Troops Want to Stay In Iraq

There are just as many screwball Republicans as there are Democrats. John McCain needs to retire to a gated, private coummunity for "older" folks.

Seems there a lot more screwball Dems then screwball Republicans

McCain should shut up, join the Dems, and make it official

perhaps you failed to notice that that was the opinion of one man?

Since when do libs give a damn what the troops say? Libs are to busy smearing them and saying they cannot win the war to listen to what they have to say

Since when do libs give a damn what the troops say? Libs are to busy smearing them and saying they cannot win the war to listen to what they have to say

I care a great deal with the troops say. I speak with them in emails every single week. I just got back from the airport where we welcomed the son of one of my co-workers back. The point is.... you posted an article from one servicemember and want to pass that off as PROOF that ALL the troops are fully supportive of this war and that they ALL want to stay in Iraq and continue to fight it. That is not a conclusion that you have any right to draw based upon the writings of one man.

I care a great deal with the troops say. I speak with them in emails every single week. I just got back from the airport where we welcomed the son of one of my co-workers back. The point is.... you posted an article from one servicemember and want to pass that off as PROOF that ALL the troops are fully supportive of this war and that they ALL want to stay in Iraq and continue to fight it. That is not a conclusion that you have any right to draw based upon the writings of one man.

I have posted many articles with quotes from many swervicemenvers. You have constantly dismissed them

Now today the Dems spit in their faces with their surrender bill and have made the terrorists very happy

I have posted many articles with quotes from many swervicemenvers. You have constantly dismissed them

Now today the Dems spit in their faces with their surrender bill and have made the terrorists very happy

many quotes.... have you posted 80 thousand quotes? no. YOu have posted 20 quotes...or less.... that is 20 serivemenbers. Are you suggesting that is a valid sample size? How can you begin to portray the idea that you KNOW how "the troops" feel about the war in Iraq? Have you ever even talked to one yourself? Do you even KNOW anyone who is there or has been there? Do you know a majority of them?

many quotes.... have you posted 80 thousand quotes? no. YOu have posted 20 quotes...or less.... that is 20 serivemenbers. Are you suggesting that is a valid sample size? How can you begin to portray the idea that you KNOW how "the troops" feel about the war in Iraq? Have you ever even talked to one yourself? Do you even KNOW anyone who is there or has been there? Do you know a majority of them?

I have posted articles with multiple interviews and videos on those articles with dozens of servicemen

Of course sine it was Fox News, libs like you dismiss them as staged

Yes I know several over in Iraq and they do want to finish the job - of course they have to with no help from the Defeatocrats

On the other hand, when 60 minutes puts a few anti war vets on the air libs see that as the overwhelming majority opinion

I have posted articles with multiple interviews and videos on those articles with dozens of servicemen

Of course sine it was Fox News, libs like you dismiss them as staged

Yes I know several over in Iraq and they do want to finish the job - of course they have to with no help from the Defeatocrats

On the other hand, when 60 minutes puts a few anti war vets on the air libs see that as the overwhelming majority opinion

dozens.... wow.

there are 150 thousand troops over there and you have got dozens to back up your claim that "the troops all want to stay".

dozens.

if I were to post the emails from "dozens" of national guardsmen who think that the war is stupid and attempted to make the claim that, based upon those "dozens" of emails, it is PROOF that all the troops want us to leave, you would laugh me off the thread....

give me that same right.

dozens.... wow.

there are 150 thousand troops over there and you have got dozens to back up your claim that "the troops all want to stay".

dozens.

if I were to post the emails from "dozens" of national guardsmen who think that the war is stupid and attempted to make the claim that, based upon those "dozens" of emails, it is PROOF that all the troops want us to leave, you would laugh me off the thread....

give me that same right.

So you laugh off my posts yet libs run with a few anti war vets on 60 minutes or the network news

If the troops want the war to end, they have a strange way of showing it with reenlistments up

I would like to see how the troops feel about the surrender bill Dems passed today

So you laugh off my posts yet libs run with a few anti war vets on 60 minutes or the network news

If the troops want the war to end, they have a strange way of showing it with reenlistments up

I would like to see how the troops feel about the surrender bill Dems passed today
I don't laugh off your posts....I only question your right to claim that your "dozens of articles" represent "all the troops". When have I ever "run with a few anti war vets on 60 minutes?

I am trying to have a conversation with YOU....not every conservative .... why don't you talk to ME instead of denigrating every variety of liberal in America.?

And you have obviously never been in the service.

