True or false? Claranc Thomas..former attorney

Clarence Thomas is a Scalia lackey. I don't think the man's had an original thought since he was appointed to the bench. That's bad enough. But I'd hate to think any attorney who's ever worked for any company is pegged for life as a "lackey" of that corporation. I thought lawyers got no credit for loyalty? ;)

Clarence Thomas is a Scalia lackey. I don't think the man's had an original thought since he was appointed to the bench. That's bad enough. But I'd hate to think any attorney who's ever worked for any company is pegged for life as a "lackey" of that corporation. I thought lawyers got no credit for loyalty? ;)

You're either a fucking liar or you never read a Thomas decision; there's no alternative

The systems broke, folks.

Shit rolls downhill.

This recent decision regarding campaign funding is a freaking disaster for a democratic republic.

Thomas is a tool.

Shit rolls downhill.

This recent decision regarding campaign funding is a freaking disaster for a democratic republic.

Thomas is a tool.

Freedom of speech is terrible thing for most democratic republics in the soviet style but not ours

But if you want to cut out unions and big corps, at least you would be consistent

Just read that case and opinion; this isn't fucking China, patents really mean something in the USA.

Good decision and good opinion by Thomas

The 21%ers think the US Constitution should be this emerging, dynamic, "becomming" document. BS to that.
God bless Justice Thomas!!!

Dickcheney.jpg

Last edited:
For the most part I'd say you are correct most don't work for one entity forever but some do work for a company for life, many just sell out when ever where ever, others sell out not realizing what damage they assisted in creating, yet I also know some very fine judges and attorneys who when presented with truth look at any given situation for what it actually is. I have met both over the years. One in particular attorney comes to mind and from his own words one can get the gist of it, "Getting a law degree was the best thing I ever did. It's a license to steal".

The part that I'm am truly concerned with on this whole issue is granting corporate monopolies absolute rights to what is natural. Life does not belong to them. Food is a part of life here on this planet. Without mankind will not and cannot survive. Taking credit and taking over what God created in the natural in this planet and then selling back to the people for they can survive is much worse than some preacher who would take credit for God's work. They can literally destroy millions of lives with their meddling and they have already around the world. It is well documented already. All in the name of control.

The latest take over of seeds and another initiative to kill off small farmers appears to be in this bill.

H.R. 875: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Read The Bill: H.R. 875 - GovTrack.us

I agree with these quotes and I would not limit it to the midwest as it applies to all states where there are people who grow organically and/or save heirloom seeds.
Excerpts from the article;
"HR 875 directly benefits Monsanto by stopping organic farmers from saving seeds. It imposes a level of red tape that no small farmer could possibly afford to comply with- threatening to impose gigantic fines of a million dollars a day or 10 years in prison for non- compliance. "

On the ground, where reality lives, a farmer in the midwest who has been seed cleaning flax for 40 years with his hand made seed cleaner now can't sell his flax on the market anymore. Never mind there are NO instances of anyone ever having gotten sick from seed cleaning equipment. And a farmer in another part of the midwest who has been cleaning wheat, corn and soy for years with one single perfectly fine piece of equipment would now need three to four and half million dollars for three separate pieces of equipment, in order to satisfy the "food safety" standards.

The FDA isn't so high-bar setting when it comes to other things like melamine in baby formula. Though it has proven to sicken and kill infants, initially the FDA just denied the melamine was in all the corporate baby formula but when people found evidence that it was, the FDA then quickly supplied a "food safety" standard that defined whatever level of melamine that was in the formula as fine.

This game playing about "food safety" standards - one to eliminate farmers by setting the bar so high no one can climb, and one to protect industry by setting the bar so low nothing need be done - is nothing new but now it is being suddenly extended to seeds. And it comes with penalties that make bankrupting farmers in an instant, very easy.

"The effort to eliminate both seed cleaners and seed cleaning equipment tips us off to who is behind this (shhh) and to this new means of controlling seeds and makes it possible to see just a few suspect words in this bill, and sense where things are heading.

Organic farmers are not aware of any of this happening. It appears the organic community is being treated with kid gloves until HR 875 and related bills should be passed, coddled so they don't get wise to what's afoot. And they are too disconnected from traditional farmers to be aware of how the USDA has been tromping on them for years."

"When you know that Monsanto, with the help of the US government, plundered ancient and rare seed banks in Iraq that held seeds with a genetic heritage (a biohistory belonging to all of us) going back 1000s of years and then made it a crime for farmers there to collect or use their own normal and non-patented seeds off their own land, you see how extreme the intent to control is."

Shit rolls downhill.

Thomas is a tool.

Freedom of speech is terrible thing for most democratic republics in the soviet style but not ours

But if you want to cut out unions and big corps, at least you would be consistent

If that would be consistent, why are you arguing the way that you are? Maybe what we should be arguing is not whether or not corporations have been given carte blanch to buy elections; maybe we should be arguing that corporations and unions should be excluded from spending money on campaigns period!

If you think the other side is not being consistent, why would you think that your joining them would improve anything?

