Trump plan would force asylum seekers to wait in Mexico

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Watch liberal heads explode over this one. If they are waiting in Mexico, that means the won't be wandering free in the United States when they don't show up for their hearing, which means 95% of them will never set foot in this country. Then Mexico can deal with them.

Central Americans who arrive at U.S. border crossings seeking asylum in the United States will have to wait in Mexico while their claims are processed under sweeping new measures the Trump administration is preparing to implement, according to internal planning documents and three Department of Homeland Security officials familiar with the initiative.

Sounds good to me, but I presume a judge will say that Trump cannot arbitrarily make this change and I presume there is virtually ZERO chance to get congress to pass a law before the open-borders Democrats take control in January.

Sounds good to me, but I presume a judge will say that Trump cannot arbitrarily make this change and I presume there is virtually ZERO chance to get congress to pass a law before the open-borders Democrats take control in January.
I think he can make the change. The process for granting asylum is covered by ICE policy, not by any law.

I think he can make the change. The process for granting asylum is covered by ICE policy, not by any law.
actually, it is covered by law written by congress, signed by a president, and Pres Trump CAN NOT change the law...

he's not following his OATH of office

actually, it is covered by law written by congress, signed by a president, and Pres Trump CAN NOT change the law...

I take it you don't have a citation.

How so..............challenging the interpretation of the Constitution is somehow Unconstitutional.............just because one judge from the 9th says so............hmmmm

The issue is the process of Asylum.......which one side says can be used at any time.........so if an illegal is caught here ILLEGALLY.....they can claim Asylum after being caught and then stay here for court processing......since the back log of cases is at about a million now.........they cost a lot to keep detained.......but then alas pro immigration groups sue the courts saying they are being held too long and must be released until the court date...........then they don't show up for court because only about 20,000 a year are granted Asylum a year here.

Now the current refugees are frustrated..........they want to claim asylum and the doors are shut.........because before they had Catch and Release.....so now they are stuck waiting to get a hearing which will be disapproved anyways at about 90 a day in Tijuana.......and since more manpower is at the border they are having trouble sneaking around it.............tsk ......tsk...........

So now Mexico is mad because they are stacking up on their side costing them money to try and feed them.......

Hell in a hand basket.

Let me ask you a question. Why are liberals so enamored with the concept of flooding the nation with millions of foreign migrants, who don't have a pot to piss in, little education and can't speak English? And let's be honest, 99.99% of the people coming to our southern border are economic opportunists. If you look at the people in that caravan, you won't see anyone that looks like they're starving. So El Salvador is a violent place? So what? So is south Chicago. I ask again, why do you want to flood our nation with unlimited numbers of such people?

How so..............challenging the interpretation of the Constitution is somehow Unconstitutional.............just because one judge from the 9th says so............hmmmm

The issue is the process of Asylum.......which one side says can be used at any time.........so if an illegal is caught here ILLEGALLY.....
it's written in the law on asylum seekers, no matter where they cross, they can seek asylum.... if the president doesn't like the law, then get his lackeys in congress to change the law.... not by him BREAKING the law....

The issue is the process of Asylum.......which one side says can be used at any time.........so if an illegal is caught here ILLEGALLY.....
it's written in the law on asylum seekers, no matter where they cross, they can seek asylum.... if the president doesn't like the law, then get his lackeys in congress to change the law.... not by him BREAKING the law....
And I've seen the law interpreted that way........If they are illegally crossing they can be processed for breaking the law, which can mean they are in a deportation situation which means they can't request Asylum.......so they yell Asylum when caught to force a legal battle.

Which is an argument that will go to the Supreme Court for clarification...........which is exactly why this is being done.

Why do you want the loop hole to be legal..........hmmm.........there are 200 million more wanting to come here........you want to encourage them again. hmmm

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

(a)Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.

Let me ask you a question. Why are liberals so enamored with the concept of flooding the nation with millions of foreign migrants, who don't have a pot to piss in, little education and can't speak English? And let's be honest, 99.99% of the people coming to our southern border are economic opportunists. If you look at the people in that caravan, you won't see anyone that looks like they're starving. So El Salvador is a violent place? So what? So is south Chicago. I ask again, why do you want to flood our nation with unlimited numbers of such people?
no one is enamored with it, but the law, is the law... and President Trump can't just change the law, at his own will....

