Trump is a walking advertisement for everything we don’t want our children to be

upload_2017-4-12_15-13-55.jpeg
This

upload_2017-4-12_15-15-2.jpeg
Or this

Liberals also blame everyone but themselves for their plight in life. It's the rich, it's the greedy, it's big business, it's big oil, it's big phama, it's the Russians. Everyone is out to screw them and take their money from them. Everyone wants to poison them and the earth. From my dealings with libs they are the cheapest people around and almost impossible to work for.

No one here gives a shit about your "experience" flipping burgers.

Liberals also blame everyone but themselves for their plight in life. It's the rich, it's the greedy, it's big business, it's big oil, it's big phama, it's the Russians. Everyone is out to screw them and take their money from them. Everyone wants to poison them and the earth. From my dealings with libs they are the cheapest people around and almost impossible to work for.

No one here gives a shit about your "experience" flipping burgers.
He's right.
Don't let the facts upset you. :itsok:

The New York Times recently ran a peculiarly pathetic article about yet another victim of the Trump administration that you probably never thought to worry about: the children’s publishing industry. The problem, as the article’s author, Katherine Rosman, repeatedly implies but cannot come out and say, is that Donald Trump is pretty much a walking advertisement for everything we don’t want our children to be. And yet he’s the president. Children are supposed to respect the president. What to do?

Take, for instance the problem of racism. How to explain the fact that not only is Trump a racist, but that racism is a fundamental reason his supporters like him so much? The updated edition of Time Inc.’s Presidents of the United States series explains: “He made controversial remarks about several groups of people, including Latinos, Muslims, African-Americans and women,” and “This led many, including some Republican officials, to back away from him.” Even so, it notes, “Trump continued to receive wide support and thousands of people attended his rallies.”

Like so many journalists who write for grown-ups, the word “controversial” is expected to carry a great deal of freight here. In the above it could mean “racist” or “sexist” or “ignorant” or “violence-promoting” or “rape-friendly.” No less ambiguous are the words applied to Hillary Clinton’s shortcomings. From the Times story:

A True Book: President Donald Trump, released by Scholastic, tells of Mr. Trump’s real estate career, and of public perceptions of his Democratic opponent, Mrs. Clinton. “Clinton was a strong choice for president,” read one paragraph, which concluded, “However, many people did not like Clinton. They felt she was not trustworthy and would not bring enough changes to the government.”
Again, this is a lot like contemporary journalism for presumed adults. The “feeling” that Hillary Clinton was not trustworthy underlaid a significant percentage of the coverage she received. That’s how we came to the ludicrous place where more attention on the network nightly news was focused on Clinton’s use of her email system than was on literally every single other issue combined during the coverage leading from both parties’ conventions to the election itself.

Rest here: Trump for Young Readers - BillMoyers.com
--------------------------

Thought provoking piece. I remember as a kid I really looked up to president Reagan. He was a stand up guy who wasn't a racist, bigot or misogynist degenerate piece of shit like Trump, and so my perception of the president was very positive. There was a certain "awe" that I can remember having when we would discuss the president in class. I can't imagine what Trump being president must be doing to kids' heads. It must be warping their minds in ways we won't even know about for years.

Reagan was a corrupt criminal.

Be that as it may, Moyers is the very essense of integrity and honesty in journalism.

I remember when the US valued honesty. Or at least they said they did.

Trumpkins know he lies to them every day and now they're lying for him. But they also love Pooting the nasty dictator.

Shows how far down the right has gone.

Trump is a walking advertisement for everything we don’t want our children to be

The New York Times
recently ran a peculiarly pathetic article about yet another victim of the Trump administration that you probably never thought to worry about: the children’s publishing industry. The problem, as the article’s author, Katherine Rosman, repeatedly implies but cannot come out and say, is that Donald Trump is pretty much a walking advertisement for everything we don’t want our children to be. And yet he’s the president. Children are supposed to respect the president. What to do?

Take, for instance the problem of racism. How to explain the fact that not only is Trump a racist, but that racism is a fundamental reason his supporters like him so much? The updated edition of Time Inc.’s Presidents of the United States series explains: “He made controversial remarks about several groups of people, including Latinos, Muslims, African-Americans and women,” and “This led many, including some Republican officials, to back away from him.” Even so, it notes, “Trump continued to receive wide support and thousands of people attended his rallies.”

Like so many journalists who write for grown-ups, the word “controversial” is expected to carry a great deal of freight here. In the above it could mean “racist” or “sexist” or “ignorant” or “violence-promoting” or “rape-friendly.” No less ambiguous are the words applied to Hillary Clinton’s shortcomings. From the Times story:

A True Book: President Donald Trump, released by Scholastic, tells of Mr. Trump’s real estate career, and of public perceptions of his Democratic opponent, Mrs. Clinton. “Clinton was a strong choice for president,” read one paragraph, which concluded, “However, many people did not like Clinton. They felt she was not trustworthy and would not bring enough changes to the government.”
Again, this is a lot like contemporary journalism for presumed adults. The “feeling” that Hillary Clinton was not trustworthy underlaid a significant percentage of the coverage she received. That’s how we came to the ludicrous place where more attention on the network nightly news was focused on Clinton’s use of her email system than was on literally every single other issue combined during the coverage leading from both parties’ conventions to the election itself.

Rest here: Trump for Young Readers - BillMoyers.com
--------------------------

Thought provoking piece. I remember as a kid I really looked up to president Reagan. He was a stand up guy who wasn't a racist, bigot or misogynist degenerate piece of shit like Trump, and so my perception of the president was very positive. There was a certain "awe" that I can remember having when we would discuss the president in class. I can't imagine what Trump being president must be doing to kids' heads. It must be warping their minds in ways we won't even know about for years.
Agreed, but doesn't that also apply to Bill and Hillary Clinton?....or is it okay with you that your daughter or wife do not consider blow jobs to be sex?

In america it all comes down to the rich vs the poor.....the two cannot be united nor come together....facts.
Not just America, all of history: The successful vs. the failures.

If Karl Marx had succeeded as a businessman, would we know his name?

Library of Congress Aesop Fables
The Ants & the Grasshopper

One bright day in late autumn a family of Ants were bustling about in the warm sunshine, drying out the grain they had stored up during the summer, when a starving Grasshopper, his fiddle under his arm, came up and humbly begged for a bite to eat.

"What!" cried the Ants in surprise, "haven't you stored anything away for the winter? What in the world were you doing all last summer?"

"I didn't have time to store up any food," whined the Grasshopper; "I was so busy making music that before I knew it the summer was gone."

The Ants shrugged their shoulders in disgust.

"Making music, were you?" they cried. "Very well; now dance!" And they turned their backs on the Grasshopper and went on with their work.

There's a time for work and a time for play.

In america it all comes down to the rich vs the poor.....the two cannot be united nor come together....facts
The two are united everyday, they work together they play together. Welcome to 2017..... the 60's called and they want their talking points back.

By the way....Trumps approval number is back up to 48%. I know it's hard to find on the news but it's a fact.

Forum List

Back