Trump changing health insurance forever!

...or, until his executive order is struck down in court.

Trump: Executive order would allow interstate purchase of health insurance

This is an absolutely terrible idea. It was the rotten Easter egg hidden in the GOP plan for years. Even they didn't like it, on average.
How is allowing people to shop for insurance across state lines a bad idea?

More competition, more choices, more opportunity to join others to form a larger group capable of getting more/better insurance, etc.....

This is something both parties have considered for a long while now.

This is an absolutely terrible idea. It was the rotten Easter egg hidden in the GOP plan for years. Even they didn't like it, on average.
Why is it bad? Wouldn't it allow for much larger group plans so premiums could be more affordable, like BC/BS?

Obamacare and the left's push for it never had anything to do with affordability. It was all about control. They can call it what they want and give a name with "Affordable" in it. When what it does shows it's anything but that, what it's called is irrelevant.

I can take some chicken shit, make it look like chicken salad, and call it such. How many that consider Obamacare affordable because it's CALLED that would eat it.
No, it was about affordability. It's failing in the short term is that the "invincibles" are generally poor as dirt, so they will just take a fine on their tax returns, which is less painful than a monthly expense.

If it was, it would have done what Obama said it would do related to prices.
No, it's because the mandate failed to deliver the risk pool leading to those estimates. In the short term, the mandate has been somewhat of a failure. That's because people in this country are poor.

The whole thing is a failure.

With all the jobs Obama claimed to have created, aren't things going well?

More competition, more choices, more opportunity to join others to form a larger group capable of getting more/better insurance, etc.....

Why is it bad? Wouldn't it allow for much larger group plans so premiums could be more affordable, like BC/BS?

Obamacare and the left's push for it never had anything to do with affordability. It was all about control. They can call it what they want and give a name with "Affordable" in it. When what it does shows it's anything but that, what it's called is irrelevant.

I can take some chicken shit, make it look like chicken salad, and call it such. How many that consider Obamacare affordable because it's CALLED that would eat it.

I wonder if you are smart enough to see the irony in having the "don't tread on me" flag as you avatar and supporting the POTUS taking away state rights via EO. right now I am leaning towards no

Right now you're leaning over to kiss someone's asshole.

Yeah, I didn't think so. An actual conservative would never support the Fed Govt taking away states rights and powers. Please change your username "Redass Commie who hates America".
"An actual conservative would never support the Fed Govt taking away states rights and powers."

And yet they do precisely that quite often. Maybe your purity test is garbage.

You mean like Liberals constantly claiming they believe in choice and freedom yet doing everything to limit choices?

I wonder if you are smart enough to see the irony in having the "don't tread on me" flag as you avatar and supporting the POTUS taking away state rights via EO. right now I am leaning towards no

Yeah, I didn't think so. An actual conservative would never support the Fed Govt taking away states rights and powers. Please change your username "Redass Commie who hates America".
"An actual conservative would never support the Fed Govt taking away states rights and powers."

That is because they are not really conservatives, sort of like the idiot with the "don't tread on me" flag.

What is garbage is people calling themselves something they are not.

"How is allowing people to shop for insurance across state lines a bad idea?"

Not only have I partially answered this more than once in this thread, you are asking questions answered long ago. If you were honestly seeking these arguments, you would be looking them up right now. There is a reason this restriction was codified into law and survived the legal challenges to it. Go read up.

Won't do or you're afraid it will make your black boy's program look even worse.

Companies are leaving the States now.

WTF does "black boy" have to do with this? Can't pass up a chance to barf up your hateful racist innards?

Just an identifier. Since it had to do with why you support him, it's appropriate.

Yea, and it just so happens that you identify him like a hateful racist would.

This debate has ZERO to do with "black boy", it's about policy his persona has no bearing on.

It just so happens that you support him based on something a racist would use.

ummm policies and clear thinking? Because that's what I liked about Obama

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Skin color. At least be honest. I

Interesting that you say what you say. There were plenty of Democrats that had the same policies with lots more experience. Funny how the black guy was picked.

That is because they are not really conservatives, sort of like the idiot with the "don't tread on me" flag.

That's what you say, NL.

It's a great idea, in the states that allowed it insurance prices...grew like everywhere else. :whoops:

It does NOTHING helpful, because it fundamentally does not matter where actual offices of insurance companies are located.

Out-of-state-insurance-sales.gif

Some premiums for Ky. health exchange to skyrocket in 2017

Last edited:
I wonder if any insurance company will take this opportunity opened up based on an executive order? I haven't a clue.

None of them took advantage of it when states opened up their states for such a thing. The EO cannot change anything because there is no Fed law that prohibits it.

For it to work the Fed Govt will have to force states to ignore their own rules and regulations. That cannot happen via an EO.

"That is because they are not really conservatives"

Says you. Again, maybe your purity test is not a good one. And, stick around long enough, and someone "more conservative" than you will come along to make fun of you for supporting the rights of the States to intrude in our lives and brand you "not conservative".

Says you. Again, maybe your purity test is not a good one. And, stick around long enough, and someone "more conservative" than you will come along to make fun of you for supporting the rights of the States to intrude in our lives and brand you "not conservative".

I am not a conservative, I am a libertarian. But the hallmark of conservatism is a small Fed Govt and that state trump the Feds. Just because someone calls himself a Conservative does not make them one. I can stand in a barn and call myself a tractor, that does not make me one.

No it would not, look ALL plans MUST cover the same 10 basic mandated coverages. ALL companies must abide by the 80/20 rule. How will buying across State Lines help anyone?

"How is allowing people to shop for insurance across state lines a bad idea?"

Not only have I partially answered this more than once in this thread, you are asking questions answered long ago. If you were honestly seeking these arguments, you would be looking them up right now. There is a reason this restriction was codified into law and survived the legal challenges to it. Go read up.

What are you afraid of, finding out the Obamacare bullshit put in place isn't what the boy said it was?

WTF does "black boy" have to do with this? Can't pass up a chance to barf up your hateful racist innards?

Just an identifier. Since it had to do with why you support him, it's appropriate.

This debate has ZERO to do with "black boy", it's about policy his persona has no bearing on.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Skin color. At least be honest.

I am honest. You are full of shit you make up on the fly to cover up your clearly racist attitudes.

You are a racist with a bad rabbit of constantly bringing up last president's skin color without rime or reason, may as well admit it.

I am not a conservative, I am a libertarian. But the hallmark of conservatism is a small Fed Govt and that state trump the Feds. Just because someone calls himself a Conservative does not make them one. I can stand in a barn and call myself a tractor, that does not make me one.

Just because you call yourself a Libertarian does not make you one.

According to you socially Liberal lefties, and that's what a Libertarian is, people born male can call themselves female and the rest of us are supposed to believe them because they said so.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I am honest. You are full of shit you make up on the fly to cover up your clearly racist attitudes.

If you were, you'd admit what I said is true.

I thought you lefties believed in choice?
Only when there is baby killing involved.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

If you were, you'd admit what I said is true.

No I wouldn't, because it is bullshit.

Forum List

Back