Trump changing health insurance forever!

Why is it bad? Wouldn't it allow for much larger group plans so premiums could be more affordable, like BC/BS?

No it would not, look ALL plans MUST cover the same 10 basic mandated coverages. ALL companies must abide by the 80/20 rule. How will buying across State Lines help anyone?

Those that oppose it do so because they know it would prove what's been said about Obamacare.

I oppose it because it's stupid and will accomplish nothing.

Doc, maybe if it happens some of these know it alls will end up with a Mega Life plan or health markets or farm the ranch, whatever they're calling themselves these days. I keep getting emails from some startup from of all places TX (lol) that say even though they do not have the 10 EHB the government has allowed them to sell ACA plans. I bet you've received one from that company, I think they did mass spam to licensed agents across the country. Maybe these people can pick up one of those plans. I'm not much of a fan of ACA but I am not for scam artists.

They would be lying to you, I have a friend who works for Health Markets, they were selling Golden Rule until they pulled out.

Wasn't that some time ago? How many years has UHC owned GR? May have been decent out your way but not over here in the SE, they used the PHCS network and listed docs that would not accept it come hell or high water. If they did they almost always would not pay claims. There are christian ministry plans that somehow were approved with the 10 benefits but I replace quite a few last year because poliicyholders were stuck with high claims. Anyway one day this might all work out, probably not in my lifetime.

I wonder if any insurance company will take this opportunity opened up based on an executive order? I haven't a clue.

I doubt it as there is not Federal law that prohibits health insurance sales across state lines. The "EO" isn't worth the paper it's written on.

>>>>

...or, until his executive order is struck down in court.

Trump: Executive order would allow interstate purchase of health insurance

This is an absolutely terrible idea. It was the rotten Easter egg hidden in the GOP plan for years. Even they didn't like it, on average.
How is allowing people to shop for insurance across state lines a bad idea?

More competition, more choices, more opportunity to join others to form a larger group capable of getting more/better insurance, etc.....

This is something both parties have considered for a long while now.
"How is allowing people to shop for insurance across state lines a bad idea?"

Not only have I partially answered this more than once in this thread, you are asking questions answered long ago. If you were honestly seeking these arguments, you would be looking them up right now. There is a reason this restriction was codified into law and survived the legal challenges to it. Go read up.

What are you afraid of, finding out the Obamacare bullshit put in place isn't what the boy said it was?
I was never a fan, but I can still have honest discussion about it. You on the other hand seem to only need to know one thing about anything to make up your mind about it.

This is an absolutely terrible idea. It was the rotten Easter egg hidden in the GOP plan for years. Even they didn't like it, on average.

More competition, more choices, more opportunity to join others to form a larger group capable of getting more/better insurance, etc.....

Not only have I partially answered this more than once in this thread, you are asking questions answered long ago. If you were honestly seeking these arguments, you would be looking them up right now. There is a reason this restriction was codified into law and survived the legal challenges to it. Go read up.

What are you afraid of, finding out the Obamacare bullshit put in place isn't what the boy said it was?
I was never a fan, but I can still have honest discussion about it. You on the other hand seem to only need to know one thing about anything to make up your mind about it.

I didn't like the concept when Hillary pushed it when Bill was President. They're white. I didn't like the concept even when Mitt Romney did the same type of thing in Massachusetts although I could accept it being done at that level according to the Constitution.

Disliking ACA had nothing to do with Obama and what you imply. Many Democrats that where white voted for and supported it.

I didn't like the concept when Hillary pushed it when Bill was President. They're white. I didn't like the concept even when Mitt Romney did the same type of thing in Massachusetts although I could accept it being done at that level according to the Constitution.

Disliking ACA had nothing to do with Obama and what you imply. Many Democrats that where white voted for and supported it.
You get an 'F' for history. The basice ideas of the ACA were proposed by the Republicans in eesponse to Hillary's proposals. And Obama adopted it in part to contrast himself to Hillary and her proposals in the 2008 primaries.

