Trump Going Forward Part 2. Day By Day

There are some morons on this thread- morons who I will not lower myself to deal with directly- who keep bleating about "fake news" whenever something that they don't like or can't accept as true is posted. That is as stupid as stupid gets. You all need to educate yourself about what fake news actually is.

T Rex Tillerson denying climate change is not fake news

The Orange Ogre recalling ambassadors is not fake news

Sessions Praises Far-Right Firebrand David Horowitz is Not fake news.

If any of this is fake news- refute it!

You might want to take a look at this: Identifying Fake-News Articles and Websites

THIS is fake news: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/...pizzeria-is-not-a-child-trafficking-site.html

Learn the difference!

BTW, I think it's hilarious that you are afraid to respond to me directly.
Not afraid. You're just no worth it. Don't want to enable you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, you're afraid.

Yes I know, another Trump thread...but this one will hopefully be different. I want it to be a daily blow by blow accounting of exactly what he and his appointees actually do to, free of subjective content and opinion. YOU decide what is good and not so good.

Shortly after election night I wrote the following which I used to kick off another thread on this forum:

On the eve of the election, I was, like many others, aghast and dismayed at the election of Donald Trump. I could not fathom the election of this many who had railed against pretty much every minority group, and threatened to ignite a trade war in a misguided attempt to bring jobs back to our shores. He is a person who has a history of being a sexual predator, who’s temperament and knowledge base clearly disqualifies him from the presidency and who does not exude the intellectual depth or level of curiosity to learn and grow into the job .

However, after taking a deep breath and listening to Secretary Clinton’s gracious concession speech and President Obamas call for acceptance of the decision and national unity and healing, I decided to take a step back and say that, rather dwell on his past words and deeds, I would judge him by what he says and does going forward. I said that I would chalk much of it up to campaign rhetoric and bluster intended to rally his base, and reminded myself that he has a history of holding some liberal and progressive views that may reemerge later.
That rapprochement lasted less than a week. In his first few days as president elect, he has done the following: Trump Since The Election-What We Have Learned (Not Good)

Since then, we have seen that most of his nominees for cabinet positions have been controversial at best if not horrendous. They represent the very worst of special interests and seem to be hand picked to do the bidding of Trump and his base. On policy issues,- both foreign and domestic-he continues to be vague, inconsistent, and even incoherent.
So as I said, now that we are close to inauguration day, it's time to start looking at what he and his appointed cohorts actually do on a day to day basis. Here is today's installment: Trump Moves Closer To Gutting Elizabeth Warren's Consumer Watchdog | The Huffington Post

NEW YORK ― Big business and congressional Republicans salivate at the idea of gutting the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the brainchild of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). Now, President-elect Donald Trump is moving toward what they’ve long wanted: a weak agency that sides with financial predators over consumers.
Trump met with former Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-Texas) on Wednesday and is considering Neugebauer to run the CFPB, Trump spokesman Sean Spicer confirmed on a Thursday call with reporters.

I will be posting news like this on a daily basis, or more frequently as his actions, inactions and missteps of which there will be many-judging from what we have seen so far-come to light.

I would take you seriously if your handle was not a oxymoron.

Progressive Patriot?

Is that not something like Army intelligence or affordable Lamborghini?

Yes I know, another Trump thread...but this one will hopefully be different. I want it to be a daily blow by blow accounting of exactly what he and his appointees actually do to, free of subjective content and opinion. YOU decide what is good and not so good.

Shortly after election night I wrote the following which I used to kick off another thread on this forum:

On the eve of the election, I was, like many others, aghast and dismayed at the election of Donald Trump. I could not fathom the election of this many who had railed against pretty much every minority group, and threatened to ignite a trade war in a misguided attempt to bring jobs back to our shores. He is a person who has a history of being a sexual predator, who’s temperament and knowledge base clearly disqualifies him from the presidency and who does not exude the intellectual depth or level of curiosity to learn and grow into the job .

