Transgender woman sues VA spa

I have to admit I haven't been to a spa for a few years, but the last time I went there were locker rooms where you could change, and they were separated by sex. I understand that they now have spas where women can go that actually prohibit men from walking through the main door. Some of them have a waiting area where men can wait for the woman to come out, but they cannot go inside.

Given that there was a question about the sex of the person, and that the staff actually checked, my guess is that it this spa was the latter type, and the women there have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that men are not allowed, which might result in a more relaxed dress code.

Feel free to correct my misapprehensions with your vast experience on unisex spas where women feel comfortable running around naked to get ogled by dirty old men.
Are men allowed to go inside of "Curves"? Can't wait for a tranny to demand to go into there.

Yes they are...if they've had a sex change...which the woman in VA obviously had.

The spa fucked up and they will pay the price. Of course, it won't be a legal price because it's perfectly acceptable to discriminate against "those people" in Fairfax County VA, but they will be hurt by this.

No.. HE had a nip and tuck.. if HIS chromosomes are still XY, HE is still a MALE... it was his CHOICE to surgically alter HIMSELF, and you can discriminate against a CHOICE

If she was able to provide identification to state she was a female, the spa has to accept her. Biology doesn't matter, she had the documents (in this case, her license) to show she was a legal female.

So if the the gov gave a cat papers saying it was a dog,it's a dog in your mind? :cuckoo:
We dont know the details of the case. But if she/he was walking around the locker room with it's junk hanging out I could see where that might be a problem.

What a stupid analogy. Is it at all conceivable that the government would issue papers to a dog or a cat? No, but they do issue licenses that state your gender. Hers says female because she is a female. There are no male parts. She's got a vagina and she's got boobs.

She had a sex change and was no longer biologically male. There was no "junk" to flop around.

Again.. XX and XY makes you biologically male or female... you can chop off your dick and balls and put implants behind your nipples, it does not change that... no matter how much you want to...

HE is not a female.. HE is a surgically altered male

The spa and those complaining are stupid. I've been in lockerrooms for fifty years, and I'm quite sure gay guys have seen my package ... which I admit seems to be much smaller than most ... though perhaps the mere chance that a gay guy may be seeing me naked causes me to .... shrink .... but it's not like Jerry Sandusky.

But why should the govt be able to tell a spa owner who can or can't use the facilities? And yes, I think Goldwater was right on civil rights laws.

Are men allowed to go inside of "Curves"? Can't wait for a tranny to demand to go into there.

Yes they are...if they've had a sex change...which the woman in VA obviously had.

The spa fucked up and they will pay the price. Of course, it won't be a legal price because it's perfectly acceptable to discriminate against "those people" in Fairfax County VA, but they will be hurt by this.

No.. HE had a nip and tuck.. if HIS chromosomes are still XY, HE is still a MALE... it was his CHOICE to surgically alter HIMSELF, and you can discriminate against a CHOICE

Religion is a choice. Can't discriminate based on that can you?

She's no longer male. The spa screwed up.

Every woman who objected to using a spa that allowed men had their rights violated. But that's okay, they didn't need those rights anyway.

The state does not have the power to override nature. We can sputter and posture all day, but if you are born male, you are male, even if you want to pretend otherwise. Cosmetic surgery, artificial hormones, and drivers licenses do not transcend biology.

If she was able to provide identification to state she was a female, the spa has to accept her. Biology doesn't matter, she had the documents (in this case, her license) to show she was a legal female.

When did the Department of Motor Vehicles become the official arbiter of biology? They don't do a genital check to make sure you're not just a REALLY skillful drag queen, y'know. They pretty much take your word for whatever stats you want to give them.

Excuse me, but when we are talking about sex, the only thing that matters is biology. As for ID, it can be faked. If a 6 year old kid walks into a bar with ID that proves he is 21 should the bar serve him, or should they believe their eyes and throw him out?

If you read your own article, the only thing that made them suspect she was a male was the fact that she had bigger muscles, and broad shoulders.
They never asked her what gender she was.

