CDZ Trump speech at the BSA Jamboree

Wow. You make a whole lot of assumptions about me personally. Whatever turns you on, I guess.

Just making observations from what you post.
Meanwhile, how sad that you are unable to see beyond your own prejudices. The Boy Scouts don't take political sides but the POTUS is their honorary president, so they invite him to their Jamboree. That president chooses to include political issues in his words to the assembled. What you call a "harangue" is what most people call a talk. Maybe you haven't been to very many talks. There are invariably moments/topics included that are not of interest and or necessarily something you agree with.
I have attended one National Jamboree, six NOAC's and the largest annual Scouting event about 15 times, all of which have had prominent and often political speakers. This is the first time I have heard anything approaching what Trump did. From the Scout boards, apparently, four thousand Scouters haven't seen it either. Give it up; you lost this discussion a long time ago.

That's the way it goes with human beings. Some of the things I learned during my Scouting experience were courtesy and open mindedness. Those tools come in handy, don't you think?

You think Trump's speech exhibits courtesy and open mindedness?
I "lost" the discussion? You are kidding yourself. Trump's speech was unique and some people didn't like it. I see no reason to dismiss him or anyone on that basis. Clearly, simply him being Donald Trump is enough reason for you to disapprove of him.
I think his speech was what it was. You've ignored your own point that Boy Scouts are so wonderful- so open minded, so courteous- yet they just can't accept a speech that isn't like everybody else's? LOL Spread the tolerance!
Trump's speech wasn't unique
It was the same crap he gives everyone else
OK. Then the Boy Scouts knew what they were getting when they invited him to speak. They choose to invite him anyway.

He is President and all presidents are invited
From that point on, it is up to Trump to choose some appropriate words

The fact that he didn't leaves him open to criticism

Here's the text of the speech. Read a Transcript of Trump's Boy Scout Jamboree Speech

Maybe OP could point out the exact "profanity" and "inappropriateness" for us. Also, maybe OP can explain to us why Boy Scouts shouldn't hear about politics.

I listened to clips of the speech. The transcripts have obviously and appropriately been edited. Boy Scouts are required to learn about "politics" (it's called "Citizenship" and encouraged to participate. No previous president has done what Trump did: give a blatantly political speech at a non-political event designed for non-political purposes. By the way, were you ever a Boy Scout? Or a volunteer Boy Scout leader? You don't seem to be very familiar with the program or values.
So, you don't have any point, just that you want to attack Trump whatever he does. Why is that? I read the transcript of the speech and I saw nothing wrong.

Wow. You make a whole lot of assumptions about me personally. Whatever turns you on, I guess.

Meanwhile, how sad that you are unable to see beyond your own prejudices. The Boy Scouts don't take political sides but the POTUS is their honorary president, so they invite him to their Jamboree. That president chooses to include political issues in his words to the assembled. What you call a "harangue" is what most people call a talk. Maybe you haven't been to very many talks. There are invariably moments/topics included that are not of interest and or necessarily something you agree with.
I have attended one National Jamboree, six NOAC's and the largest annual Scouting event about 15 times, all of which have had prominent and often political speakers. This is the first time I have heard anything approaching what Trump did. From the Scout boards, apparently, four thousand Scouters haven't seen it either. Give it up; you lost this discussion a long time ago.

That's the way it goes with human beings. Some of the things I learned during my Scouting experience were courtesy and open mindedness. Those tools come in handy, don't you think?

I "lost" the discussion? You are kidding yourself. Trump's speech was unique and some people didn't like it. I see no reason to dismiss him or anyone on that basis. Clearly, simply him being Donald Trump is enough reason for you to disapprove of him.
I think his speech was what it was. You've ignored your own point that Boy Scouts are so wonderful- so open minded, so courteous- yet they just can't accept a speech that isn't like everybody else's? LOL Spread the tolerance!
OK. Then the Boy Scouts knew what they were getting when they invited him to speak. They choose to invite him anyway.

