Trump has not built any new fence - sorry, but I told you

The headline:

"Trump has not built a single mile of new border fence, agency confirms"

What the headline should be:

"Democrats prevent Trump from contructing any new border fence"

As an aside, immigration is strictly a federal issues. States can do very little. The courts have ruled on this over and over. It's why Arpaio was found guilty.
Which is extremely aggravating, especially coming from a state that has the most exposed border.

Assholes from states in New England are allowed decide the fate of Texas via preemption and derelict.

It's in the Constitution.

The headline:

Just curious.......are you willing to pay higher taxes to pay for it?

Employers are hardly being addressed. When we do, the employers are not being charged.

Can you provide an example of a business hiring illegals and who was caught but not charged with anything?

What's next for the arrested employees

ICE Raids Texas Technology Company, Arrests 280 Over Immigration Violations

Arrested employee's, not arrested employer.
That was right down the road from me.

ICE's Homeland Security Investigations division received tips that the company — CVE Technology Group — may have knowingly hired undocumented immigrants and that several workers were using fraudulent identification documents, said Katrina Berger, special agent in charge in HSI's Dallas office. Hiring irregularities found during an audit of the company's I-9 forms confirmed those tips. CVE hasn't responded to media requests for comment.
And, as you said....ZERO charges filed against CVE, as far as I can tell.

That is bullshit.

I will see what I can do about it (probably nothing).

Interesting:

Why an Allen business raided by ICE may avoid severe penalties | Immigration | Dallas News

But experts say large loopholes in federal immigration law often allow employers to avoid prosecution. The practice of using staffing companies as a barrier from responsibility helps keep companies from “knowingly” hiring unauthorized workers while still benefiting from their labor.
Just like I said.

They have so many other ways to avoid "knowingly" hiring illegals.

More blue-collar, hazardous industries are using temporary workers rather than hiring their own, a practice that allows employers to skirt responsibility on a number of regulations, said Laura Padin, senior staff attorney at the National Employment Law Project.

“It’s become this deeply entrenched practice,” Padin said. “These companies can essentially insert these staffing companies between themselves and their workers.”

The headline:

Just curious.......are you willing to pay higher taxes to pay for it?

I would.
However, before I would look to do that, I would be eliminating other federally funded expenditures.

The one I posted above does, sort of.

They can insulate themselves with "staffing" companies.

We MUST get some control of the supply in addition to the demand.

Thank you. I know a lot of illegals obtain fraudulent documents and many employers are more than happy to look the other way. I agree that laws should be changed and employers need to be prosecuted. But, again, would Democrats support it? I doubt it.

Why didn't you? You wanted me to provide a link but you didn't even bother to read it?

You do not hire 280 illegals and not know it if that is where you are going.

I did. Thanks for providing it.

Arrested employee's, not arrested employer.

Does the article state why the employer wasn't charged? Did you even read it?
The one I posted above does, sort of.

They can insulate themselves with "staffing" companies.

We MUST get some control of the supply in addition to the demand.

Not true. Wal Mart was fined millions because their contractor hired illegals. We have all sorts of excuses for business.

Wal-Mart Settles Illegal Immigrant Case for $11M

pknopp

I agree that we need to penalize employers that hire illegals. And I agree that Trump should be pushing for this but I don't believe that he has. So if my understanding is correct, then I condemn Trump for this failure.

Let's beat the fuck out of dirty employers. Make them pay. Make them serve jail time.

Can we just get this small amount of barrier? It's not much. Just a little?

NeedsAWall.gif

I mean, look how tempting and convenient that is:

SouthernBorderProx.gif

That's just a little bit. That's not even 1/10 of the entire southern border. Please?

The Postville Defendants:

Neither the owner, Aaron Rubashkin, nor his sons Sholom and Heshy, who were in charge of the management of Agriprocessors, were convicted of immigration or labor law violations, although both Aaron and son Sholom were initially charged with 9,311 counts of child labor law violation, for which they could have faced over 700 years in prison if found guilty.[3] All charges against Aaron were dropped right before the trial was scheduled to begin.

Wonder what the fuck happened there?

The Postville Defendants:

Neither the owner, Aaron Rubashkin, nor his sons Sholom and Heshy, who were in charge of the management of Agriprocessors, were convicted of immigration or labor law violations, although both Aaron and son Sholom were initially charged with 9,311 counts of child labor law violation, for which they could have faced over 700 years in prison if found guilty.[3] All charges against Aaron were dropped right before the trial was scheduled to begin.

Wonder what the fuck happened there?

Hardly anyone in this Iowa town spoke English, and nobody who lived there reported anything to the feds.

Forum List

Back