However, after taking a deep breath and listening to Secretary Clinton’s gracious concession speech and President Obamas call for acceptance of the decision and national unity and healing, I decided to take a step back and say that, rather dwell on his past words and deeds, I would judge him by what he says and does going forward. I said that I would chalk much of it up to campaign rhetoric and bluster intended to rally his base, and reminded myself that he has a history of holding some liberal and progressive views that may reemerge later.
That rapprochement lasted less than a week. In his first few days as president elect, he has done the following: Trump Since The Election-What We Have Learned (Not Good)

Since then, we have seen that most of his nominees for cabinet positions have been controversial at best if not horrendous. They represent the very worst of special interests and seem to be hand picked to do the bidding of Trump and his base. On policy issues,- both foreign and domestic-he continues to be vague, inconsistent, and even incoherent.
So as I said, now that we are close to inauguration day, it's time to start looking at what he and his appointed cohorts actually do on a day to day basis. Here is today's installment: Trump Moves Closer To Gutting Elizabeth Warren's Consumer Watchdog | The Huffington Post

NEW YORK ― Big business and congressional Republicans salivate at the idea of gutting the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the brainchild of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). Now, President-elect Donald Trump is moving toward what they’ve long wanted: a weak agency that sides with financial predators over consumers.
Trump met with former Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-Texas) on Wednesday and is considering Neugebauer to run the CFPB, Trump spokesman Sean Spicer confirmed on a Thursday call with reporters.

I will be posting news like this on a daily basis, or more frequently as his actions, inactions and missteps of which there will be many-judging from what we have seen so far-come to light.

Progressive Patriot?

Thank you for that brilliant and thoughtful reply to an Important topic. I have heard that inane equine excrement way to many times before. Not original.

Now maybe you would like to tell the class what you think of the orange ogre twitter troll.

That's great, keep us entertained. I learned long ago the best way to know when something good happens is to watch the degree of outrage from the left. So far Trump's actions and picks are looking fantastic.

Progressive Patriot?

Thank you for that brilliant and thoughtful reply to an Important topic. I have heard that inane equine excrement way to many times before. Not original.

Now maybe you would like to tell the class what you think of the orange ogre twitter troll.

I would, but I never heard anybody of that description.

European leaders shocked as Trump slams NATO and E.U., raising fears of transatlantic split

BRUSSELS — European leaders said Monday that they may have to stand alone without the United States once Donald Trump enters office, raising the prospect of an unprecedented breach in transatlantic relations after Trump’s comments that the European Union is bound for a breakup and that NATO is obsolete.
Brussels is worried? Good! And NATO was designed to fight nations, not ideologies. It needs a serious update.

"The Progressive Patriot" ....now there's an oxymoron if ever there was one. The fact that Trump has progressive turds sweating bullets, means he's doing A-OK.

We all know there is no such thing as a progressive patriot.
Your moniker is an oxymoron.
However, after reading your post, I believe it to be prudent to remove oxy.

"The Progressive Patriot" ....now there's an oxymoron if ever there was one. The fact that Trump has progressive turds sweating bullets, means he's doing A-OK.
Oh Christ! Not that tired ass bullshit again!! Not even original.

Rex Tillerson Refuses To Address Exxon’s Climate Change Denial

During his confirmation hearing, former Exxon Mobil CEO and nominee for secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, refused to answer questions about what the fossil fuel corporation knew about climate change. He also refused to talk about Exxon Mobil’s funding of outside organizations in order to create doubt about climate science.

Environmental groups are terribly alarmed by the prospect of having Tillerson at the helm of the United States State Department, especially as the threat of climate disruption caused by humans intensifies. Activists organized a “Reject Rex” campaign that includes protests at Tillerson’s confirmation hearing.

Sessions Praises Far-Right Firebrand David Horowitz During Confirmation Hearing

Far-right activist David Horowitz said of Senator Jeff Sessions’ confirmation hearing for Attorney General, “You will see a witch-hunt worse than anything McCarthy did directed by Democrats against Jeff Sessions.” Hardly, but the first day of the hearing featured effusive praise for Horowitz himself.

