Trucking Giant To Declare Bankruptcy

Dems pray for a stock market collapse every day because they hate Trump and most of them are too stupid to know how that would hurt them personally....

Leftists don't care about the standard of living of their fellow Americans, they care about the Democratic Party.

Those who have actually learned about economics, I had to take the classes for my degree in accounting, see several serious indicators that this economy is in trouble. Lowering interest rates can only go so far. It won't put money in the hands of those who drive our economy, the middle class and poor.

It also won't resolve the trade issues America has with other nations.

First thing we can do is get the Canadian and Mexican trucks off our roads. We can very easily and quickly go back to the policy we had for literally decades, not allow foreign trucks on our roads.

We all know that the trade issues are not going to be resolved until after the 2020 election but I don't know if our economy can last that long.

Almost every radio ad that I hear offering employment in my area are trucking firms, They range form Walmart, UPS, and other major trucking companies right down to local haulers. They cannot find enough drivers. That flies in the face of any downturn in the trucking industry.

You know absolutely nothing about the trucking industry.

There are totally different types of truck drivers. Company and Owner operators. Company drivers get paid far less but then they don't have to worry about the truck. These megas like Celadon underbid all the OO's which drive down freight rates. Sure, the megas are always looking for drivers but that's like saying that retail must be strong because Wal Mart is always looking for employees. There is a reason that these bottom feeder companies are always looking for drivers yet haven't expanded the size of their fleets in years, if not decades. Because GOOD drivers leave for better companies that pay more and have better equipment.

Sure, megas are ALWAYS ready to hire on low skilled drivers at bottom feeder wages. But that does NOT mean the industry as a whole is doing well at all. But as a whole, mega's are hated in the trucking industry because they're like Wal Mart. They underbid and drive out the little guy, i.e. the one-truck mom and pop operations.

Celedon failed because their lenders wanted their money. They were poorly managed and they were bottom feeders.

Last edited:
Those who have actually learned about economics, I had to take the classes for my degree in accounting, see several serious indicators that this economy is in trouble. Lowering interest rates can only go so far. It won't put money in the hands of those who drive our economy, the middle class and poor.

First thing we can do is get the Canadian and Mexican trucks off our roads. We can very easily and quickly go back to the policy we had for literally decades, not allow foreign trucks on our roads.

We all know that the trade issues are not going to be resolved until after the 2020 election but I don't know if our economy can last that long.

Almost every radio ad that I hear offering employment in my area are trucking firms, They range form Walmart, UPS, and other major trucking companies right down to local haulers. They cannot find enough drivers. That flies in the face of any downturn in the trucking industry.

There are totally different types of truck drivers. Company and Owner operators. Company drivers get paid far less but then they don't have to worry about the truck. These megas like Celadon underbid all the OO's which drive down freight rates. Sure, the megas are always looking for drivers but that's like saying that retail must be strong because Wal Mart is always looking for employees. There is a reason that these bottom feeder companies are always looking for drivers yet haven't expanded the size of their fleets in years, if not decades. Because GOOD drivers leave for better companies that pay more and have better equipment.

Sure, megas are ALWAYS ready to hire on low skilled drivers at bottom feeder wages. But that does NOT mean the industry as a whole is doing well at all. But as a whole, mega's are hated in the trucking industry because they're like Wal Mart. They underbid and drive out the little guy, i.e. the one-truck mom and pop operations.

Celedon failed because their lenders wanted their money. They were poorly managed and they were bottom feeders.

Excuse me! I posted about all of the ads I heard on the radio. The ads say they are always hiring. Did I say I knew anything about the trucking industry? Did I mention my brother and son were both truck drivers?

Why does an airplane mechanic know anything about trucking?

Why are you being an obnoxious twit?

Excuse me! I posted about all of the ads I heard on the radio. The ads say they are always hiring. Did I say I knew anything about the trucking industry? Did I mention my brother and son were both truck drivers?