Barry Hussein changed health insurance forever with a poorly written gigantic law that ironically nobody in the democrat party bothered to read before they were threatened and intimidated into signing it. President Trump is trying to rewrite a bad system that is hurting middle class people with deductibles as much as a new car and companies that are one by one leaving restrictive states. The strange thing is that the leaderless democrat party that created the Obamacare mess shows no interest in making it better.

Barry Hussein changed health insurance forever with a poorly written gigantic law that ironically nobody in the democrat party bothered to read before they were threatened and intimidated into signing it. President Trump is trying to rewrite a bad system that is hurting middle class people with deductibles as much as a new car and companies that are one by one leaving restrictive states. The strange thing is that the leaderless democrat party that created the Obamacare mess shows no interest in making it better.
Hah, okay. Trump is trying to do nothing. Trump hasn't a clue about any of this. One of his golfing buddies with insurance stock put a bug in his ear that trying to remove the State restriction would make Trump look awesome to the rich stockholders, so Trump will try it. Nothing more. They only time he ever learned fact one about the terrible GOP plan, he called it "cruel" and "mean".

You get an 'F' for history. The basice ideas of the ACA were proposed by the Republicans in eesponse to Hillary's proposals. And Obama adopted it in part to contrast himself to Hillary and her proposals in the 2008 primaries.

You get an F in understanding Federalism.

Hillary promoted a very active role by the federal government in healthcare/insurance. Obama promoted a very active role by the federal government in healthcare/insurance. Romney, while I object to the idea of government being in healthcare at all, did things on the level at which the Constitution indicates it should be done if it is going to be done. I can support something being done at the level of government where the Constitution allows it to if it's done and oppose the concept at the same time. I don't have to like it to acknowledge it can be done at certain times.

Understand the difference? Likely not.

Hillary promoted a very active role by the federal government in healthcare/insurance. Obama promoted a very active role by the federal government in healthcare/insurance. Romney, while I object to the idea of government being in healthcare at all, did things on the level at which the Constitution indicates it should be done if it is going to be done. I can support something being done at the level of government where the Constitution allows it to if it's done and oppose the concept at the same time. I don't have to like it to acknowledge it can be done at certain times.

Haha, no , you don't get to two-step out of that one. You said something stupid and wrong, because you literally just made it up. That's what happens when you engage in backward think. Maybe learn a lesson and own it, instead of dancing and prancing.

Haha, no , you don't get to two-step out of that one. You said something stupid and wrong, because you literally just made it up. That's what happens when you engage in backward think. Maybe learn a lesson and own it, instead of dancing and prancing.

I didn't think you'd understand the difference. Just another n-lover that can't stand being defeated.

I didn't think you'd understand the difference. Just another n-lover that can't stand being defeated.
You said something dumb and wrong. And of course you're mad at me now.

You don't understand what I explained and you blame me for being just like the stupid 85 average IQ blacks in society.

Why is it bad? Wouldn't it allow for much larger group plans so premiums could be more affordable, like BC/BS?

Justas a after thought... This would mean Health Insurance is inter commerce across state lines, that means that Health Insurance would be regulated by the Federal Government and not the states...

This would be one huge power grab by the Federal government over state rights... Just as a note...

By the way this has been tried before between thre states and the insurance companies did bite...

Wrong again Newt proposed much of the same plan. His idea for the individual mandate.

You don't understand what I explained and you blame me for being just like the stupid 85 average IQ blacks in society.
Of course I understand. Nothing you said was every deep or complicated.

Wrong again Newt proposed much of the same plan. His idea for the individual mandate.

Are you saying the federal government has delegated authority to deal with healthcare? I'll need you to show me where that specifically exists in the Constitution.

Of course I understand. Nothing you said was every deep or complicated.

Apparently it was. Are you saying the federal government has delegated authority in the Constitution to deal with healthcare?

Forum List

Back