Trump and his veto of Congress!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Obama’s emergency declarations were aimed at blocking access to property of “certain persons” involved in crises abroad — Ukraine, Burundi, Venezuela, Central African Republic, South Sudan, Yemen, and Libya, among other countries. He also used the declarations to punish the Russian government and transnational organizations.

His only declaration not centered on foreign interests came in 2009, when he declared a national emergency to deal with the H1N1 flu pandemic.

Bush and Clinton were similarly focused on foreign crises in their declarations. Clinton used one to prohibit transactions with the Taliban in 1999; Bush issued several in response to the 2001 terrorist attacks.

AP FACT CHECK: Emergency declarations are not everyday steps
-------------------------------------------

So its not a national emergency, even the Republicans agree.

Obama’s emergency declarations were aimed at blocking access to property of “certain persons” involved in crises abroad — Ukraine, Burundi, Venezuela, Central African Republic, South Sudan, Yemen, and Libya, among other countries. He also used the declarations to punish the Russian government and transnational organizations.

His only declaration not centered on foreign interests came in 2009, when he declared a national emergency to deal with the H1N1 flu pandemic.

Bush and Clinton were similarly focused on foreign crises in their declarations. Clinton used one to prohibit transactions with the Taliban in 1999; Bush issued several in response to the 2001 terrorist attacks.

Twelve Republicans agree out of 50. Not enough. Their objection to his NEO is worth a hill of beans. Once again, the Republicans fail us.

Twelve Republicans agree out of 50. Not enough. Their objection to his NEO is worth a hill of beans. Once again, the Republicans fail us.

Yes it was enough for the bill not to pass. Most things now days take a simple maj vote.

Yes it was enough for the bill not to pass. Most things now days take a simple maj vote.
I can see why to override a veto, there has to be 2/3 vote. I could even agree with it being higher than that. What I can't see is how a single Senator could agree with Trump's hijinx.

I can see why to override a veto, there has to be 2/3 vote. I could even agree with it being higher than that. What I can't see is how a single Senator could agree with Trump's hijinx.

Gawd but you do not think!

Well, I guess that told me.
You got a point?

Straw man argument....Nobody ever said that emergency declarations were everyday steps.

GIGO.

Well, I guess that told me.
You got a point?
There is a point but you are too unintelligent to see it! You parrot the dnc talking points. That’s called not thinking!

I can't help but think that if Obama was in this exact situation as Trump is, he would never have had to
declare a national emergency. Congress would have never tried to block the Bill.....by either side.

Republicans failed you?

Let me explain this is Obama fault and before the left start moaning remember Obama, Pelosi and Reid could have killed this issue but did not!

So because of their failure we are stuck with Trump and his Executive Order...

So remember that and when you say the GOP could do something, well they were elected not to pass any form of Immigration Reform...

Forum List

Back