Trump changing health insurance forever!

You do realize you buy your car insurance across state lines right?

You do realize that where insurance company resides has right near ZERO to do with our healthcare problems and costs?

Federal government never prohibited sale across state lines, these are STATE side laws. So it is HILARIOUS to watch you state-rights-constitutionalists! embrace both legislative process circumventing with Executive Order AND Trumping (pun intended) State rights.

This EO will NEVER survive a court challenge, but I do appreciate the way it makes total asses out of Trumpster conservatives.

You lefties constantly compare the mandate to buy health coverage with the requirement to have car insurance. Why run from comparing the two now?

....because coverage requirement is ESSENTIAL to a system that guarantees insurance access to sick people.

Selling across state lines is not and will do next to nothing helpful. All it will do is send insurance companies packing to Delaware.

Federal government has no rules for selling either auto or health insurance across state lines, these are State rules

Last edited:
...or, until his executive order is struck down in court.

Trump: Executive order would allow interstate purchase of health insurance

This is an absolutely terrible idea. It was the rotten Easter egg hidden in the GOP plan for years. Even they didn't like it, on average.
Why is it bad? Wouldn't it allow for much larger group plans so premiums could be more affordable, like BC/BS?

Obamacare and the left's push for it never had anything to do with affordability. It was all about control. They can call it what they want and give a name with "Affordable" in it. When what it does shows it's anything but that, what it's called is irrelevant.

I can take some chicken shit, make it look like chicken salad, and call it such. How many that consider Obamacare affordable because it's CALLED that would eat it.

I wonder if you are smart enough to see the irony in having the "don't tread on me" flag as you avatar and supporting the POTUS taking away state rights via EO. right now I am leaning towards no

Right now you're leaning over to kiss someone's asshole.

You do realize that where insurance company resides has right near ZERO to do with our healthcare problems and costs?

Federal government never prohibited sale across state lines, these are STATE side laws. So it is HILARIOUS to watch you state-rights-constitutionalists! embrace both legislative process circumventing with Executive Order AND Trumping (pun intended) State rights.

This EO will NEVER survive a court challenge, but I do appreciate the way it makes total asses out of Trumpster conservatives.

You lefties constantly compare the mandate to buy health coverage with the requirement to have car insurance. Why run from comparing the two now?

....because coverage requirement is ESSENTIAL to a system that guarantees insurance access to sick people.

Selling across state lines is not and will do next to nothing helpful. All it will do is send insurance companies packing to Delaware.

Won't do or you're afraid it will make your black boy's program look even worse.

Companies are leaving the States now.

Won't do or you're afraid it will make your black boy's program look even worse.

WTF does "black boy" have to do with this? Can't pass up a chance to barf up your hateful racist innards?

This is an absolutely terrible idea. It was the rotten Easter egg hidden in the GOP plan for years. Even they didn't like it, on average.
Why is it bad? Wouldn't it allow for much larger group plans so premiums could be more affordable, like BC/BS?
It is bad because it will start a race to the bottom for the quality/value of health insurance. Look into the reasons why we have this restriction in the first place.

You realize that there is no Federal law that bars sale of health insurance across state lines right?

As a matter of fact there are already states that allow the sale of health insurance in their state by outside of the state companies.

>>>>

can you explain why this is a bad idea? or are we just trump-baggin?
Yes, I can. Just gave a short summary in the previous post. And this terrible idea precedes Trump.

Obamacare and the left's push for it never had anything to do with affordability. It was all about control. They can call it what they want and give a name with "Affordable" in it. When what it does shows it's anything but that, what it's called is irrelevant.

I can take some chicken shit, make it look like chicken salad, and call it such. How many that consider Obamacare affordable because it's CALLED that would eat it.
No, it was about affordability. It's failing in the short term is that the "invincibles" are generally poor as dirt, so they will just take a fine on their tax returns, which is less painful than a monthly expense.

Just what the hell is wrong with being able to shop around for health insurance?
Because you won't be "shopping around", the insurance companies will. They will find the State with the least regulation so that they can sell the shittiest coverage for the highest premiums. And the States will respond by easing requirements, in order to gain the revenue. So, in the end, you will not be "shopping around", as we will all be buying our insurance from one State, and it will be the shittiest insurance possible.

WTF does "black boy" have to do with this? Can't pass up a chance to barf up your hateful racist innards?

Just an identifier. Since it had to do with why you support him, it's appropriate.

No, it was about affordability. It's failing in the short term is that the "invincibles" are generally poor as dirt, so they will just take a fine on their tax returns, which is less painful than a monthly expense.

If it was, it would have done what Obama said it would do related to prices.

Just an identifier. Since it had to do with why you support him, it's appropriate.

Yea, and it just so happens that you identify him like a hateful racist would.

This debate has ZERO to do with "black boy", it's about POLICY his persona has no bearing on.

I wonder if you are smart enough to see the irony in having the "don't tread on me" flag as you avatar and supporting the POTUS taking away state rights via EO. right now I am leaning towards no

Yeah, I didn't think so. An actual conservative would never support the Fed Govt taking away states rights and powers. Please change your username "Redass Commie who hates America".

This debate has ZERO to do with "black boy", it's about policy his persona has no bearing on.

It just so happens that you support him based on something a racist would use.

That's why I used it as an identifier to distinguish him from the white boys that have been President.

Are you saying his persona has nothing to do with what he believes?

If it was, it would have done what Obama said it would do related to prices.
No, it's because the mandate failed to deliver the risk pool leading to those estimates. In the short term, the mandate has been somewhat of a failure. That's because people in this country are poor.

Yeah, I didn't think so. An actual conservative would never support the Fed Govt taking away states rights and powers. Please change your username "Redass Commie who hates America".

I don't take orders from dickheads like you. If you're man enough to have me change it, do so. Until then, keep kissing the asshole you're kissing.

This debate has ZERO to do with "black boy", it's about policy his persona has no bearing on.

It just so happens that you support him based on something a racist would use.

ummm policies and clear thinking? Because that's what I liked about Obama

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

"An actual conservative would never support the Fed Govt taking away states rights and powers."

And yet they do precisely that quite often. Maybe your purity test is garbage.

Forum List

Back