Clarence Thomas Blows Up Colorado Lawyer’s Argument for Kicking President Trump Off the State’s Ballot and Leaves Him Stumped

But when Thomas got the opportunity to question Murray, the lawyer’s argument completely fell apart. When Thomas asked for specific examples of states disqualifying national candidates, Murray could not provide one despite being given multiple opportunities. The stumped lawyer then finally admits he does not have one.

Maybe because in over 200 years, no President had ever sent a mob to overturn an election

That makes no sense to me.

First of all, those Jan 6 rioters had no sleeping bags, so were not planning on even spending a single night there.
So at the very most they could just delay certification for 1 day. Since Biden's inauguration was not until 2 weeks later, they could not possibly have effected it in any way.

Second is that the whole point of the 14th amendment is to reduce state authority over things like candidate qualifications. The 14th amendment was intended entirely to give federal jurisdiction over protection of individual rights. So states claiming a new authority to deny candidates is a totally irrational interpretation that clearly does not exist.

Meh. We all knew it was gonna happen. SC(r)OTUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the RNC at this point.

Does not matter.
The SCOTUS ruling obviously was correct.
No one should be interfering with candidates at all, but states are the least authorized to dictate federal elections.
The whole point of the 14th amendment was to severely limit state authority.
To somehow claim the 14th allows states to bias federal candidates, is incredibly absurd.

Shows how inept Thomas is to ask such a stupid question

Of course no state has ever brought such a case
Until Trump, it was never necessary

I do not see your point, since clearly all the southern politicians should have been banned if this interpretation of the 14th was accurate, and Thomas's point is that no one was ever banned by any state.

The most anyone could find is that Congress rejected a few of the candidates states sent to congress.
But there is not a single case of any ex-confederate politician being pulled from the ballots.
And clearly all the Confederate politicians were a million times more guilty than Trump, who never caused a single shot to be fired.

Yes .. relying on language designed to prevent the confederacy from securing position in office .. :rolleyes:

To be decided and enforced by the federal government, and only for state legislator positions.
It was not intended for states to regulate who was to be on the ballot for federal positions like presidents.
That is totally backwards and upside down from the intent of the 14th amendment.

It puts a smile on my face to know retards voted for him .. most likely including you.

I dislike Trump and am far left, progressive, liberal, but the attempt to deny Trump the ballot, as well as the ridiculous 91 charges and 2 impeachments, has forced me to prefer Trump over all those responsible for attempting to illegally harm not only Trump, but the 70 million supported he represents.

There has never been any treason as great as these attacks against Trump.
It is shocking anyone would allow such abuse of a candidate who actually had been an average president.

After today's pitiful sad news conference, democrats are circling the wagons and figuring out the best way to remove Biden as soon as possible.
Sorry bout that,

1. Poison pill in his coffee?
2. Drop a couple cynide capsules, in there for sweetener.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

But when Thomas got the opportunity to question Murray, the lawyer’s argument completely fell apart. When Thomas asked for specific examples of states disqualifying national candidates, Murray could not provide one despite being given multiple opportunities. The stumped lawyer then finally admits he does not have one.

Maybe because in over 200 years, no President had ever sent a mob to overturn an election

Yeah we know, Democrats fancy themselves smarter than our SC justices. They always think they are the smartest person in the room. I just wish you self-proclaimed geniuses could put all that brain power into figuring out how to pay back your student loans without a bailout.

You are confused Moon Bat.

Potatohead's approval rating is in the 30s and that was before his dismal performance yesterday. The asshole ain't kicking anybody's ass. The only way the idiot is winning is if he steals the election again like he did in 2020.
LOL Is that why Biden has no contenders in the Dem primary? Contrast that with your orange douchebag. :laughing0301:

Yep, and he can get all the kids and recent grads with his talk of paying off their student loan debt.

When you are trying to stay in power from a minority position (outside of California and New York) you can't leave it up to standard politics.

I dislike Trump and am far left, progressive, liberal, but the attempt to deny Trump the ballot, as well as the ridiculous 91 charges and 2 impeachments, has forced me to prefer Trump over all those responsible for attempting to illegally harm not only Trump, but the 70 million supported he represents.

There has never been any treason as great as these attacks against Trump.
It is shocking anyone would allow such abuse of a candidate who actually had been an average president.

I would take issue with average - but........

Forum List

Back