For the most part I'd say you are correct most don't work for one entity forever but some do work for a company for life, many just sell out when ever where ever, others sell out not realizing what damage they assisted in creating, yet I also know some very fine judges and attorneys who when presented with truth look at any given situation for what it actually is. I have met both over the years. One in particular attorney comes to mind and from his own words one can get the gist of it, "Getting a law degree was the best thing I ever did. It's a license to steal".

The part that I'm am truly concerned with on this whole issue is granting corporate monopolies absolute rights to what is natural. Life does not belong to them. Food is a part of life here on this planet. Without mankind will not and cannot survive. Taking credit and taking over what God created in the natural in this planet and then selling back to the people for they can survive is much worse than some preacher who would take credit for God's work. They can literally destroy millions of lives with their meddling and they have already around the world. It is well documented already. All in the name of control.

The latest take over of seeds and another initiative to kill off small farmers appears to be in this bill.

H.R. 875: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Read The Bill: H.R. 875 - GovTrack.us

I agree with these quotes and I would not limit it to the midwest as it applies to all states where there are people who grow organically and/or save heirloom seeds.
Excerpts from the article;
"HR 875 directly benefits Monsanto by stopping organic farmers from saving seeds. It imposes a level of red tape that no small farmer could possibly afford to comply with- threatening to impose gigantic fines of a million dollars a day or 10 years in prison for non- compliance. "

On the ground, where reality lives, a farmer in the midwest who has been seed cleaning flax for 40 years with his hand made seed cleaner now can't sell his flax on the market anymore. Never mind there are NO instances of anyone ever having gotten sick from seed cleaning equipment. And a farmer in another part of the midwest who has been cleaning wheat, corn and soy for years with one single perfectly fine piece of equipment would now need three to four and half million dollars for three separate pieces of equipment, in order to satisfy the "food safety" standards.

The FDA isn't so high-bar setting when it comes to other things like melamine in baby formula. Though it has proven to sicken and kill infants, initially the FDA just denied the melamine was in all the corporate baby formula but when people found evidence that it was, the FDA then quickly supplied a "food safety" standard that defined whatever level of melamine that was in the formula as fine.

This game playing about "food safety" standards - one to eliminate farmers by setting the bar so high no one can climb, and one to protect industry by setting the bar so low nothing need be done - is nothing new but now it is being suddenly extended to seeds. And it comes with penalties that make bankrupting farmers in an instant, very easy.

"The effort to eliminate both seed cleaners and seed cleaning equipment tips us off to who is behind this (shhh) and to this new means of controlling seeds and makes it possible to see just a few suspect words in this bill, and sense where things are heading.

Organic farmers are not aware of any of this happening. It appears the organic community is being treated with kid gloves until HR 875 and related bills should be passed, coddled so they don't get wise to what's afoot. And they are too disconnected from traditional farmers to be aware of how the USDA has been tromping on them for years."

"When you know that Monsanto, with the help of the US government, plundered ancient and rare seed banks in Iraq that held seeds with a genetic heritage (a biohistory belonging to all of us) going back 1000s of years and then made it a crime for farmers there to collect or use their own normal and non-patented seeds off their own land, you see how extreme the intent to control is."

I'll be honest, I haven't read this particular decision, but I've read plenty of Thomas' decisions in other cases to have a feel for him. I'll give Thomas props, he's smart. But like a lot of smart, visionary people he's extreme and a crusader for an ideological agenda - and he's cast his political lot with Scalia, a fellow ideologue. They're not the only ones, but they're probably the most visible because they're a two-man team.

So the short answer is, I doubt because Thomas once worked for Monsanto that he gives them special favors. I think finding in their favor merely fit his "vision" and had the support of his mentor.

Yall's be forgett'n... Clarence Thomas is the WRONG KINDA NEGRO!!!!!!!!

Democrats view him as just another "uppity black" who should be fetching them coffee.

Yall's be forgett'n... Clarence Thomas is the WRONG KINDA NEGRO!!!!!!!!

Democrats view him as just another "uppity black" who should be fetching them coffee.
What an ignorant statement on your part. As much as some would like to be devisive and keep hatred going others will not always fall for it whether they are republican or democrat. At this both parties are lacking in protecting freedom and liberty for all in this country for it's people. Both have made tremendous mistakes that are now coming back to haunt this country. If that is not obvious to you then I truly do feel sorry for you. Race is only a means that is used to bait the unsuspecting into fighting over a non issue. It like many other non issues are used as a diversion to keep people looking at issues that affect all no matter what color they are or what their political preferences are.

Clarence Thomas is among the most deliberate, and well reasoned members of the Court in the last half century.

Period.

And man oh man does he provoke the liberal racism inherent in this country - for that is indeed where the true racism has long found a home in America...

Obviously these personal smears against Clarence Thomas are both shallow and ignorant. "The man has never had an original thought?" And how would you Liberal wing nuts know this? You don't know the man personally do you? In reality Clarence Thomas is far more educated and reasoned than most Liberal wing nuts who are here smearing him. The man believes in Free Speech. I applaud his decision. Just because you disagree with him does not make him a "Scalia Lackey" or incapable of original thought. This is exactly why more & more people are distancing themselves from the Liberal wing nuts. Sane people are getting so sick of the personal smears. I think Liberals are gonna have to learn this the hard way in coming elections. God lets hope so.

Forum List

Back