Trump = Augustus Caesar?

free832man

Rookie
May 26, 2016
I originally posted this in the History Forum, but it was suggested that I move it over here since it has a lot of politics in it. I will just copy and paste what I put in my original post....

Hey everyone :). I'm a new poster here. I am interested in some quality, civil conversation on the idea I propose in this blogpost. It's a brand new blog, and this is my first post, too. I am a writer, but I have never blogged. So, please forgive the terrible formatting on it.

Basically, in the post I propose that the best historical comparison to what Donald Trump hopes to do is what Julius Caesar almost did and what his nephew, Augustus Caesar did do. And that is to turn a Republic into a government run by a dictatorship, or as the Romans called it, an Empire run by an Emperor.

If you like the post, there is a second post on the blog going further into some of the specific things that Donald Trump would need to accomplish to pull it off.

Thanks for you time and I hope you enjoy the post! :)

Donald Trump as Usurper of the Republic – Part 1

I originally posted this in the History Forum, but it was suggested that I move it over here since it has a lot of politics in it. I will just copy and paste what I put in my original post....

Hey everyone :). I'm a new poster here. I am interested in some quality, civil conversation on the idea I propose in this blogpost. It's a brand new blog, and this is my first post, too. I am a writer, but I have never blogged. So, please forgive the terrible formatting on it.

Basically, in the post I propose that the best historical comparison to what Donald Trump hopes to do is what Julius Caesar almost did and what his nephew, Augustus Caesar did do. And that is to turn a Republic into a government run by a dictatorship, or as the Romans called it, an Empire run by an Emperor.

If you like the post, there is a second post on the blog going further into some of the specific things that Donald Trump would need to accomplish to pull it off.

We haven't been a republic since the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of 1933 so I will not even waste my time reading your tripe because you obviously don't have a clue.

Funny thing is if you like seeing America being a GREAT world power both economically and militarily then Augustus Caesar to around 300ad was far greater period of history within the Roman empire for both of those areas compared to the roman republic that came before. This was true for the British Empire, Russian empire and many others(Japanese, and if you want to look really far back the Athens, Greece had its height when it attempted to control the rest of the greek islands. The republics were never as powerful! Of course, I do care about human rights and freedoms so they had their downsides.

It is balance that we must kind in mind.

Since Trump has NO political record, only statements that can, have, or will be altered depending on conditions, how would you be able to compare him to any Dictator...Now with The Obomanation, we have MANY examples of him being a dictator, the latest is the tranny bathroom assault and THREATS to local school boards withholding funding as a direct attack on our traditional culture.

If he is going to turn it into a one ruler led nation why no compare him to Franco,Mussolini,Hitler,Stalin,Mao etc etc etc? I wish we had a one ruler led nation using the leadership principle.

Trump really scares ya.

When George Washington was elected president no one imagined he would leave at the end of his term. All of Europe saw him as King or Emperor. Washington saw a different kind of rule. The citizen president. Politics was discouraged as a career. The citizen would be elected to office, serve, then return to life as a businessman.

Only citizens were able to see the results of political decisions. Trump is the closest to the founder's vision since Washington.

He wants them to write about how he used the Constitution, the House of Representatives, and the Supreme court to serve him, not to serve the people.

I stopped reading after that...you OBVIOUSLY have not been paying attention to Trump in the past 11 months...

Forum List

Back