trump Backs Down. Again.

The fact that you respond the United States when I ask you to point out a communist style government that's been a good thing for it's citizens shows how pitiful your argument IS on that point!

We were the country left "standing" after a World War that reduced much of the rest of the world to rubble, Joey! That period of intense growth took place because that distinct set of circumstances...not because the tax rates were higher and unions were all powerful!

You can tell yourself that, buddy. to a degree it's even true. But the reality was, when you had the rich pay their fair share, and the working man got a fair break, the country was better for everyone... It's why we enjoyed the power we enjoyed.

If I were a billionaire and saw you progressives coming after my assets? I'd establish residency in the Bahamas. They have zero income tax.

That's awesome. How much are you going to sell in the Bahamas?

The fact that you respond the United States when I ask you to point out a communist style government that's been a good thing for it's citizens shows how pitiful your argument IS on that point!

Nobody was arguing for communism.

the ironic thing is the reason why the rich went along with unionization and the new deal was because in Russia, the Rich were being taken out and SHOT, and no one felt all that sorry for them.

We were the country left "standing" after a World War that reduced much of the rest of the world to rubble, Joey! That period of intense growth took place because that distinct set of circumstances...not because the tax rates were higher and unions were all powerful!

You can tell yourself that, buddy. to a degree it's even true. But the reality was, when you had the rich pay their fair share, and the working man got a fair break, the country was better for everyone... It's why we enjoyed the power we enjoyed.

If I were a billionaire and saw you progressives coming after my assets? I'd establish residency in the Bahamas. They have zero income tax.

That's awesome. How much are you going to sell in the Bahamas?

To a degree it's true? LOL It's completely true, you buffoon and I think you KNOW that it's completely true! So why would we want to raise taxes on the rich based on a completely false narrative...that doing so would return us to the boom time that we experienced following WWII...when the set of circumstances THEN and NOW are completely different? That would be a flat out lie, Joey...which is what your economic policies would be based on!

Nobody was arguing for communism.

the ironic thing is the reason why the rich went along with unionization and the new deal was because in Russia, the Rich were being taken out and SHOT, and no one felt all that sorry for them.

"Simple. We redistribute the wealth. Make the word "Billionaire" a thing of the past because no one should have that much money."

That's YOU arguing for communism, Joey...only you're two clueless to REALIZE that's what you're arguing for!

To a degree it's true? LOL It's completely true, you buffoon and I think you KNOW that it's completely true! So why would we want to raise taxes on the rich based on a completely false narrative...that doing so would return us to the boom time that we experienced following WWII...when the set of circumstances THEN and NOW are completely different? That would be a flat out lie, Joey...which is what your economic policies would be based on!

Okay, let's look at that. WHEN the rich paid their fair share, our priorities were different. We spent Billlions on infrastructure, education and development... that's what made us the strongest for decades.

It wasn't rich people buying Dressage horses and yachts

The rich are parasites that convinced stupid people like you they are vital organs.

That's YOU arguing for communism, Joey...only you're two clueless to REALIZE that's what you're arguing for!

I'd be more impressed with your reasoning skills if you knew the difference between "Two" and "Too".

Point is, Europe and Japan have already figured this out. That's why they are way ahead of us now.

Okay, let's look at that. WHEN the rich paid their fair share, our priorities were different. We spent Billlions on infrastructure, education and development... that's what made us the strongest for decades.

It wasn't rich people buying Dressage horses and yachts

The rich are parasites that convinced stupid people like you they are vital organs.

I'd be more impressed with your reasoning skills if you knew the difference between "Two" and "Too".

Point is, Europe and Japan have already figured this out. That's why they are way ahead of us now.

What does any of that have to do with the totally false narrative that you're pushing? What made us "strong" back then wasn't that we were taxing the crap out of the rich...nor was it that we were spending billions on infrastructure, education and development! What made us into a Super Power was that we were the only remaining economic power that hadn't been devastated by the Second World War! The Soviet Union was in ruins. So was Germany...France...Great Britain...Japan...China! Every single one of those countries needed to rebuild before they could once again function and by and large they rebuilt themselves with goods and materials coming from the United States. We were literally the engine to restart a global economy and for a good twenty five years our own economy BOOMED because of that!

