Trump Calls For "Immediate" Deportations Of Illegals With "No Judges Or Court Cases"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Geaux4it, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Sahba

Sahba Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +820
    U be catching on quickly... lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Meister

Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,660
    Wow, that's a real good argument. Good grief! :rolleyes-41:

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. Meister

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,660
    Not to mention that asylum seekers cross at point of entries.....right????? And, if they don't they are crossing illegally. hmmmm?

4. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,513
    And how do they know they're illegal immigrants?

How many Americans will get kicked out of the country?

5. Pellinore

Pellinore Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Ooo - I know! A trial!

When someone steps onto American soil (or overstays their visa, or whatever), they are - whether or not we personally believe this should be true - covered by the Constitution, including their rights to due process and equal protection. Because of that, they can't just be ejected; they need at least a hearing to determine among other things if they are seeking asylum (seeking a war zone or otherwise fleeing for their life) or just basically moving in, and if they are repeat offenders. First time offenses are federal misdemeanors, returning for a second (or more) try is a federal felony, and seeking asylum isn't a crime at all. Until recently, we've been treating them like anyone else arrested on suspicion of a misdemeanor, by scheduling a hearing date and letting them go while instructing them in a stern voice to make sure to come back for their hearing. I am told that about 80% do so.

Here's the part of the anti-immigration law I can understand: You can bet that the shifty among them are all going to be in the 20% that don't come back. The obvious solution to that is to detain everyone in whatever hotels or complexes we can use until their hearing comes up, but the Flores agreement from 1997 says that we can't keep the kids more than 20 days. The conversation inside the Beltway is currently quite a hodgepodge of ideas about lengthening the Flores time, hiring more judges to get quicker hearings, slapping ankle bracelets around, and so on.

But someone who steps over the border isn't necessarily doing so illegally. Most of them coming through Mexico are coming from Central American countries like El Salvador and Honduras, who have the highest murder rates in the world and are overrun by the drug cartels. International law and basic humanity says that we can't just turn them away, regardless of what the President says.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Pellinore

Pellinore Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    They're not required, as far as I know, to cross at a designated gate. Either way, from what I read and watch, the points of entry are usually swamped, and reports are coming out that they are in fact being turned away, leaving them no choice but to cross anyway.

7. Meister

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,660
    You can ignore this all you want BUT, TO BE A LEGAL ASYLUM SEEKER YOU MUST GO THROUGH A PORT OF ENTRY. PERIOD
    IF THEY DON'T COMPLY WITH THAT LAW, THEY ARE COMING OVER HERE ILLEGALLY. Take a moment and let that sink in.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  8. Meister

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,660
    It's just too bad for them that the legal port of entry is swamped. Life is tough, but, if they want legal standing they have to cross at the port of entry.
    They do have a choice.....they wait their turn like the rest of them are doing. Cross illegally.....you're and illegal.

9. Sahba

Sahba Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +820
    Let me walk you through this... I get pulled over and don't speak a lick of English (red flag 1) No problem... LEO's go out of their way at tax payer expense to ensure that an interpreter is utilized. No ID... not to worry though, again measures are made to locate identifying documents as in calling place of residence or being driven there to get documents... O this can't be done (red flag 2) Combine this with a general surreptitiousness and lying (red flag 3) and well I'm headed to the precinct to get printed and cataloged (as I should be)... O the horror... So So Inhumane!!! lol

I would love to witness hidden camera footage of a legal resident within the US purposefully trying to get themselves deported... they would have to have the desire and all the stars align for them... & even then not sure it would even be possible... lol

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,513
    You get pulled over and you don't speak English. What exactly is the official language of the USA?

Oh, wait, Puerto Rico is in the United States, they speak SPANISH in Puerto Rico. You don't need to speak English to have an American passport.

Some Mexicans speak English. Oh, wow.

As for documents to prove you are American, last I heard it wasn't a requirement of all Americans to provide such documents to prove they're American every day.