gonna be out of a job. Now a days with self-checkouts, the jobs are few and far between.

I have no problem with SNAP....you are the one that seems to take issue with the fact some folks that work at Wal-Mart get it....

why do you have to pay $20 min? Some folks want to work, and are willing to work for less then $20....sounds like your gonna be out of a job. Now a days with self-checkouts, the jobs are few and far between.
They want to work for less than $20 hr?

The thread is that SNAP receivers should work. I just showed you 80% already do. What am I missing?
The other 20%.

I would be far less upset about this program if it provided FOOD rather than money. In my experience many/most of these recipients do not use the money on the foods they should be buying.

AI and self check out will happen no matter how low you go in pay. Because one robot for $30K a year can do what 3 humans can do. That's okay. Pay the people who you do employ a good livable wage.

If you are okay with Walmart's business plan is to pay employees so low that they qualify for SNAP, I guess I can't argue with you.

If you have no problem with SNAP why have you been crying? Or maybe you jumped in and I'm assuming you're one of the people who says snap people should work.

Anyways, it's a ridiculous thing to say because most of them can't work. The others do work. So what's your conservative problem???

Forum List

Back