Horowitz is a quite repugnant individual. He argues the most racist people in the United States are “black racists.” His organization, the David Horowitz Freedom Center, is a key part of a network promoting fear of Muslims in America.

Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal asked Sessions about remarks he made in 2003, where he praised Horowitz as a man he admired. He confronted Sessions with remarks from Horowitz, such as, “All the major Muslim organizations in America are connected to the Muslim Brotherhood,” and, “Eighty percent of mosques are filled with hate against Jews and Americans.”

He noted Horowitz said, “Too many blacks are in prison because too many blacks commit crimes.”

Sessions acted as if he had no idea Horowitz is the kind of person who makes these sort of remarks, even though this is a hallmark of his reactionary advocacy.

Betsy DeVos faces the HELP Committee: Five things to watch

Senate Democrats are expected to grill Betsy DeVos with tough questions on Tuesday — part of a strategy to paint Donald Trump’s Education secretary pick as an enemy of public education.

Democrats’ opposition has been hardened by the fact that DeVos is a longtime GOP donor with ties to anti-gay rights and anti-organized labor groups. DeVos, a billionaire, has long wielded influence in Michigan politics — where she previously ran the state’s Republican Party — and in the school choice advocacy world, where she’s spent millions pushing for charter schools and voucher programs. But DeVos has never held elected office, and both sides will be watching to see how she handles the spotlight during her confirmation hearing before the Senate HELP Committee. Senators also want to hear her speak publicly for the first time on many critical education issues, ranging from student loan oversight to the federal government’s role in funding preschool.

Oh Christ! Not that tired ass bullshit again!! Not even original.

I didn't claim it was original. Just accurate.

Trump Taps Anti-Gay, Anti-Catholic, Anti-Mormon Pastor Robert Jeffress For Prayer Service | Right Wing Watch

According to a CNN report today, Southern Baptist pastor Robert Jeffress “is scheduled to preach at a private service for President-elect Trump and his family on Friday, shortly before Trump takes the oath of office.”

Trump campaigned alongside Jeffress and appointed the Texas-based televangelist to his Evangelical Executive Advisory Board. Jeffress, in turn, hailed Trump as a “strongman” who rightfully rejects Jesus Christ’s teachings from the Sermon on the Mount.

As we wrote last year, Jeffress has a long record of hostility towards Muslims and Jews, who he has said are going to Hell; Mormons, whom he blasted as cult members; Roman Catholics, whom he linked to Devil-worship; and gay people, who he said “are engaged in the most detestable, unclean, abominable acts you can imagine.”

Read President Trump's full, blistering inaugural speech, attacking Washington, promising 'America first'

I for one intend to hold his feet to the fire....

Selected excerpts:

Today's ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people.

Really Donald? You are now Washington" You have packed your administration with people who possess enormous wealth and therefor influence. You didn't drain the swamp, you restocked it

For too long, a small group in our nation's capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have bore the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered but the jobs left and the factories closed.

Yes people did not share the wealth. Will they now, Donald? How will you address the issue of wealth and income disparity?
The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation's capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land

Who are the citizens that you are going to protect? LGBT people? Those who are fearful of loosing health care coverage. Those who can't get by on there wages? Will you now support a Federal Minimum wage

At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families and good jobs for themselves.

So tell just how you will achieve that?

Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities, rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation.

An education system flush with cash but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge.

And the crime and the gangs and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.

You just can't get away from the negativity, can you?
For many decades we've enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military.

Isolationism does not work. Tarrifis will come back to bite us? Sending a signal to our allies that we may not defend them is dangerous and will embolden Russia. The military is still the strogest and best equipped on earth. You can't just count the number of ships and troops to assess the capabilities.
We've defended other nations' borders while refusing to defend our own. And we've spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay.

We have in fact defended our boarders. Is this the infrastructure plan of yours?.... Opinion | Trump’s big infrastructure plan? It’s a trap.

