True or false? Claranc Thomas..former attorney

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RodISHI, Jan 27, 2010.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
  2. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    Clarence Thomas is a Scalia lackey. I don't think the man's had an original thought since he was appointed to the bench. That's bad enough. But I'd hate to think any attorney who's ever worked for any company is pegged for life as a "lackey" of that corporation. I thought lawyers got no credit for loyalty? ;)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,059
    You're either a fucking liar or you never read a Thomas decision; there's no alternative

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    The systems broke, folks.

Shit rolls downhill.

This recent decision regarding campaign funding is a freaking disaster for a democratic republic.

Thomas is a tool.

5. Neotrotsky

Neotrotsky Council to Supreme Soviet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,350
    Freedom of speech is terrible thing for most democratic republics in the soviet style but not ours

But if you want to cut out unions and big corps, at least you would be consistent

6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,059
    Just read that case and opinion; this isn't fucking China, patents really mean something in the USA.

Good decision and good opinion by Thomas

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    The SCROTUMS have become politically partisan.

8. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,248
    The 21%ers think the US Constitution should be this emerging, dynamic, "becomming" document. BS to that.
    God bless Justice Thomas!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  9. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    For the most part I'd say you are correct most don't work for one entity forever but some do work for a company for life, many just sell out when ever where ever, others sell out not realizing what damage they assisted in creating, yet I also know some very fine judges and attorneys who when presented with truth look at any given situation for what it actually is. I have met both over the years. One in particular attorney comes to mind and from his own words one can get the gist of it, "Getting a law degree was the best thing I ever did. It's a license to steal".

The part that I'm am truly concerned with on this whole issue is granting corporate monopolies absolute rights to what is natural. Life does not belong to them. Food is a part of life here on this planet. Without mankind will not and cannot survive. Taking credit and taking over what God created in the natural in this planet and then selling back to the people for they can survive is much worse than some preacher who would take credit for God's work. They can literally destroy millions of lives with their meddling and they have already around the world. It is well documented already. All in the name of control.

The latest take over of seeds and another initiative to kill off small farmers appears to be in this bill.

H.R. 875: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Read The Bill: H.R. 875 - GovTrack.us

I agree with these quotes and I would not limit it to the midwest as it applies to all states where there are people who grow organically and/or save heirloom seeds.

10. beowolfe

beowolfe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +204
    If that would be consistent, why are you arguing the way that you are? Maybe what we should be arguing is not whether or not corporations have been given carte blanch to buy elections; maybe we should be arguing that corporations and unions should be excluded from spending money on campaigns period!

If you think the other side is not being consistent, why would you think that your joining them would improve anything?