Trucking Giant To Declare Bankruptcy

Companys are begging for local and over-the-road drivers. Many are encouraging husband/wife teams to sign up.

Almost every radio ad that I hear offering employment in my area are trucking firms, They range form Walmart, UPS, and other major trucking companies right down to local haulers. They cannot find enough drivers. That flies in the face of any downturn in the trucking industry.

You know absolutely nothing about the trucking industry.

There are totally different types of truck drivers. Company and Owner operators. Company drivers get paid far less but then they don't have to worry about the truck. These megas like Celadon underbid all the OO's which drive down freight rates. Sure, the megas are always looking for drivers but that's like saying that retail must be strong because Wal Mart is always looking for employees. There is a reason that these bottom feeder companies are always looking for drivers yet haven't expanded the size of their fleets in years, if not decades. Because GOOD drivers leave for better companies that pay more and have better equipment.

Sure, megas are ALWAYS ready to hire on low skilled drivers at bottom feeder wages. But that does NOT mean the industry as a whole is doing well at all. But as a whole, mega's are hated in the trucking industry because they're like Wal Mart. They underbid and drive out the little guy, i.e. the one-truck mom and pop operations.

Celedon failed because their lenders wanted their money. They were poorly managed and they were bottom feeders.

Excuse me! I posted about all of the ads I heard on the radio. The ads say they are always hiring. Did I say I knew anything about the trucking industry? Did I mention my brother and son were both truck drivers?

Why does an airplane mechanic know anything about trucking?

Why are you being an obnoxious twit?

Because you're acting like you know WTF you're talking about. I'm a fucking truck driver. I've been driving for years. I live in this industry. I'm ALSO a licensed airplane mechanic but there is no law stating an airplane mechanic can't drive a truck.

I never said anything that you should disagree with. Why are you getting all bent out of shape about it? I told you my observations. Feel free to disagree, but facts are facts!

Because I'm definitely attacking your "radio ads" that "fly in the face of a downturn in the industry." Which is why I said you know NOTHING about this industry if you think a fucking radio ad from a mega advertising a low paying bottom end driving job as an indication that the trucking industry is doing so great.

Why would I lie about something like that, dumbass?

Guess what I heard on the radio on my way to work this afternoon? There were two more ads from trucking companies looking to hire drivers. I listen to about 5 different stations and I hear them mostly on the local stations. The ads even spelled out the pay and benefits offered.

Now, again, why would I lie about that?

Let's see you tear into Longknife because, according to you, he must be lying too!

Last edited:
Obama energy policy caused the economic problems.
Period.
You’re a dishonest partisan hack.
Obama energy policy caused the economic problems.
Period.
You’re a dishonest partisan hack.
Wall Street derivatives crashed the global economy in 2008, and they are poised to do the same today (on Trump's watch).

BIS Drops a Bombshell: Four U.S. Mega Banks Are Core of Repo Loan Crisis

"The risks posed by a handful of banks in the derivatives market is even more concentrated.

"According to a quarterly report from the federal regulator of national banks, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), just five banks control 82 percent of the $280 trillion in notional (face amount) of derivatives at the 25 largest bank holding companies.

"Derivatives played a critical role in blowing up Wall Street banks in 2008 and resulted in the largest taxpayer and Federal Reserve bailout of any industry in U.S. history.

"Despite that epic crisis, which produced the worst economic downturn in the United States since the Great Depression, Wall Street lobbyists have continued to stymie meaningful reform and have actually convinced the Trump administration to engage in weakening the inadequate regulations that Congress passed in 2010 under the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation."
You’re a dishonest hack.
The market issue was a correction. Obama energy policy tanked the economy.
energy production rose under Obama
Dropped on public land/water. Shot up on private owned land.

It rise in spite of Barry Hussein

Who cares what land. Energy production went up you fucking moron & someone said it tanked.
It rose in spite of Obama.

Forum List

Back