Your claim that taxing the rich NOW will result in the same thing happening is based on what exactly? Your total lack of understanding of what happened back then?

And I hate to break this to you, Joey...but the rich spent money on frivolous things back then as well. They've been doing that throughout the ages.

What does any of that have to do with the totally false narrative that you're pushing? What made us "strong" back then wasn't that we were taxing the crap out of the rich...nor was it that we were spending billions on infrastructure, education and development! What made us into a Super Power was that we were the only remaining economic power that hadn't been devastated by the Second World War!

Um, yeah, because we taxed the crap out of the rich, nationalized industries, raised the wage of the working class... that's why we survived the war... BECAUSE WE WON!!!

Then the New Dealers went to Germany and Japan and set up the same kinds of systems in those countries, and they went on to beat out asses when we regressed back into Plutocracy.

Your claim that taxing the rich NOW will result in the same thing happening is based on what exactly? Your total lack of understanding of what happened back then?

On I grew up at a time when guys like my dad belong to a union, brought home good union salaries, and we lived a pretty good life, as opposed to now where we all have to work two jobs to keep up.

upload_2019-7-17_5-13-43.jpeg

What does any of that have to do with the totally false narrative that you're pushing? What made us "strong" back then wasn't that we were taxing the crap out of the rich...nor was it that we were spending billions on infrastructure, education and development! What made us into a Super Power was that we were the only remaining economic power that hadn't been devastated by the Second World War!

Um, yeah, because we taxed the crap out of the rich, nationalized industries, raised the wage of the working class... that's why we survived the war... BECAUSE WE WON!!!

Then the New Dealers went to Germany and Japan and set up the same kinds of systems in those countries, and they went on to beat out asses when we regressed back into Plutocracy.

On I grew up at a time when guys like my dad belong to a union, brought home good union salaries, and we lived a pretty good life, as opposed to now where we all have to work two jobs to keep up.

View attachment 269677

You really don't have a clue about history or economics...do you, Joey? You don't seem to grasp that your entire "solution" to our economic problems...taxing the crap out of the rich and nationalizing industries...is what turned countries like Cuba and Venezuela into places you really wouldn't want to live!

You really don't have a clue about history or economics...do you, Joey? You don't seem to grasp that your entire "solution" to our economic problems...taxing the crap out of the rich and nationalizing industries...is what turned countries like Cuba and Venezuela into places you really wouldn't want to live!

Yawn, guy, no, I wouldn't want to live in a colonial nation we've been punishing for decades to standing up to us.

I'd have no problem if America were more like Europe or Japan.

Yawn, guy, no, I wouldn't want to live in a colonial nation we've been punishing for decades to standing up to us.

I'd have no problem if America were more like Europe or Japan.

That's your excuse for why Cuba and Venezuela are awful places to live? Colonialism? LOL You liberals are all alike...it's never the fault of the far left policies that were implemented by your heroes...Castro and Chavez! Oh, no...it's bad 'ole Uncle Sam! Colonialism didn't make Cuba and Venezuela what they are today...that was clueless leftists taking over and screwing things up badly!

Why on earth would America want to be either Japan or Europe? We're the United States of America...an experiment in democracy that has made this country the envy of the rest of the world for well over two hundred years! You can have Japan and Europe...kindly leave what made America great alone!

There will be no executive order to add the citizenship question on the census.

The citizenship question won't be on the census.

trump has given up trying to put it on the census and says he will have the commerce department will get a count of undocumented people another way.

So the republican scheme of trying to cheat is stopped. This time.

Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say
I thought a Democrat would like Trump backing down. They certainly liked it when Obama pulled down his pants and let foreign nations fuck him in the ass.

