Troops Want to Stay In Iraq

How do you reason around that?
Isn't the war won? Is it a war you are fighting in Iraq? (Terminology-issue)

You have elected Dems insulting and smearing the US military

You have Dems in DC trying to find a back door way of cutting off funding for the war

You have polls (libs love polls when it supports their views) the people of Iraq want the US to stay and finish the job

You have troops speaking out saying they want to stay

Meanwhile, the Dems do nothing but undermine the President and the troops

You have elected Dems insulting and smearing the US military

You have Dems in DC trying to find a back door way of cutting off funding for the war

You have polls (libs love polls when it supports their views) the people of Iraq want the US to stay and finish the job

You have troops speaking out saying they want to stay

Meanwhile, the Dems do nothing but undermine the President and the troops

I didn't mean that! Sorry.
I ment the war. Is Iraq still considered as a war?

I didn't mean that! Sorry.
I ment the war. Is Iraq still considered as a war?

I was NOT talking about you - moonbats like MM are the underminers

We are no longer fighting the army of Iraq, now we are fighting terrorists who want to take over Iarq and take orders from Iran

To libs, their are no terrorists in Iraq only freedom fighters (Unless you listen to John Kerry who called the US troops terrorists)

Then I guess you don't know much about the military than you think. I know people who joined the marines/army because they have NO WHERE else to go. To them it's mainly FINANCIAL.

Spoken like a true lib. Next, you will agree with John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry that they are uneducated as well

With a 4.5% unemployment rate the economy is doing great - much to your dismay

If you are not to busy protesting against them - try asking them why they serve

Then I guess you don't know much about the military than you think. I know people who joined the marines/army because they have NO WHERE else to go. To them it's mainly FINANCIAL.

I disagree.... I found that most folks join the military for a mixture of reasons....patriotism.... educational opportunities... the chance to learn a trade....the chance to travel and see the world... a pretty great career with great benefits and a kickass retirement package.... but patriotism tops the list.

Having said that, being patriotic about the overall mission of any one of our armed forces does not mean that the service member is or even needs to be fully supportive of any one particular mission that they find themselves participating in.... it is their job to go do what the suits in DC tell them to do. Doing their job well...whatever it is...gives them a sense of pride even when they may personally disagree with the foreign policy that drives that mission.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I disagree.... I found that most folks join the military for a mixture of reasons....patriotism.... educational opportunities... the chance to learn a trade....the chance to travel and see the world... a pretty great career with great benefits and a kickass retirement package.... but patriotism tops the list.

Having said that, being patriotic about the overall mission of any one of our armed forces does not mean that the service member is or even needs to be fully supportive of any one particular mission that they find themselves participating in.... it is their job to go do what the suits in DC tell them to do. Doing their job well...whatever it is...gives them a sense of pride even when they may personally disagree with the foreign policy that drives that mission.

Yup. There are even missions they DO agree withand WANT to do, even when they may personally disagree with the media and anti war bunch....it truly does work both ways.

You seldom hear from those troops in the liberal media.

If you see them on Fox News or hear them on Fox News - they are dismissed as being plants or right wing hacks

Yup. There are even missions they DO agree withand WANT to do, even when they may personally disagree with the media and anti war bunch....it truly does work both ways.

no doubt... the military is not some monolithic group think organization of uniformly homogenous political philosophy...

but the troops - regardless of whether they think the mission is smart or not, PERFORM that mission with pride and professionalism - because that is what being a sailor (or a soldier or an airman or a marine) is all about

no doubt... the military is not some monolithic group think organization of uniformly homogenous political philosophy...

but the troops - regardless of whether they think the mission is smart or not, PERFORM that mission with pride and professionalism - because that is what being a sailor (or a soldier or an airman or a marine) is all about

Then why are elected Dems undermining the mission and constantly insulting them?

At least no the US military

but the troops - regardless of whether they think the mission is smart or not, PERFORM that mission with pride and professionalism - because that is what being a sailor (or a soldier or an airman or a marine) is all about ... that is what an all volunteer, professional military gets you.

I agree with this too. Keep it up and you'll be a right wing radical before the night is out.

I'll never be a right wing radical...but I will always be a professional naval officer

There was a day not so very long ago that just by wearing said uniform you were automatically labelled as a warmongering baby killer....and it didn't matter what your political persuasion may have been. Just thought I would point that out. As you well know there are some posters on this board who still think that way...

There was a day not so very long ago that just by wearing said uniform you were automatically labelled as a warmongering baby killer....and it didn't matter what your political persuasion may have been. Just thought I would point that out. As you well know there are some posters on this board who still think that way...

It was not very long ago Sen Kennedy said they were running torture chambers; Sen Durbin called them Nazi's

Some things never change

and as I hope you well know, I would disagree with those who would think that way.

Forum List

Back