Because you're acting like you know WTF you're talking about. I'm a fucking truck driver. I've been driving for years. I live in this industry. I'm ALSO a licensed airplane mechanic but there is no law stating an airplane mechanic can't drive a truck.

This is one of the largest trucking companies in the nation. It's one out of 640 trucking companies that went bankrupt this year. Which is 3 times as many that went bankrupt last year. This will result in over 3 thousand truckers to lose their jobs. Many are being stranded without a way to get home.

It's being described as a bloodbath.

All of this can't be put on trump. The bush boy started to allow truckers from Canada and Mexico on our highways. Before the bush boy all goods were taken to the US border then handed over to our truckers to distribute throughout the nation.

trump's tariff war and canceling of NAFTA have taken a huge toll on the trucking industry. The fact that manufacturing is in recession is also harming the industry. The trucking industry has been in recession for 11 months.

This can't go on without serious consequences and damage to our nation.

An American trucking giant is slated to declare bankruptcy — and it may leave more than 3,200 truck drivers stranded and jobless

Another 1,000 truck drivers lost their jobs in November, and it's a chilling sign for the economy

America's largest truck-engine manufacturer just announced 2,000 layoffs — and it's another sign of the trucking 'bloodbath' that's slamming the $800 billion industry

Truckers are becoming more and more pessimistic about the US economy

Truckers can't pay off their fuel cards — and it's a 'sure sign' that more trucking bankruptcies are coming

Manufacturing is in a recession?

Are you high?

This is one of the largest trucking companies in the nation. It's one out of 640 trucking companies that went bankrupt this year. Which is 3 times as many that went bankrupt last year. This will result in over 3 thousand truckers to lose their jobs. Many are being stranded without a way to get home.

All of this can't be put on trump. The bush boy started to allow truckers from Canada and Mexico on our highways. Before the bush boy all goods were taken to the US border then handed over to our truckers to distribute throughout the nation.

trump's tariff war and canceling of NAFTA have taken a huge toll on the trucking industry. The fact that manufacturing is in recession is also harming the industry. The trucking industry has been in recession for 11 months.

An American trucking giant is slated to declare bankruptcy — and it may leave more than 3,200 truck drivers stranded and jobless

Another 1,000 truck drivers lost their jobs in November, and it's a chilling sign for the economy

America's largest truck-engine manufacturer just announced 2,000 layoffs — and it's another sign of the trucking 'bloodbath' that's slamming the $800 billion industry

Truckers can't pay off their fuel cards — and it's a 'sure sign' that more trucking bankruptcies are coming

Manufacturing is in a recession?

Are you high?

A recession? Not really. Is it backing off? Bigtime.

Manufacturing Sputters as Broader U.S. Economy Slows

Because you're acting like you know WTF you're talking about. I'm a fucking truck driver. I've been driving for years. I live in this industry. I'm ALSO a licensed airplane mechanic but there is no law stating an airplane mechanic can't drive a truck.

I never said anything that you should disagree with. Why are you getting all bent out of shape about it? I told you my observations. Feel free to disagree, but facts are facts!

I never said anything that you should disagree with. Why are you getting all bent out of shape about it? I told you my observations. Feel free to disagree, but facts are facts!

Because I'm definitely attacking your "radio ads" that "fly in the face of a downturn in the industry." Which is why I said you know NOTHING about this industry if you think a fucking radio ad from a mega advertising a low paying bottom end driving job as an indication that the trucking industry is doing so great.

Slick Willy signed NAFTA, not Bush.
Jesus fuck you people get stupid ,

NAFTA was negotiated by George HW Bush. He signed it along with the leaders of Mexico and Canada.

The treaty failed to be ratified in Congress thanks to Democrat opposition.

Instead the proposals in NAFTA were written into a bill & it passed both houses of Congress. (passing took fewer votes than ratifying) The Senate passed is veto proof.