That's your excuse for why Cuba and Venezuela are awful places to live? Colonialism? LOL You liberals are all alike...it's never the fault of the far left policies that were implemented by your heroes...Castro and Chavez! Oh, no...it's bad 'ole Uncle Sam! Colonialism didn't make Cuba and Venezuela what they are today...that was clueless leftists taking over and screwing things up badly!

again, your ignorance of history.

Here's what JFK said about the Cuban Revolution weeks before his assassination.

I believe that there is no country in the world, including the African regions, including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country's policies during the Batista regime. I believe that we created, built and manufactured the Castro movement out of whole cloth and without realizing it. I believe that the accumulation of these mistakes has jeopardized all of Latin America. The great aim of the Alliance for Progress is to reverse this unfortunate policy. This is one of the most, if not the most, important problems in America foreign policy. I can assure you that I have understood the Cubans. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will go even further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries.

Why on earth would America want to be either Japan or Europe? We're the United States of America...an experiment in democracy that has made this country the envy of the rest of the world for well over two hundred years! You can have Japan and Europe...kindly leave what made America great alone!

If you are white and rich, America is awesome. For the rest of us, not so much If the dumb, poor white trash ever figure it out, you guys are in serious trouble.

I believe that there is no country in the world, including the African regions, including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country's policies during the Batista regime. I believe that we created, built and manufactured the Castro movement out of whole cloth and without realizing it. I believe that the accumulation of these mistakes has jeopardized all of Latin America. The great aim of the Alliance for Progress is to reverse this unfortunate policy. This is one of the most, if not the most, important problems in America foreign policy. I can assure you that I have understood the Cubans. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will go even further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries.

If you are white and rich, America is awesome. For the rest of us, not so much If the dumb, poor white trash ever figure it out, you guys are in serious trouble.

The great thing about America has always been that it was the place where you could succeed despite what your station of life was where you came from. America is "awesome" because you can become wealthy no matter your sex, your skin color, or your religious affiliation! It's why we need walls to keep people out. Cuba on the other hand has people so desperate to get away from their corrupt system of government that they risk their lives on flimsy rafts crossing shark infested waters just to get to America!

he great thing about America has always been that it was the place where you could succeed despite what your station of life was where you came from. America is "awesome" because you can become wealthy no matter your sex, your skin color, or your religious affiliation!

Horseshit. This is a racist society that went absolutely nuts when a black guy got elected because the rich privileged white boy fucked it up. So the "American" solution? Invoke a silly rule to put another clueless privileged white guy in charge.

Cuba on the other hand has people so desperate to get away from their corrupt system of government that they risk their lives on flimsy rafts crossing shark infested waters just to get to America!

Well, yeah, because we offer them a bag full of money to do so... which was our policy during the Cold War. Put enough money out there, and you can get the dumb white trash in Jesusland to do the same thing.

Trying to cheat? On what? Every freaking country in the civilized world counts citizens and aliens in their census and America used to do it until Obama did away with the long form. It seems to me that Justice Roberts allowed the democrats to cheat.

Canada doesn’t. We count citizenship on our income tax forms.

The great thing about America has always been that it was the place where you could succeed despite what your station of life was where you came from. America is "awesome" because you can become wealthy no matter your sex, your skin color, or your religious affiliation! It's why we need walls to keep people out. Cuba on the other hand has people so desperate to get away from their corrupt system of government that they risk their lives on flimsy rafts crossing shark infested waters just to get to America!

That was true until 1980 when Reagan was elected but it is no longer true. When Reagan was elected you had a 20% chance of working your way out of poverty through education and hard work. Under conservative economic policies your chances are now less than 2%.

That was true until 1980 when Reagan was elected but it is no longer true. When Reagan was elected you had a 20% chance of working your way out of poverty through education and hard work. Under conservative economic policies your chances are now less than 2%.

OK, Dragonlady...I'll bite! Where did you pull your 20% and 2% numbers from? What inherent change has taken place between when Reagan was elected and now? What "conservative economic policies" is it that have made it virtually impossible for the lower classes to succeed?

Forum List

Back