Trump says to cancel order to new Airforce 1 for him.. Too much money.

You really have a difficult time understanding things like this, don't you?

B-52s were designed to fly missions all over the world and is a long range bomber. With training and mission requirements it logs up the air miles and it is now .about 70 years old and the government stills keeps it in the air because it is mission capable. AF1 is still mission capable.

I think you're having trouble understanding how much more use the two 747's get then some 70+ B-52's do. There aren't any any B-52 Airframes that old still in active service for starters, so stop saying that. Secondly it's not like the B-52 is constantly flying around the world, like most military Aircraft their based as close to any theater as they can be so where as Airforce One is constantly going back and forth between the united states and far flung nations...the B-52 is not.

All this is MOOT mind you, because you're a liar, the damned mechanics are quoted as saying both Aircraft take "Heroics" to keep in the air, that means they're falling apart. But I guess you know better then the men tasked with the keeping planes flying, that know more about Avionics then you or I ever will.

The friggin AF1 is a over built flying taxi to get a President from one place to another for governmental purposes.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what he's talking about. Airforce one has to fly the President around in as close to 100% safety as we can get, its got extensive countermeasures and safety features for a reason, no one can even ponder the idea of trying to shoot that plane down. It has to be a mobile Command Center in case of emergencies, you can't play with shit that serious and be caught flat footed, it could mean the end of the United States and I mean REALLY mean the end of the United States. None of this alarmist, Liberal or Conservative hate bullshit.

Obama has put more miles on the air frame than was necessary for legitimate government

Oh shut the hell up, Obama hasn't put anymore miles on the damned plane then any other President. God you're such an ass, Presidents have always gone to Campaign, Fundraise and vacation. If all you want to do is Bitch about Obama and call his family names like a damned Child, fine, but don't try to pretend like you can hold an intelligent conversation at the same time.

If we can keep our brave Air Force pilots flying the aging B-52s

Except we don't have B-52 Mechanics saying they're falling apart? A mission split between two Aircraft is going to be harder on those 2 then a mission split between 70 or more, and the expense of keeping all the extremely advanced equipment in AF-1 is more expensive regardless.
Dude...the NEWEST B-52 is TWICE the age oc Air Force One. Tbe last BUFF was built in 1962!

You really have a difficult time understanding things like this, don't you?

B-52s were designed to fly missions all over the world and is a long range bomber. With training and mission requirements it logs up the air miles and it is now .about 70 years old and the government stills keeps it in the air because it is mission capable. AF1 is still mission capable.

I think you're having trouble understanding how much more use the two 747's get then some 70+ B-52's do. There aren't any any B-52 Airframes that old still in active service for starters, so stop saying that. Secondly it's not like the B-52 is constantly flying around the world, like most military Aircraft their based as close to any theater as they can be so where as Airforce One is constantly going back and forth between the united states and far flung nations...the B-52 is not.

All this is MOOT mind you, because you're a liar, the damned mechanics are quoted as saying both Aircraft take "Heroics" to keep in the air, that means they're falling apart. But I guess you know better then the men tasked with the keeping planes flying, that know more about Avionics then you or I ever will.

The friggin AF1 is a over built flying taxi to get a President from one place to another for governmental purposes.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what he's talking about. Airforce one has to fly the President around in as close to 100% safety as we can get, its got extensive countermeasures and safety features for a reason, no one can even ponder the idea of trying to shoot that plane down. It has to be a mobile Command Center in case of emergencies, you can't play with shit that serious and be caught flat footed, it could mean the end of the United States and I mean REALLY mean the end of the United States. None of this alarmist, Liberal or Conservative hate bullshit.

Obama has put more miles on the air frame than was necessary for legitimate government

Oh shut the hell up, Obama hasn't put anymore miles on the damned plane then any other President. God you're such an ass, Presidents have always gone to Campaign, Fundraise and vacation. If all you want to do is Bitch about Obama and call his family names like a damned Child, fine, but don't try to pretend like you can hold an intelligent conversation at the same time.

If we can keep our brave Air Force pilots flying the aging B-52s

Except we don't have B-52 Mechanics saying they're falling apart? A mission split between two Aircraft is going to be harder on those 2 then a mission split between 70 or more, and the expense of keeping all the extremely advanced equipment in AF-1 is more expensive regardless.
Dude...the NEWEST B-52 is TWICE the age oc Air Force One. Tbe last BUFF was built in 1962!

One of the reasons is the way that they designed it. Parts and various electronics and such aren't packed in so tightly that you can't swap them out.
Basically, one of the main reasons is the design.

How on God’s Green Earth Is the B-52 Still in Service?

Forum List

Back