Wrong. They knew what they were getting when they invited him. To complain that he didn't morph into something else borders on insanity.

Wrong. They knew what they were getting when they invited him. To complain that he didn't morph into something else borders on insanity.

BSA ALWAYS invites POTUS to its jamborees

It is up to the President to speak appropriate sentiments

Like being prepared, being trustworthy, loyal, courteous, kind......
Values of citizenship

Not Political hackery about your opponents and bragging about how much you won the election

Your all a bunch of sheep. I mean really?
Look at CNN's list of "29 inappropriate statements" and maybe - maaaybe 2 were not that cool.
This is just another vaporous faux outrage against someone you all hate. Period.
I watched a good part of the speech and clearly the boys (and parents) and I did not hear one single boo...one single awkward silence...one single jeer. All anyone could hear was applause, cheering and laughter.
Pathetic

Here's the text of the speech. Read a Transcript of Trump's Boy Scout Jamboree Speech

Maybe OP could point out the exact "profanity" and "inappropriateness" for us. Also, maybe OP can explain to us why Boy Scouts shouldn't hear about politics.

I listened to clips of the speech. The transcripts have obviously and appropriately been edited. Boy Scouts are required to learn about "politics" (it's called "Citizenship" and encouraged to participate. No previous president has done what Trump did: give a blatantly political speech at a non-political event designed for non-political purposes. By the way, were you ever a Boy Scout? Or a volunteer Boy Scout leader? You don't seem to be very familiar with the program or values.
So, you don't have any point, just that you want to attack Trump whatever he does. Why is that? I read the transcript of the speech and I saw nothing wrong.

I rarely comment on any of Trump's speeches, so lumping me with the many who wig out on every tweet is an unfounded assumption on your part. I wonder why you do that, assume things about people with no evidence at all? I made the OP because I have a 60 year relationship with the Scouting movement and thought the venue was inappropriate (not the speech itself).

Trump's speech to the BSA was one of the best speeches ever given. That Democrats made their opposition before they ever heard it does not diminish the import a bit.

THE Boy Scouts is also supposed to be a Christian organization. BUT a Christian has no place there since it has been made into a gay pedophile turning organization. You may not like what Trump said in his speech, BUT the facts are that If the BSA were to actually follow the founders original tenets for the organization no dimshit scum liberals could join it. If a scout troop allows a gay to enter the troop they are putting the children at risk. It is the same as the bathroom shit, and all the other FORCED agenda things from the liberal hit in this country. Why not let a Hetro MAN be a girl scout leader and teach the little girls how to change their Tampax?? Maybe one of you liberals daughters? He could show her how to do a lot of things she needs to learn!!! Oh I forgot that would be okay with liberals too wouldn't it.

I rarely comment on any of Trump's speeches, so lumping me with the many who wig out on every tweet is an unfounded assumption on your part. I wonder why you do that, assume things about people with no evidence at all? I made the OP because I have a 60 year relationship with the Scouting movement and thought the venue was inappropriate (not the speech itself).
You cannot separate Donald Trump from his speech. The narcissist was known to be boastful, lying, fixated on President Obama's popularity, and party-political. The scouting leadership was in a bind whereby their honorary chief should not be let loose on impressionable children but it would have been better had they forgotten to send out an invitation than to have to issue an apology to the scouts' parents.

I loved Trump's speech segment, when he told the story about a fellow he had met at a cocktail party.
That's a story every impressable 12 to 18 year old will use as a guiding light to help them fulfill the principles of Boy Scouts. Not really. Maybe he thought he was in the locker room having one of his classic locker room moments, like when he was talking about
"grabbing pussy". This speech was just another unpresidential moment for Trump.
As a role model for kids, Trump fails miserably.
The 14 Most Inappropriate Moments From Trump’s Speech at the Boy Scout Jamboree

The Boy Scouts loved it. What's the issue?