"Take us out of that vacuum -- and it's on the edge now -- and boom, it would become a free-for-all," said Lt. Col. Mark Suich, who commands the 1st Squadron, 89th Cavalry Regiment just south of Baghdad. "It would be a raw contention for power. That would be the bloodiest piece of this war."

The soldiers declined to discuss the political jousting back home, but they expressed support for the Bush administration's approach to the war, which they described as sticking with a tumultuous situation to give Iraq a chance to stand on its own.

Leading Democrats have argued for a timeline to bring U.S. troops home, because obvious progress has been elusive, especially in Baghdad, and even some Republican lawmakers have recently called for a change in strategy. But soldiers criticized the idea of a precipitate withdrawal, largely because they believe their hard work would go for naught.

Capt. Jim Modlin, 26, of Oceanport, N.J., said he thought the situation in Iraq had improved between his deployment in 2003 and his return this year as a liaison officer to Iraqi security forces with the 3rd Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment, based here on FOB Sykes outside Tall Afar. Modlin described himself as more liberal than conservative and said he had already cast his absentee ballot in Texas. He said he believed that U.S. elected officials would lead the military in the right direction, regardless of what happens Tuesday.

"Pulling out now would be as bad or worse than going forward with no changes," Modlin said. "Sectarian violence would be rampant, democracy would cease to exist, and the rule of law would be decimated. It's not 'stay the course,' and it's not 'cut and run' or other political catchphrases. There are people's lives here. There are so many different dynamics that go on here that a simple solution just isn't possible."

Soldiers and officers had difficulty conveying what victory in Iraq would look like or exactly how to achieve it. In some ways, victory is a moving target, they said, one that relies heavily on the Iraqi people gaining trust in the Iraqi security forces and the ability of the Iraqi government to support essential services. In northern Iraq, officials said they expect to hand over major parts of the country to Iraqi forces within the next five months, but most agree that Baghdad will be far behind.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...6/11/05/AR2006110500770.html?nav=most_emailed

one is left with the conclusion that you really are incapable of expressing any sort of independent thought. Maybe all you really are is a newsbot..... and here I've been trying to communicate with it!:rofl:

one is left with the conclusion that you really are incapable of expressing any sort of independent thought. Maybe all you really are is a newsbot..... and here I've been trying to communicate with it!:rofl:

and members of the Bush hating, terrorist coddling, USA bashing, military loathing left cannot stand to see any support for Pres Bush and the war coming from the "uneducated" US military

and members of the Bush hating, terrorist coddling, USA bashing, military loathing left cannot stand to see any support for Pres Bush and the war coming from the "uneducated" US military

I do, in fact, dislike our president. I do not, nor have I ever "coddled" terrorists. I most certainly do not "loathe" the military. And I welcome and rejoice in the fact that men and women in the military, regardless of the diversity of their opinions about this war, do their jobs with honor and professionalism.

I do, in fact, dislike our president. I do not, nor have I ever "coddled" terrorists. I most certainly do not "loathe" the military. And I welcome and rejoice in the fact that men and women in the military, regardless of the diversity of their opinions about this war, do their jobs with honor and professionalism.

The why do you continue to support the Dems who have insulted and smeared them?

Why are do you continue to support the Dems who voted for surrender at all costs yesterday?

The why do you continue to support the Dems who have insulted and smeared them?

Why are do you continue to support the Dems who voted for surrender at all costs yesterday?

None of the democrats that represent me have ever insulted or smeared our troops.

I disagree with your mischaracterization of the bill that passed the house yesterday.

And while I may have my disagreements with many democrats and their statements about this war, they still share my overall political philosophy to a profoundly greater extent than any republican outside of the two moderates who serve in the US senate from my state.

None of the democrats that represent me have ever insulted or smeared our troops.

I disagree with your mischaracterization of the bill that passed the house yesterday.

And while I may have my disagreements with many democrats and their statements about this war, they still share my overall political philosophy to a profoundly greater extent than any republican outside of the two moderates who serve in the US senate from my state.

Oh yea, you still lie and cover for them despite all the times I posted their quotes

I suppose you consider peanut storage sheds vital military spending. Also, demanding 15 days notice to Congress before the CIC can deploy troops and calling for a pull out date is not tying the hands of the military is not surrender?

Not to a panty wearing lib I guess

Oh yea, you still lie and cover for them despite all the times I posted their quotes

I suppose you consider peanut storage sheds vital military spending. Also, demanding 15 days notice to Congress before the CIC can deploy troops and calling for a pull out date is not tying the hands of the military is not surrender?

Not to a panty wearing lib I guess

no...it is definitely not surrender.

and I call you on it when you misconstrue and improperly define words. Speak with precision as I do and we wouldn't have as many problems.

Forum List

Back