Trump has not built any new fence - sorry, but I told you

Trump runs the Justice Dept. Absolutely nothing is stopping him from going after the businesses hiring illegals.
What is stopping Trump from living up to his promise to make Mexico write a check for the wall?

Well, we can debate Trump's shortcomings or alleged shortcomings on his efforts to enforce immigration laws, the wall, etc. But why are you so critical of Trump but are more than happy to give the Democrats a pass? The nation is loaded with sanctuary cities that actively protect violent, criminal illegals from deportation.

You are making assumptions you can't back. I am not a Democrat.

As an aside, immigration is strictly a federal issues. States can do very little. The courts have ruled on this over and over. It's why Arpaio was found guilty.

As an aside, immigration is strictly a federal issues. States can do very little. The courts have ruled on this over and over. It's why Arpaio was found guilty.

I didn't say that you're a Democrat, but I've noted that your criticism flows in one direction.

If the Democrats were cooperative, we'd have a wall by now, local law enforcement agencies could inform ICE when an illegal was about to be released and we could deport many more illegals. I could go on and on, but I get the impression that I'm talking to a shill.

I didn't say that you're a Democrat, but I've noted that your criticism flows in one direction.

No you haven't. This thread is about Trump and the wall. That is what I am discussing.

If the Democrats were cooperative, we'd have a wall by now, local law enforcement agencies could inform ICE when an illegal was about to be released and we could deport many more illegals. I could go on and on, but I get the impression that I'm talking to a shill.

What good is it to tell the authorities when someone will be released? There is nowhere near the number of people needed to pick them all up and then what? The feds have nowhere to hold them and then they are simply dropped across the border to simply return to their waiting job.

No, a wall is not going to stop them. Did Obama completely fail to do anything about the felony of hiring illegals also? Indeed he did.

No you haven't. This thread is about Trump and the wall.

The wall could be free and the Democrats would oppose it. We don't have a wall because the Democrats won't approve funding to build it. End of story on the wall. Their opposition to the wall is synonymous with their opposition to enforcing immigration laws and deporting illegals.

It's impossible to "bleed the supply". Impossible.
I agree that it is impossible to stop the supply.

It is VERY possible to reduce the supply enough to get employers who would otherwise just let illegal employment fall in their laps to start actively seeking it, thereby exposing themselves and removing all plausible deniability.

We don't have to stop it completely. We just need to make it where those who want to employ illegals must be proactive.

That will require a lot more security at the southern tip of Texas.

I know you have trouble with the internet but if you click on this link, you'll find a different opinion from some of your fellow Texans. I read this awhile back. These employer postings got me thinking about it again.

After ICE Raid, A Shortage Of Welders In Tigertown, Texas
What complete bullshit.

They don't want to pay a decent wage to LEGAL, AMERICAN welders, so they bitch about an alleged "shortage" and cry, piss, moan.

But, your solution is YOU WANT MORE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND EMPLOYMENT OF ILLEGALS.

Exactly what I thought.

Or....he's saying the problem is more complex than simply "build a wall".

No you haven't. This thread is about Trump and the wall.

The wall could be free and the Democrats would oppose it. We don't have a wall because the Democrats won't approve funding to build it. End of story on the wall. Their opposition to the wall is synonymous with their opposition to enforcing immigration laws and deporting illegals.

The wall will do next to nothing as long as business is hiring. A large section of our border can't even be covered by a wall. You are wanting to put a fence along the back of your yard and expect no one to get in.

"The wall" is just an excuse for doing nothing. As I said there is absolutely nothing stopping Trump from going after employers. He will not.

Progs are somethin' aint they?

A. Trump wants wall.
B. Progs fight against it for political posture.
C. OP declares Trump only says he wants a wall, which is for political posture.

Whom has ever said progs are intellectually honest or apply critical application? What they do is twist and project.

Trump 2020.

Critical application?

Donald Trump says Paul Ryan "went lame duck" on border wall deal

You prove my point how progs twist and project. It's there in black & white. How many Democrats support the wall, zero?
And not enough Republican support either.

It's a loser and always has been.

It's a given that there's more to it than building a wall. The fact is, there isn't enough support in Congress to enforce the border or immigration laws.

It's a given that there's more to it than building a wall. The fact is, there isn't enough support in Congress to enforce the border or immigration laws.

Well, duh. That's why the wall was a stupid play.

Dems have been trying to get comprehensive immigration reform done for 20 years.

You are wanting to put a fence along the back of your yard and expect no one to get in.

A wall should be used in conjunction with other border-enforcement measures. A wall would impede their ability to quickly cross, which if staffed and equipped property, would give our border agents time to move in and apprehend the illegals.

Can you provide an egregious example of an employer who was caught hiring illegals and who ''got off''?

Dems have been trying to get comprehensive immigration reform done for 20 years.

Their/your definition of ''comprehensive immigration reform'' is open borders and unlimited immigration, regardless of how detrimental it is to poor and average Americans. It sounds like your loyalty is to the DNC rather than to Americans. Why is that?

When he argued that Mexico was going to pay for the wall people really should have known automatically that he was not a serious person.

The truth is that Trump could find a round-about-way to get Mexico to pay, but the Democrats would undoubtedly black that too. Why guys like you support unlimited, illegal immigration to the detriment of your fellow Americans is a mystery to me.

Poor Trump. How was he to know that there would be democrats around after he was elected, when he made all those promises? But, it is OK. trump is NEVER to be blamed for his failures.

You are wanting to put a fence along the back of your yard and expect no one to get in.

A wall should be used in conjunction with other border-enforcement measures. A wall would impede their ability to quickly cross, which if staffed and equipped property, would give our border agents time to move in and apprehend the illegals.

Can you provide an egregious example of an employer who was caught hiring illegals and who ''got off''?

Employers are hardly being addressed. When we do, the employers are not being charged.

Their/your definition of ''comprehensive immigration reform'' is open borders and unlimited immigration, regardless of how detrimental it is to poor and average Americans. It sounds like your loyalty is to the DNC rather than to Americans. Why is that?

Your definition is "white is right".

Employers are hardly being addressed. When we do, the employers are not being charged.

Can you provide an example of a business hiring illegals and who was caught but not charged with anything?

Not likely.

You're an extremist and a radical. I support immigration, obviously, but not UNLIMITED numbers of illegals swarming into the country by the MILLIONS, but you obviously do and when you can't make the argument as to why that's ''good'' policy, you play the race card. Weak sauce man.

Which is extremely aggravating, especially coming from a state that has the most exposed border.

Assholes from states in New England are allowed decide the fate of Texas via preemption and derelict.

Forum List

Back