Trump On His Plan To Ban Muslims: 'Not Politically Correct, But I Don't Care'

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Maybe you don't Mr. Trump...and maybe your sycophants don't, but there are plenty of people who do care and they vote.

Trump On His Plan To Ban Muslims: 'Not Politically Correct, But I Don't Care'don-t-care

"I wrote something today that I think is very very salient, very important, and probably not politically correct, but I don't care," Trump said at a rally on an aircraft carrier turned museum in South Carolina.

The statement earned him a standing ovation at an event in which two protesters were led out. Trump called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

Others all-out rejected Trump's proposal.

Ted Cruz, who is competing with Trump for both the Tea Party and the evangelical vote spoke to NBC News. "No, that is not my policy," he said. "I believe the focus should be on radical Islamic terrorism."

Jeb Bush called Trump "unhinged."

Marco Rubio said Trump's plan was outlandish and offensive.

Chris Christie said Trump has no idea what he's talking about.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney was asked about it during an appearance on the Hugh Hewitt Radio program.

"Well, I think this whole nation that we can say, 'No more Muslims,' that we can just ban a whole religion goes against everything we stand for and believe in," he said.

Arab-American civil rights groups, meanwhile, reacted with alarm. Nihad Awad of the Council on American Islamic Relations said Trump sounded like the leader of a lynch mob.

"If such hatred and bigotry is not outright rejected by the GOP, then it will be part of it's legacy for many years to come," Awad said.

Republican Party chairs in two key early primary states, South Carolina and New Hampshire, did outright reject it.

But a co-chairman of Trump's state veterans coalition in New Hampshire defended Trump's statement, arguing that it's the same policy used against Japanese Americans during World War II.

"What he's saying is no different than the situation during World War II, when we put the Japanese in camps," state Rep. Al Baldasaro said, per WMUR's John DiStaso. "The people who attacked innocent people in Paris came through open borders. From a military mind standpoint, all Donald Trump is saying is to do what needs to be done until we get a handle on how to do background checks."

Baldasaro also called on Jennifer Horn, the state party Charwoman to step down for calling Trump's plan "un-American."

"She needs to resign because she has no clue," Baldasaro said. "She's my friend, but I have to separate that from the Republican Party."

As divisive as this policy is, Trump did something else last night — something he always does at his rallies, portray himself as the man to unify the county.

"Wouldn't it be good for all of us to really get together and make our country great again?" Trump asked, invoking his slogan. "Isn't that what we really want to do?"

So we have a Representative who actually seems to be entertaining the idea of internment camps and calls on the state party chairman to step down because she called Trump's plan unAmerican?

And people actually defend Trump on this....surreal.

Maybe this imagery isn't so far off:

screen_shot_2015-12-07_at_10.01.36_pm.png

He is talking about temporarily halting muslim immigration and the left promotes FEAR TACTICS and bringing up Hitler and internment camps blah blah blah
Weird, ey?

Maybe you don't Mr. Trump...and maybe your sycophants don't, but there are plenty of people who do care and they vote.

Trump On His Plan To Ban Muslims: 'Not Politically Correct, But I Don't Care'don-t-care

"I wrote something today that I think is very very salient, very important, and probably not politically correct, but I don't care," Trump said at a rally on an aircraft carrier turned museum in South Carolina.

The statement earned him a standing ovation at an event in which two protesters were led out. Trump called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

Ted Cruz, who is competing with Trump for both the Tea Party and the evangelical vote spoke to NBC News. "No, that is not my policy," he said. "I believe the focus should be on radical Islamic terrorism."

Former Vice President Dick Cheney was asked about it during an appearance on the Hugh Hewitt Radio program.

"Well, I think this whole nation that we can say, 'No more Muslims,' that we can just ban a whole religion goes against everything we stand for and believe in," he said.