THAT is lawlessness.... that is what despots do,,,, that is what dictators do.... that's what mob bosses do...

he really needs to stop his bull crud of breaking the law all the time, and take his huge job, seriously

Illegal Reentry into the U.S. After Removal: Crime and Punishment - FindLaw

After an alien has been legally "removed" from the United States, federal criminal law makes it a felony for that alien to reenter (or be found in) the country without approval of the government. While immigration has always a hot-button issue in this country, the concept of a person coming back into the U.S after already being removed causes even more controversy. And it isn't just the common folk who have been subject to removal. Remember John Lennon and Yoko Ono? The famous musical couple were served deportation orders in 1972 as a result of marijuana charges against Lennon in London in 1968. Even comedian Charlie Chaplin was once denied entry into the U.S. after satirizing anti-communist fears in the United States during the Cold War.

And I've seen the law interpreted that way........If they are illegally crossing they can be processed for breaking the law, which can mean they are in a deportation situation which means they can't request Asylum.......so they yell Asylum when caught to force a legal battle.

Which is an argument that will go to the Supreme Court for clarification...........which is exactly why this is being done.

Why do you want the loop hole to be legal..........hmmm.........there are 200 million more wanting to come here........you want to encourage them again. hmmm
nope, that is NOT the way it has been interpreted, ever..... only by Trump.

no one is enamored with it, but the law, is the law... THAT is lawlessness.... that is what despots do,,,, that is what dictators do.... that's what mob bosses do...

You folks didn't give a fig about the law when Hillary was caught transmitting innumerable classified documents through her private server. She skated, and now you're preaching that "the law is the law"? LOL. You folks are all about "the rule of law" when it suits your narrative but, when it doesn't, you give a big "Fuck you!" to your fellow Americans. Your open-border policies have done enormous damage to average Americans. Congratulations.

So then......you shouldn't have a problem with clarification at the Supreme Court then.

They are using this loop hole to stay here. They used Catch and Release to do the same. They just don't show up for court because they know they will lose anyway. Can't hold them indefinitely either waiting on a court date...........Miss court then the next time they are caught.......if caught they become Felons.....which means they are deported immediately from that day forward. Can't apply for Asylum anymore..........

They send unaccompanied children across because without adult care HHS has to take them in, or a family member has to take them. Then they disappear......before the court hearing and no one knows where they are anymore.

All BS.........all loop holes........no border really at all. We could fix it but the politicians don't want to fix it...........take the loop holes out.......because they are in bed with the Chamber of Commerce who wants no borders and cheap labor.

Complete and total BS.

So if ISIS wants to send 100 or so suicide bombers to America, they can just show up at the border and they MUST be allowed to enter while their asylum request (wink, wink) is in process, right?

So then......you shouldn't have a problem with clarification at the Supreme Court then.

They are using this loop hole to stay here. They used Catch and Release to do the same. They just don't show up for court because they know they will lose anyway. Can't hold them indefinitely either waiting on a court date...........Miss court then the next time they are caught.......if caught they become Felons.....which means they are deported immediately from that day forward. Can't apply for Asylum anymore..........

They send unaccompanied children across because without adult care HHS has to take them in, or a family member has to take them. Then they disappear......before the court hearing and no one knows where they are anymore.

All BS.........all loop holes........no border really at all. We could fix it but the politicians don't want to fix it...........take the loop holes out.......because they are in bed with the Chamber of Commerce who wants no borders and cheap labor.

Complete and total BS.

She doesn't care about any of that. She wants open borders, unlimited immigration and she expects struggling Americans to subsidize their existence here by paying for their housing, medical care, food, education, attorneys, etc., etc., etc.

Immigration and Naturalization Service v. Elias-Zacarias - Wikipedia

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the INS. He was caught here illegally and scheduled for deportation.........fight all the way to the Supreme Court.....

Got a visa before deportation...................

I again repeat......only about 20,000 a year get approved..........This isn't about the RULE OF LAW.......this is about LOOP HOLES in the law. So they can get in and then just blend in because the odds of granted Asylum are so small.

Forum List

Back