And I don't believe that shit for a second.

Ummm, you teach your family about your deity and leave the rest of us out of your little cocoon. Thank you!

This is getting stupid. I mean really?

Does anyone teach morals to their children anymore??? Teach about Jesus for christ sake.

Sorry, Charlie, but if you're getting naked in the same locker room I am, you're inside my "little cocoon" at that point, and YOU need to leave ME out of YOUR little view of the world. Thank you!

No, it doesn't. No one has the moral right to force you to do business with anyone.

Except there is a diffrence between what's moral and what's legal. As far as the spa knew she was simply a manly looking woman and they threw her out and embarrassed her because of her appearance alone, then they made the situation worse by issuing a statement saying they don't allow homosexuals in the spa.

You really don't get it, do you? Can I use the woman's locker room simply because I get a doctor's note, even if the women in there object? Shouldn't the women have the right not to take showers with men?

Seems perfectly logical to me that the spa, like any business, would weigh offending ONE customer against offending MULTIPLE customers, and come down on the side of whichever one is better for their business.

Not to stereotype but it is a 24 hour Korean spa? Yeah I see them settling this one quickly.

I have to admit I haven't been to a spa for a few years, but the last time I went there were locker rooms where you could change, and they were separated by sex. I understand that they now have spas where women can go that actually prohibit men from walking through the main door. Some of them have a waiting area where men can wait for the woman to come out, but they cannot go inside.

Given that there was a question about the sex of the person, and that the staff actually checked, my guess is that it this spa was the latter type, and the women there have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that men are not allowed, which might result in a more relaxed dress code.

Feel free to correct my misapprehensions with your vast experience on unisex spas where women feel comfortable running around naked to get ogled by dirty old men.

It is obvious to you because you prefer to believe her story without checking under her skirt.

So if the the gov gave a cat papers saying it was a dog,it's a dog in your mind? :cuckoo:
We dont know the details of the case. But if she/he was walking around the locker room with it's junk hanging out I could see where that might be a problem.

What a stupid analogy. Is it at all conceivable that the government would issue papers to a dog or a cat? No, but they do issue licenses that state your gender. Hers says female because she is a female. There are no male parts. She's got a vagina and she's got boobs.

She had a sex change and was no longer biologically male. There was no "junk" to flop around.

California does not require you to have an operation before they issue you a drivers license with a gender change.

The Vital Statistics Modernization Act recognizes that different people have different medical needs, and that treatment options must be decided by healthcare professionals on an individual basis. You are entitled a legal gender change if you can establish that you have had clinical treatment that is determined by your healthcare provider to be appropriate, in your individual case, to facilitate gender transition. There is no one specific treatment that is required, and details of your treatment – including information about surgery, hormone treatment, or other treatments – do not need to be provided to the court in order to obtain the gender change order.

FAQ: The Vital Statistics Modernization Act | Transgender Law Center

Is she legally a man?

I don't give a fuck if she is legally a Martian, women should not be forced to share a locker room with a man just because the government issues a decree.

Yeah, I kind of guessed that. It's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

In California you do not need to be post op to get a new drivers license, all you need is a doctors statement. Would you climb into a shower with someone who has a fully functioning penis simply because the government says the person with that penis is female?

I don't give a fuck if she is legally a Martian, women should not be forced to share a locker room with a man just because the government issues a decree.

In California you do not need to be post op to get a new drivers license, all you need is a doctors statement. Would you climb into a shower with someone who has a fully functioning penis simply because the government says the person with that penis is female?

I already addressed this.

I was going on the assumption that she had a VA drivers license. I do think it makes a difference if she's post OP or pre-OP. And, neither of us know which group she falls into.

I already addressed this.

I was going on the assumption that she had a VA drivers license. I do think it makes a difference if she's post OP or pre-OP. And, neither of us know which group she falls into.

It does make a difference which group she belongs to.

Forum List

Back