“ Small town locals fight for the right to play poker” - should Poker rooms be allowed to be legalized throughout the country?

Should Poker rooms be allowed to be opened throughout the USA?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can you accept that gambling often does something to other people by placing the resultant burden on OPM?

If that is the standard, then again we are back to just about everything doing that. We should outlaw being overweight as that very often effects other people by placing the resultant burden on OPM. While we are at it we could outlaw fatty foods, sugar and all the things that cause people to be fat.

After that we can outlaw low paying jobs which make people rely on OPM to survive.

You down with those two?
That doesn't indicate that you're interested in learning anything out of what I've said.

So, me asking for more information and clarification does not indicate that i am interested in learning anything out of what you've said? Really? I would say it indicates that I am, which is why I asked.

Iran for an extreme on alcohol use.
Canada for a moderated and sensible approach.

I have lived in Iran so I know there approach, what is Canada's approach and how does it differ from that of the US?

My emphasis is on looking at abuse and then examining whether or not society can do better.

Society can always do better, the only question is how much freedom and liberty are you willing to give away for that "better society"?

Outlawing something or anything requires discretion.

Why?

Give examples of what? See what I mean with your criticism of chopping up questions and answers now?
Be specific on what you're asking for as 'some' examples.

Of some Govts succeeding at discouraging the use of alcohol, through offering socially responsible advice.

If that is the standard, then again we are back to just about everything doing that. We should outlaw being overweight as that very often effects other people by placing the resultant burden on OPM. While we are at it we could outlaw fatty foods, sugar and all the things that cause people to be fat.

After that we can outlaw low paying jobs which make people rely on OPM to survive.

You down with those two?
Everything isn't American. There's a difference between encouraging and outlawing. The former is the point.
So, me asking for more information and clarification does not indicate that i am interested in learning anything out of what you've said? Really? I would say it indicates that I am, which is why I asked.
o.k.
I have lived in Iran so I know there approach, what is Canada's approach and how does it differ from that of the US?
I doubt you've lived in Iran.
Canada's approach is in encouraging suitable and appropriate behaviour that saves having bad outcomes.
Society can always do better, the only question is how much freedom and liberty are you willing to give away for that "better society"?
America is most often in disagreement with the rest of the modern world.
Why what? You're doing it again.
Of some Govts succeeding at discouraging the use of alcohol, through offering socially responsible advice.
Makes no sense unless you are trying to ask a question.

Discouraging alcohol use avoids bad outcomes and saves paying higher taxes with OPM.

Everything isn't American. There's a difference between encouraging and outlawing. The former is the point.

Yes, there are. But you cannot give a single example of how a Govt encourages people not to drink booze.

I doubt you've lived in Iran.

Why? I grew up there, from the 3rd grade till the end of the 7th grade. My dad worked for Halliburton and was working there helping Iran pump out their oil. We left about 6 months before the Shah did.

Canada's approach is in encouraging suitable and appropriate behaviour that saves having bad outcomes.

Can you give some specific examples to how Canada encourages the responsible use of booze?

Why what? You're doing it again.

Why can you not follow a simple post....

1716235043547.png

Makes no sense unless you are trying to ask a question.

I have asked 3 times now.... What Govts have succeeding at discouraging the use of alcohol, through offering socially responsible advice?

Forum List

Back