Trump is a walking advertisement for everything we don’t want our children to be

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
The New York Times recently ran a peculiarly pathetic article about yet another victim of the Trump administration that you probably never thought to worry about: the children’s publishing industry. The problem, as the article’s author, Katherine Rosman, repeatedly implies but cannot come out and say, is that Donald Trump is pretty much a walking advertisement for everything we don’t want our children to be. And yet he’s the president. Children are supposed to respect the president. What to do?

Take, for instance the problem of racism. How to explain the fact that not only is Trump a racist, but that racism is a fundamental reason his supporters like him so much? The updated edition of Time Inc.’s Presidents of the United States series explains: “He made controversial remarks about several groups of people, including Latinos, Muslims, African-Americans and women,” and “This led many, including some Republican officials, to back away from him.” Even so, it notes, “Trump continued to receive wide support and thousands of people attended his rallies.”

Like so many journalists who write for grown-ups, the word “controversial” is expected to carry a great deal of freight here. In the above it could mean “racist” or “sexist” or “ignorant” or “violence-promoting” or “rape-friendly.” No less ambiguous are the words applied to Hillary Clinton’s shortcomings. From the Times story:

A True Book: President Donald Trump, released by Scholastic, tells of Mr. Trump’s real estate career, and of public perceptions of his Democratic opponent, Mrs. Clinton. “Clinton was a strong choice for president,” read one paragraph, which concluded, “However, many people did not like Clinton. They felt she was not trustworthy and would not bring enough changes to the government.”
Again, this is a lot like contemporary journalism for presumed adults. The “feeling” that Hillary Clinton was not trustworthy underlaid a significant percentage of the coverage she received. That’s how we came to the ludicrous place where more attention on the network nightly news was focused on Clinton’s use of her email system than was on literally every single other issue combined during the coverage leading from both parties’ conventions to the election itself.

Rest here: Trump for Young Readers - BillMoyers.com
--------------------------

Thought provoking piece. I remember as a kid I really looked up to president Reagan. He was a stand up guy who wasn't a racist, bigot or misogynist degenerate piece of shit like Trump, and so my perception of the president was very positive. There was a certain "awe" that I can remember having when we would discuss the president in class. I can't imagine what Trump being president must be doing to kids' heads. It must be warping their minds in ways we won't even know about for years.

The New York Times recently ran a peculiarly pathetic article about yet another victim of the Trump administration that you probably never thought to worry about: the children’s publishing industry. The problem, as the article’s author, Katherine Rosman, repeatedly implies but cannot come out and say, is that Donald Trump is pretty much a walking advertisement for everything we don’t want our children to be. And yet he’s the president. Children are supposed to respect the president. What to do?

Take, for instance the problem of racism. How to explain the fact that not only is Trump a racist, but that racism is a fundamental reason his supporters like him so much? The updated edition of Time Inc.’s Presidents of the United States series explains: “He made controversial remarks about several groups of people, including Latinos, Muslims, African-Americans and women,” and “This led many, including some Republican officials, to back away from him.” Even so, it notes, “Trump continued to receive wide support and thousands of people attended his rallies.”

Like so many journalists who write for grown-ups, the word “controversial” is expected to carry a great deal of freight here. In the above it could mean “racist” or “sexist” or “ignorant” or “violence-promoting” or “rape-friendly.” No less ambiguous are the words applied to Hillary Clinton’s shortcomings. From the Times story:

A True Book: President Donald Trump, released by Scholastic, tells of Mr. Trump’s real estate career, and of public perceptions of his Democratic opponent, Mrs. Clinton. “Clinton was a strong choice for president,” read one paragraph, which concluded, “However, many people did not like Clinton. They felt she was not trustworthy and would not bring enough changes to the government.”
Again, this is a lot like contemporary journalism for presumed adults. The “feeling” that Hillary Clinton was not trustworthy underlaid a significant percentage of the coverage she received. That’s how we came to the ludicrous place where more attention on the network nightly news was focused on Clinton’s use of her email system than was on literally every single other issue combined during the coverage leading from both parties’ conventions to the election itself.

Thought provoking piece. I remember as a kid I really looked up to president Reagan. He was a stand up guy who wasn't a racist, bigot or misogynist degenerate piece of shit like Trump, and so my perception of the president was very positive. There was a certain "awe" that I can remember having when we would discuss the president in class. I can't imagine what Trump being president must be doing to kids' heads. It must be warping their minds in ways we won't even know about for years.
Moyers is a disgusting, self loathing little cuck who literally thought the same things about Reagan.

He has destroyed more lives with his PBS show than Trump could ever imagine.

Moyers is a disgusting, self loathing little cuck who literally thought the same things about Reagan.

Ah! An expert on Bill Moyers ,who you probably never heard of 2 minutes ago

sure and most politicians usually are who we want our children to emulate.

more like they project a completely false image that they know suckers want to see.

look at that senator smile and kiss that baby, Johnny, there's how you pretend to be a good person by projecting an utterly false image while really being a black hearted bastard that would sell your own mother if it helped you.

egads

You are projecting your own ignorance.

I know all about the media in this country...and then some.

sure and most politicians usually are who we want our children to emulate.

more like they project a completely false image that they know suckers want to see.

look at that senator smile and kiss that baby, Johnny, there's how you pretend to be a good person by projecting an utterly false image while really being a black hearted bastard that would sell your own mother if it helped you.

egads
There are some very good and talented politicians out there, but its easier for you to look to the worst and lump them all together

You are projecting your own ignorance.

I know all about the media in this country...and then some.
Tell us all about Bill Moyers right now!

"Destroyed lives with a PBS show" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up. PTBW is on another level of retard

Did a YouTube video cause the Benghazi embassy to burn, or not?

Looks like you don't know shit about Bill Moyers or the media. Like I said cuntquat you never heard of the man, but 1 minute later you are an expert

I'd love for one of my kids, or grandkids work his way up to be a multi billionaire, or even a multi millionaire

Looks like you don't know shit about Bill Moyers or the media. Like I said cuntquat you never heard of the man, but 1 minute later you are an expert
You idiots had never heard of Shep Smith until this year, but I have indeed known about Moyers for quite some time.

Half of you inbreds don't even understand that threatening the president's life is literally illegal.

I'd love for one of my kids, or grandkids work his way up to be a multi billionaire, or even a multi millionaire
How does a skank like you have kids?
Why?

trying to overcome your own problems?

Good news for you tho, half of them are democrats.
does anyone believe anything you post sweetie? Its all bullshit regardless of the ID you use

On this board, this is the only ID I use.

you sound guilty...

how many IDs do you use?

Bill Moyer's was a cuck for LBJ as his press secretary. He helped promote to America LBJs great society bill and the 1965 Immigration Act. Both of those legislations began the decline of a moral American society and we are paying the price from it today. Moyer's was no good then as he's no good now.

Forum List

Back