Trump finally comes out and says the US will pay for 100% of the Mexican Wall.

Obviously 'the wall' isn't going to get built. So other than that was another in the never-ending list of Trump lies, what do his supporters have to cling to now? He lied about everything he said he'd do.

You like to think the Republican base isn't this gullible and ignorant, but we've found out it is. They operate on gut level emotion. Reasoning is apparently antithetical to them.

You know, I have a solution that is better than building a wall.................

Every 50 miles of border, build a barracks that is capable of housing at least 10 people. Those are the people who are on watch for 3 days to a week at a time, when they are rotated out for 3 days to a week while another rotation takes over.

Those are the people who respond to border breaches. And, because they are only 50 miles apart, the response will only be 25 miles on either side.

To find out when and who is coming over the border? Simple...........put those recently discharged veterans who have experience with drones to work and have recon drones patrolling the sky above the border. Not only can they see just about anything during the day, but they also have infrared for seeing things at night.

Would be a hell of a lot cheaper, as well as a whole lot more secure than just a simple wall. Less impact on the environment as well.

An Engineer Explains Why Trump's Wall Is So Implausible

It can be built but it will take many many years to build and it won't keep anyone out.
Even without those reasons, I didn't think it was anything more than a stupid campaign promise.

The only thing you can be sure he's going to do if elected is consolidate his power and do various things to get advantages for his companies.

On the other hand, I can see him starting it (but will never finish it), in order to make money in some way.

My recommendation is to use the Foreign Aid Budget to build the wall. That is the least popular part of the Budget. Also, imposing a "transaction tax" on stocks, bonds, options, etc. would generate big bucks that could be used to balance the Budget. The only ones hurt are the high frequency traders. Most of us with 401Ks will get a big boost w/o those creeps stealing our cash by compterized market manipulation.

I agree. If anyone thought Mexico would pay for a wall then they are idiots.

Those American dollars the Mexicans send home every week are a big part of the less than great Mexican economy. They love those dollars and have no problem with their citizen illegally entering the US so they can send them back.

I agree. If anyone thought Mexico would pay for a wall then they are idiots.

Those American dollars the Mexicans send home every week are a big part of the less than great Mexican economy. They love those dollars and have no problem with their citizen illegally entering the US so they can send them back.

I could care less who pays for it, just get it done.

You know, I have a solution that is better than building a wall.................

Every 50 miles of border, build a barracks that is capable of housing at least 10 people. Those are the people who are on watch for 3 days to a week at a time, when they are rotated out for 3 days to a week while another rotation takes over.

Those are the people who respond to border breaches. And, because they are only 50 miles apart, the response will only be 25 miles on either side.

To find out when and who is coming over the border? Simple...........put those recently discharged veterans who have experience with drones to work and have recon drones patrolling the sky above the border. Not only can they see just about anything during the day, but they also have infrared for seeing things at night.

Would be a hell of a lot cheaper, as well as a whole lot more secure than just a simple wall. Less impact on the environment as well.

I have a much better idea. Pass a law that anybody caught here illegally faces a minimum of five years in prison. That will get rid of 10 out of the 11 million here at least.

I have a much better idea. Pass a law that anybody caught here illegally faces a minimum of five years in prison. That will get rid of 10 out of the 11 million here at least.

I have a better idea. Pass a law that anyone caught here illegal will be working their asses off at farms, construction sites and anywhere else they need labor. All for free. That would surely send a few million back across the border.

I have opined that the US would pay for the wall all along...using US tax dollars that would otherwise be sent to Mexico as the 'Foreign Aid' we send them every year.

We would basically be cutting them off of foreign aid money, which they partially depend on. If we are supporting millions of their people HERE they don't need our money THERE anyway. Until the border is secure and the Illegal Immigration tidal wave is stemmed, and seeing how they are helping illegals come here, I would keep them cut off and would even freeze some of their assets (money) here to help pay for the wall, surveillance equipment, more BPAs, etcs....but that's just me.

Of course with 'Miss Open Borders' potentially coming in as President, instead of a WALL being built, Hillary will probably insist giant moving walkways (like in airports) be built from Mexico into the US. :p

So if we take all the foreign aid we give to Mexico and spend it on beefed up border protection it doesn't cost the taxpayer anything more does it?

So if we take all the foreign aid we give to Mexico and spend it on beefed up border protection it doesn't cost the taxpayer anything more does it?

The budget Congress approved earlier this month awards roughly $146 million in security aid to Mexico. That figure is the lowest since 2011 and amounts to about three-quarters of the funding Congress authorized last year

Trumps $20 Trillion dollar wall will take taxpayers HOW LONG to pay for ?????????????

as the Republican Congress cuts aid, Republicans demand stronger security..

dumbasses. no wonder they won't be reelected

The budget Congress approved earlier this month awards roughly $146 million in security aid to Mexico. That figure is the lowest since 2011 and amounts to about three-quarters of the funding Congress authorized last year

Trumps $20 Trillion dollar wall will take taxpayers HOW LONG to pay for ?????????????

as the Republican Congress cuts aid, Republicans demand stronger security..

dumbasses. no wonder they won't be reelected
There is authorized and actual

Trump at his rally ...

" WHO WILL PAY FOR THAT WALL"

(Trumpbots) ... MEXICO !!! (cheering going wild)

now ..

Trump: U.S. will pay for border wall 'with full understanding' Mexico will reimburse full cost

SUCKERS .... YOU'VE BEEN TRUMP-PUNKED !!

You don't understand macroeconomics. There is a lot of online material.

You should educate yourself so you don't look so stupid and embarrass yourself like this post.

I'm embarrassed Republicans demand max border security, then allow the Republican congress to cut security spending ... you should stfu

You can't reason with natural born liars and self created fools.

Forum List

Back