Bill Clinton signed the bill.
Thanks for confirming Slick Willy signed NAFTA into law.

Oops!

Talk about throwing the baby out with bath water!
What an idiot! You want economic hardship just because you don’t like republicans?
You’re insane!
Talk about throwing the baby out with bath water!
What an idiot! You want economic hardship just because you don’t like republicans?
You’re insane!
You're illiterate.
Recognizing similarities between the Trump and Bush economies is not wanting "economic hardship" it's simply acknowledging the inevitable

MW-HL737_consum_20190619152202_NS.png

U.S. consumer debt is now above levels hit during the 2008 financial crisis

"Analyzing growing consumer leverage another way, Mohr said the ratio of debt compared against the U.S. population estimated at 327 million, according to U.S. Census Bureau data, translates to a record per-person debt ratio at $41.77, surpassing the ratio of $41.68 back in 2008.

"Check out: The richest 10% of households now represent 70% of all U.S. wealth"

Trump has done nothing to change rising levels of debt for 90% of all Americans, and that makes the next economic collapse certain at some point.

Who will Trump blame for that failure?
Obama energy policy caused the economic problems.
Period.
You’re a dishonest partisan hack.
Period.
Wall Street derivatives crashed the global economy in 2008, and they are poised to do the same today (on Trump's watch).

BIS Drops a Bombshell: Four U.S. Mega Banks Are Core of Repo Loan Crisis

"The risks posed by a handful of banks in the derivatives market is even more concentrated.

"According to a quarterly report from the federal regulator of national banks, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), just five banks control 82 percent of the $280 trillion in notional (face amount) of derivatives at the 25 largest bank holding companies.

"Derivatives played a critical role in blowing up Wall Street banks in 2008 and resulted in the largest taxpayer and Federal Reserve bailout of any industry in U.S. history.

"Despite that epic crisis, which produced the worst economic downturn in the United States since the Great Depression, Wall Street lobbyists have continued to stymie meaningful reform and have actually convinced the Trump administration to engage in weakening the inadequate regulations that Congress passed in 2010 under the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation."
You’re a dishonest hack.
The market issue was a correction. Obama energy policy tanked the economy.
energy production rose under Obama
Dropped on public land/water. Shot up on private owned land.

It rise in spite of Barry Hussein

You're illiterate.
Recognizing similarities between the Trump and Bush economies is not wanting "economic hardship" it's simply acknowledging the inevitable

MW-HL737_consum_20190619152202_NS.png

U.S. consumer debt is now above levels hit during the 2008 financial crisis

"Analyzing growing consumer leverage another way, Mohr said the ratio of debt compared against the U.S. population estimated at 327 million, according to U.S. Census Bureau data, translates to a record per-person debt ratio at $41.77, surpassing the ratio of $41.68 back in 2008.

"Check out: The richest 10% of households now represent 70% of all U.S. wealth"

Trump has done nothing to change rising levels of debt for 90% of all Americans, and that makes the next economic collapse certain at some point.

Who will Trump blame for that failure?
Period.
Period.
Wall Street derivatives crashed the global economy in 2008, and they are poised to do the same today (on Trump's watch).

"The risks posed by a handful of banks in the derivatives market is even more concentrated.

"According to a quarterly report from the federal regulator of national banks, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), just five banks control 82 percent of the $280 trillion in notional (face amount) of derivatives at the 25 largest bank holding companies.

"Derivatives played a critical role in blowing up Wall Street banks in 2008 and resulted in the largest taxpayer and Federal Reserve bailout of any industry in U.S. history.

"Despite that epic crisis, which produced the worst economic downturn in the United States since the Great Depression, Wall Street lobbyists have continued to stymie meaningful reform and have actually convinced the Trump administration to engage in weakening the inadequate regulations that Congress passed in 2010 under the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation."
You’re a dishonest hack.

Who cares what land. Energy production went up you fucking moron & someone said it tanked.