Arab-American civil rights groups, meanwhile, reacted with alarm. Nihad Awad of the Council on American Islamic Relations said Trump sounded like the leader of a lynch mob.

"If such hatred and bigotry is not outright rejected by the GOP, then it will be part of it's legacy for many years to come," Awad said.

Republican Party chairs in two key early primary states, South Carolina and New Hampshire, did outright reject it.

But a co-chairman of Trump's state veterans coalition in New Hampshire defended Trump's statement, arguing that it's the same policy used against Japanese Americans during World War II.

"What he's saying is no different than the situation during World War II, when we put the Japanese in camps," state Rep. Al Baldasaro said, per WMUR's John DiStaso. "The people who attacked innocent people in Paris came through open borders. From a military mind standpoint, all Donald Trump is saying is to do what needs to be done until we get a handle on how to do background checks."

Baldasaro also called on Jennifer Horn, the state party Charwoman to step down for calling Trump's plan "un-American."

"She needs to resign because she has no clue," Baldasaro said. "She's my friend, but I have to separate that from the Republican Party."

As divisive as this policy is, Trump did something else last night — something he always does at his rallies, portray himself as the man to unify the county.

"Wouldn't it be good for all of us to really get together and make our country great again?" Trump asked, invoking his slogan. "Isn't that what we really want to do?"

So we have a Representative who actually seems to be entertaining the idea of internment camps and calls on the state party chairman to step down because she called Trump's plan unAmerican?

The definition of 'political correctness' is getting rather loose among conservatives.

This is the reason I walked away from the Republican Party years ago. I saw what it was turning into

Well Trumps got a point.

Stop letting Muslims into our country until they figure out what they are dealing with.

Sounds reasonable to me.

The rest of candidates are good at mouthing PC bullshit.

And by 'PC bullshit', you mean some semblance of consistency with our national values?

Well Trumps got a point.

Stop letting Muslims into our country until they figure out what they are dealing with.

Sounds reasonable to me.

And by 'PC bullshit', you mean some semblance of consistency with our national values?
like acting within our interests?

the truth of the matter is that there is only one Islam.....

Well Trumps got a point.

Sounds reasonable to me.

According to the left we are a bunch of slave traders and racist. Do you want to be consistent with that?

Well Trumps got a point.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I don't necessarily agree with what he said but it so freeing that a canidate dares to say whatever he wants. I'm voting trump because of that.

I'm a Cruz fan, so of course I though his response was the only reasonable one.

We have excluded people from immigrating in the past, and I see a reasonable arguement regarding certain muzbots. Particularly those from ME countries. Mooselimbs from SE asia aren't usually involved with much terrorism, so I would think an exception could be made for them, but ME carpet pilots are too questionable. They're also not assimilating as well. So I have no problem with Trump's idea, and so far I think a lot more people agree with me than don't.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see when next weeks polls are conducted.

Well Trumps got a point.

Sounds reasonable to me.

According to the left we are a bunch of slave traders and racist. Do you want to be consistent with that?

Where has 'the left' said that we are slave traders? And the folks I'm quoting on Trump's plan being inconsistent with our values is every other major GOP candidate.

Are they 'the left' too?

Well Trumps got a point.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I saw another thread somewhere calling for a temporary hault to the immigration of white males. Statistics show that the vast majority of mass shootings are perpetrated by white Christian males. The dude's got a point. Of course everyone is too PC to come right out and say that :)

Well Trumps got a point.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I saw another thread somewhere calling for a temporary hault to the immigration of white males. Statistics show that the vast majority of mass shootings are perpetrated by white Christian males. The dude's got a point. Of course everyone is too PC to come right out and say that :)

Stop your god damn lying

the truth of the matter is that there is only one Islam.....

Sorry dude. Someone lied to you.

Well Trumps got a point.

Sounds reasonable to me.

They are citizens.... Why import more problems?

Well Trumps got a point.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Well values don't do you much good when someone is trying to kill you.

Forum List

Back