BSA has disavowed his speech

Considering the never endorsed it in the first place, it's just more political backpedaling to prevent some lefties from doxxing the BSA leadership.

How about the GOP which also criticised the Speech? The Boy Scouts are non partisan and Trump should be embarrassed by his behaviour...
He is not, which leads us to believe he might be a Sociopath...

Considering the never endorsed it in the first place, it's just more political backpedaling to prevent some lefties from doxxing the BSA leadership.

How about the GOP which also criticised the Speech? The Boy Scouts are non partisan and Trump should be embarrassed by his behaviour...

The GOP he is currently beating up over the whole Healthcare kerfluffle?

And if it was Obama going on about Global Warming you probably wouldn't complain. It's not politicizing, it politics you don't like.

Trump's speech to the BSA was one of the best speeches ever given. That Democrats made their opposition before they ever heard it does not diminish the import a bit.

The Trump speech was the best speech ever, the best, best speech, Believe me
The boys enjoyed it bigly and it was the biggest crowd ever, big crowd, most ever
The boys learned valuable lessons about how their government is corrupt, that the media is not to be trusted and that Obamacare will kill them
They also learned how to make a fortune in shady real estate deals

And if it was Obama going on about Global Warming you probably wouldn't complain. It's not politicizing, it politics you don't like.

Global warming is accepted science. Only Republicans make it politics. The rest of the world accepts it and wants to do something about it

THE Boy Scouts is also supposed to be a Christian organization. BUT a Christian has no place there since it has been made into a gay pedophile turning organization. You may not like what Trump said in his speech, BUT the facts are that If the BSA were to actually follow the founders original tenets for the organization no dimshit scum liberals could join it. If a scout troop allows a gay to enter the troop they are putting the children at risk. It is the same as the bathroom shit, and all the other FORCED agenda things from the liberal hit in this country. Why not let a Hetro MAN be a girl scout leader and teach the little girls how to change their Tampax?? Maybe one of you liberals daughters? He could show her how to do a lot of things she needs to learn!!! Oh I forgot that would be okay with liberals too wouldn't it.

The Boy Scouts is not a Christian organization. They have troops of all faiths and there were Jews and Muslim troops present who are not looking to celebrate Christmas

Global warming is accepted science. Only Republicans make it politics. The rest of the world accepts it and wants to do something about it

No, the response to it is still politics. Giving more power to government is still politics.

And you aren't using the word science right.

Its a widely accepted theory, nothing more.

No, the response to it is still politics. Giving more power to government is still politics.

The science on global warming and mans contribution is accepted by the scientific community. Only Republicans, led by our President still deny it is happening

They are the ones making it political by blocking research, breaking the Paris climate accord and creating fake news

The science on global warming and mans contribution is accepted by the scientific community. Only Republicans, led by our President still deny it is happening

They are the ones making it political by blocking research, breaking the Paris climate accord and creating fake news

It's still politics because your side wants to use it to make government more powerful and less responsive to the people.

And it's accepted by the part of the community that would benefit the most from more funding to research it.

Trump knows nothing about scouting and its values. I find it hard to note a single point of the Scout Law he has not proudly violated. But above that, no Scout event is a proper venue for a political speech. It's also illegal since the BSA is a 501(c)(3) organization. But when has Trump ever paid attention to legalities?

oldfart Excellent point about Scout Law. The irony is impossible to ignore.

For that same reason, I don't understand why evangelical Christians could vote for him.

Perhaps tinydancer would like to speak to that?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Trump knows nothing about scouting and its values. I find it hard to note a single point of the Scout Law he has not proudly violated. But above that, no Scout event is a proper venue for a political speech. It's also illegal since the BSA is a 501(c)(3) organization. But when has Trump ever paid attention to legalities?

oldfart Excellent point about Scout Law. The irony is impossible to ignore.

For that same reason, I don't understand why evangelical Christians could vote for him.

Perhaps tinydancer would like to speak to that?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Trumps family values are disgraceful

Forum List

Back