trump Backs Down. Again.

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
There will be no executive order to add the citizenship question on the census.

The citizenship question won't be on the census.

trump has given up trying to put it on the census and says he will have the commerce department will get a count of undocumented people another way.

So the republican scheme of trying to cheat is stopped. This time.

Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say

:lol:

Day One: Trump - "I would lik eto do something about XYZ".... liberals be like... (**#%#%+@)!!!! Outrageous!!! Unacceptable!!!! I am outraged!!!
A month later: Trump - "I am not going to do that...." liberals be like "Trump is weak!!! Look at him!!! Can't make up his mind! I am outraged!!!

:rolleyes:

trump has given up trying to put it on the census and says he will have the commerce department will get a count of undocumented people another way.

Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say
He flips more often than a pansexual.

the Census question should give an option to specify or not specify
citizenship, and STATE that this is optional.

So if people don't want to answer it, they don't have to.

Then have an agreement that those who DO answer
that they are citizens can be documented in one count.

And additional answers that didn't specify if they were citizens
can be documented in another count.

Any agency that wants to count both, can do so.
Any agency that only wants to count claimed citizens can also just focus there.

Just make it clear it's not required to answer that question
so there is no pressure on people who may be afraid their answer
will get them in trouble.

That's true.

It's hard to know what is true from that man.

It's near 5pm in the east. If trump was going to do that EO and announce it, he would have done it by now. So I'm more inclined to believe the article.

It's good news.

Trying to "cheat"??? Huh??? Trying to find out how many people are in our country illegally is "trying to cheat"?

That's true.

It's near 5pm in the east. If trump was going to do that EO and announce it, he would have done it by now. So I'm more inclined to believe the article.

It's good news.

Why are you so against the question about citizenship being on the 2020 census?

Cheat? Why is knowing who has citizenship cheating? I would say keeping that info from Americans is cheating.

You're asking a question you know the answer to.

However to be polite, here's the answer to your question:

Dead man's hard drives the 'smoking gun' in census debate?

Now, however, a new wrinkle has emerged on the whole issue in an unusual way—via the hard drives of a deceased Republican strategist. Critics say the hard drives provide evidence for what they've been saying all along, that the citizenship question is a thinly disguised attempt to suppress minority voters and help white Republicans. The Justice Department says that's ridiculous. The Supreme Court has been informed of the new development, but whether it will play a role in justices' deliberations remains unclear. The details:

• The strategist: The GOP's Thomas Hofeller is described by the New York Times as the "Michelangelo of gerrymandering, the architect of partisan political maps that cemented the party's dominance across the country." He died last August, and his estranged daughter, Stephanie Hofeller Lizon, recovered his hard drives.
  • His work: The hard drives, which his daughter gave to the advocacy group Common Cause, detail Hofeller's research in Texas. He concluded that if new voting maps were based not on population but more specifically on the number of American citizens of voting age, they "would be advantageous to Republicans and non-Hispanic whites." And they "would clearly be a disadvantage to the Democrats," he wrote, per the Washington Post.

In other words, like I said in my OP, cheat.

Cheat? Why is knowing who has citizenship cheating? I would say keeping that info from Americans is cheating.

Now, however, a new wrinkle has emerged on the whole issue in an unusual way—via the hard drives of a deceased Republican strategist. Critics say the hard drives provide evidence for what they've been saying all along, that the citizenship question is a thinly disguised attempt to suppress minority voters and help white Republicans. The Justice Department says that's ridiculous. The Supreme Court has been informed of the new development, but whether it will play a role in justices' deliberations remains unclear. The details:

• The strategist: The GOP's Thomas Hofeller is described by the New York Times as the "Michelangelo of gerrymandering, the architect of partisan political maps that cemented the party's dominance across the country." He died last August, and his estranged daughter, Stephanie Hofeller Lizon, recovered his hard drives.
  • His work: The hard drives, which his daughter gave to the advocacy group Common Cause, detail Hofeller's research in Texas. He concluded that if new voting maps were based not on population but more specifically on the number of American citizens of voting age, they "would be advantageous to Republicans and non-Hispanic whites." And they "would clearly be a disadvantage to the Democrats," he wrote, per the Washington Post.

So illegals vote?

99% of the crap that Trump stirs up goes away in a week or less. He's an attention hound wallowing in a pool of self serve " LOOK AT ME "

I have no dog in this fight but the citizenship question does seem very sensible to me.

It’s been on the census before! Democrats are crazy assed people.

I totally agree but I also believe those that expect non-citizens to answer the question honestly are also occupying fantasyland, right next door to the Democrats. Which sums up my indifference on the matter.

That's true.

It's good news.

Why are you so against the question about citizenship being on the 2020 census?

The Census is intended to count all people, not just citizen.

The question would lead to an under count of people.

So illegals vote?

I'll play your game one more time. If you reply the same ridiculous way, I won't reply.

The citizenship question was put there to get an undercount of the population. Specifically in democratic held areas.

If there's an undercount of the population areas won't get the proper funding nor will they get the proper representation in congress. Thus losing seats that the state should have because of its population.

That will give an unfair benefit to republicans.

If you want to dispute that the proof of it was taken to the Supreme Court. At least one conservative judge on that court realized what trump and the republicans are trying to do and that wilber ross lied to the court about their reasons for that question.

Justice Roberts put in his ruling that the reasons the government were "contrived" which means he's saying he doesn't like being lied to.

You can play stupid all you want but all you're doing is making a fool of yourself.

I have no dog in this fight but the citizenship question does seem very sensible to me.

It’s been on the census before! Democrats are crazy assed people.

I totally agree but I also believe those that expect non-citizens to answer the question honestly are also occupying fantasyland, right next door to the Democrats. Which sums up my indifference on the matter.
I don’t expect them to answer honestly, they snuck into the country and stole ID and got jobs illegally. Why would I think them honest?

Without the question the census is absolutely Pointless

Forum List

Back