trump folds on govt shutdown

Why shut down if you don't have to. Smart move.

The Army Corp of Engineers can build the wall and that's exactly who should be doing it as soon as possible.
there is no express wall building power.

Army Corp of Engineers can build anything and have in the past. That wall would be a piece of cake for those guys.
Fence building materials aren't free. I don't think the Congress will be very happy if Trump's minions steal money they appropriated for something else in order to build a Wall. Nosirree, they are not going to like that. Congress has the power of the purse and it damned well better stay that way.

Oh they could take it out of the defense budget.

After all building the wall is in defense of the country.

Keeping illegals out.

Illegals who cost us billions each year. No more illegals and billions saved. Those billions could be put back in the defense budget.
Oh, you make that sound so easy. Won't work, but dream on...

Then he should have had the foresight and maturity not to make such a threat.

His empty rhetoric has caused too many unnecessary dips in the markets.

As if you've ever shown you know anything about stocks or the stock market during your rants and screaming episodes here. :21:

The market is down because of the Fed and China...has nothing to do with a partial shutdown.

The Army Corp of Engineers can build the wall and that's exactly who should be doing it as soon as possible.

Army Corp of Engineers can build anything and have in the past. That wall would be a piece of cake for those guys.
Fence building materials aren't free. I don't think the Congress will be very happy if Trump's minions steal money they appropriated for something else in order to build a Wall. Nosirree, they are not going to like that. Congress has the power of the purse and it damned well better stay that way.

Keeping illegals out.

Illegals who cost us billions each year. No more illegals and billions saved. Those billions could be put back in the defense budget.

You sound like you think it would be difficult for the Army Corp of Engineers to build a fence. I think it would be one of the easiest things they ever did.

It would work. No dreaming. LOL

If you can find a way to do it without a shutdown do it personally I wouldn’t care if there was a partial shutdown I don’t think the country would notice any difference in things but it’s bad optics and in politics how something looks matters more than the reality of the situation.

:lmao:
Incredible.

Uhhh…why didn’t he have them start on 1/20/2017 if that were the case? Why have the dog and pony show with the 6 contractors putting in bids, building prototypes, etc…?

Government grades border wall prototypes on effectiveness and aesthetics

The US just decided to give the money to secure our borders to the very people conducting / facilitating the invasions......

US pledges $5.8B aid for CentAm, $4.8B for southern Mexico

"The United States pledged $5.8 billion in aid Tuesday for strengthening government and economic development in Central America, and another $4.8 billion in development aid for southern Mexico."

Trump was / is asking for $5 Billion for the wall....there it WENT!

The wall aside, why do we continue to send BILLIONS to shithole countries for 'foreign aid' when the criminal leaders pocket the cash, crap on their people, and drive them out, on their way to illegally invade the US. The US should KEEP the foreign aid to spend on those nation's people who are living HERE now

If you can find a way to do it without a shutdown do it personally I wouldn’t care if there was a partial shutdown I don’t think the country would notice any difference in things but it’s bad optics and in politics how something looks matters more than the reality of the situation.

There was no way for Trump to come out of it looking good. He made a wise choice

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Then he should have had the foresight and maturity not to make such a threat.

His empty rhetoric has caused too many unnecessary dips in the markets.

Oh come on. You expect him to act like a politician. That's what a politician would do.

Trump isn't a politician and he never will be and expecting him to act like one is a waste of time.

Markets go up. Markets go down. Year after year.

I'm happy about the good economy we have. That concerns me more than the market.

Trump is dong well and the Army Corp of Engineers could build the wall. It would be a piece of cake for those guys.
Like the Levees in New Orleans?

I worked for the ACOE on a half dozen military bases. I was contracted for remodeling housing. My specialty yet these asshats ran around with a book and clipboard almost EVERYDAY looking for things not done "by the book" despite new methods being far superior to their 60 year old spec book.
Very inefficient

The levee's before Katrina were old and were scheduled for replacement but the City used the money for something else.

Those new levees seem to be working just fine.

Oh and military is military and the Army Corp of Engineers could build the wall. Building that wall would be a snap for those guys.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Keeping illegals out.

You sound like you think it would be difficult for the Army Corp of Engineers to build a fence. I think it would be one of the easiest things they ever did.

It would work. No dreaming. LOL
I'm not saying they can't build a Wall; of course they could. You haven't told me yet where the materials are going to come from. You believe the Army, Navy, Air Force etc. are going to give up their $$ to buy the materials for Donald's Wall? Let's put it this way: I'll be surprised if the military lets it go. My guess is they've already got that money spent.

What a pussy

Agree. Just a politition after all. Fuck’em.
Instead of draining the swamp, he's doubled it.

Instead of cutting spending, he has hit all new records in spending.

It's quite possible Lyin' Donald has told more lies in two years than all his predecessors combined.

When a small time, petty crook like The Orange Virus gets elected to run the richest country in the world, bad shit is bound to happen. My, my, the sound of winger backpedaling in this thread is deafening. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back