Try again....

We've made other countries rich while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon.

. This country is quite wealthy but the bulk of that wealth is in the hands of too few. That makes us weak.What will you do about that?

From this day forward, it's going to be only America first, America first. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families. We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our product, stealing our companies and destroying our jobs.
Protection will lead to great prosperity and strength. I will fight for you with every breath in my body, and I will never ever let you down.

Protectionism is freaking out wall street investors and will not be good for the economy and for jib creation. Do you have any economic advisors who are competent and who you listen to?

We will re-enforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the earth.

By alienating and demonizing Islam you are only creating more terrorist and setting the stage for more terrorist attack but elements from abroad as well as home gown terrorists inspired but not connected to groups like ISIS

The Bible tells us how good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity. We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity. When America is united, America is totally unstoppable. There should be no fear.

Listen to yourself! You speak here of unity and solidarity but continue to promote divisiveness and discord by alienating a host of minority groups. Your speech does nothing to unite people except to pay lip service to the concept of unity. Never once have you actually reached out to opponents in an attempt at reconciliation

We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action, constantly complaining but never doing anything about it.

The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action.
Show us the action! So far it has in fact been all talk

And then there is this:

The first gloomy minutes of the Trump presidency: Why the tone will matter

Last edited:
Read President Trump's full, blistering inaugural speech, attacking Washington, promising 'America first'

I for one intend to hold his feet to the fire....

Selected excerpts:

Today's ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people.

Really Donald? You are now Washington" You have packed your administration with people who possess enormous wealth and therefor influence. You didn't drain the swamp, you restocked it

For too long, a small group in our nation's capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have bore the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered but the jobs left and the factories closed.

Yes people did not share the wealth. Will they now, Donald? How will you address the issue of wealth and income disparity?
The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation's capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land

Who are the citizens that you are going to protect? LGBT people? Those who are fearful of loosing health care coverage. Those who can't get by on there wages? Will you now support a Federal Minimum wage

At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families and good jobs for themselves.

So tell just how you will achieve that?

Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities, rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation.

An education system flush with cash but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge.

And the crime and the gangs and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.

You just can't get away from the negativity, can you?
For many decades we've enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military.

Isolationism does not work. Tarrifis will come back to bite us? Sending a signal to our allies that we may not defend them is dangerous and will embolden Russia. The military is still the strogest and best equipped on earth. You can't just count the number of ships and troops to assess the capabilities.
We've defended other nations' borders while refusing to defend our own. And we've spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay.

We have in fact defended our boarders. Is this the infrastructure plan of yours?.... Opinion | Trump’s big infrastructure plan? It’s a trap.

Try again....

We've made other countries rich while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon.

. This country is quite wealthy but the bulk of that wealth is in the hands of too few. That makes us weak.What will you do about that?

From this day forward, it's going to be only America first, America first. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families. We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our product, stealing our companies and destroying our jobs.
Protection will lead to great prosperity and strength. I will fight for you with every breath in my body, and I will never ever let you down.

Protectionism is freaking out wall street investors and will not be good for the economy and for jib creation. Do you have any economic advisors who are competent and who you listen to?

We will re-enforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the earth.

By alienating and demonizing Islam you are only creating more terrorist and setting the stage for more terrorist attack but elements from abroad as well as home gown terrorists inspired but not connected to groups like ISIS

The Bible tells us how good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity. We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity. When America is united, America is totally unstoppable. There should be no fear.

Listen to yourself! You speak here of unity and solidarity but continue to promote divisiveness and discord by alienating a host of minority groups. Your speech does nothing to unite people except to pay lip service to the concept of unity. Never once have you actually reached out to opponents in an attempt at reconciliation
We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action, constantly complaining but never doing anything about it.

The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action.
Show us the action! So far it has in fact been all talk

And then there is this:

The first gloomy minutes of the Trump presidency: Why the tone will matter
<YAWN!>

Forum List

Back