Slick Willy signed NAFTA, not Bush.
Jesus fuck you people get stupid ,

NAFTA was negotiated by George HW Bush. He signed it along with the leaders of Mexico and Canada.

The treaty failed to be ratified in Congress thanks to Democrat opposition.

Instead the proposals in NAFTA were written into a bill & it passed both houses of Congress. (passing took fewer votes than ratifying) The Senate passed is veto proof.

Bill Clinton signed the bill.
Thanks for confirming Slick Willy signed NAFTA into law.

Oops!
No ooops. You are not going to lie your way out of this.

NAFTA is a trade agreement. It was signed by George HW Bush. You lying is not going to change that.

What Bill Clinton signed was a bill passed by Congress emulating NAFTA.

You assfucks lie, get caught, & then pretend you never lied. You're a fucking idiot.

Bill Clinton never signed NAFTA.

Period.
Period.

You’re a dishonest hack.

Who cares what land. Energy production went up you fucking moron & someone said it tanked.
Obama cared what land. He wanted to stop it but couldn’t because it was on private land.
Get your head out of Obama’s ass.

Oh here it is, I've been waiting for this, Dana.
I've said that when the russia russia russia falls flat and the ukraine going south fast, that the next
thing is to talk down the economy.....on que, here it is. Thank you for not disappointing.
Wages going up, unemployment at historic lows and inflation in check......not seeing the impending of the doom
and gloom of a recession.
Other than the skyrocketing deficits, the Fed ailing us out, slowing global economy.

The Ukraine is alive & well as your fast assed orange buddy is about to be impeached by the House.

You’re a dishonest hack.

Obama cared what land. He wanted to stop it but couldn’t because it was on private land.

Did energy production go up or not. Did it tank? No. So fuck off.

Obama blocked oil & gas companies from raping our parks & monuments & public lands. You assfucks whined & cried & said it will kill energy production.

But guess what, it didn't.

You want oil & gas drilling, do it on your own fucking land.

You’re a dishonest hack.

Did energy production go up or not. Did it tank? No. So fuck off.

Obama blocked oil & gas companies from raping our parks & monuments & public lands. You assfucks whined & cried & said it will kill energy production.

But guess what, it didn't.

You want oil & gas drilling, do it on your own fucking land.
Make up your mind. Either you want an improved economy or you want to abide by democrat-imposed socialistic control and failure. Can’t have both.

Oh here it is, I've been waiting for this, Dana.
I've said that when the russia russia russia falls flat and the ukraine going south fast, that the next
thing is to talk down the economy.....on que, here it is. Thank you for not disappointing.
Wages going up, unemployment at historic lows and inflation in check......not seeing the impending of the doom
and gloom of a recession.
Other than the skyrocketing deficits, the Fed ailing us out, slowing global economy.

The Ukraine is alive & well as your fast assed orange buddy is about to be impeached by the House.
Impeached by a partisan vote....sure holds a lot of weight, fake dave. :auiqs.jpg:

There is a slowing global economy and just shows that we do have a good economy.
Yeah deficits are rising, how about we slow down the spending? You didn't make
a peep when the deficits were going nuclear under the prior administration. play politics much, fake?

Have you taken a drive on an interstate lately?.....there are thousands of trucks on the road...more than we have seen in years....one company out of hundreds going for chapter 11 is not a sign of anything but poor management.....and they will rearrange their debt and the predicted layoffs will not materialize.....
All full with new Democrat voters, eh buncy?

Have you taken a drive on an interstate lately?.....there are thousands of trucks on the road...more than we have seen in years....one company out of hundreds going for chapter 11 is not a sign of anything but poor management.....and they will rearrange their debt and the predicted layoffs will not materialize.....
All full with new Democrat voters, eh buncy?
They can't get in to our country like they once have...those days are over.....the dems are losing thousands of voters due to Trump's wall....Buaaahahahahaha!

Forum List

Back