Top U.S. think tank warns against Israeli

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
BREAKING NEWS

18:25
Cuban official: Cuba ready to negotiate status of aidworker Alan Gross (Haaretz)

More Breaking News

Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News source.
Top U.S. think tank warns against Israeli, American strike on Iran

RAND Corporation sides with Mossad chief Meir Dagan and former Shin Bet head Yuval Diskin, openly disagreeing with Netanyahu and Barak's belligerent stance on Iran.

By Amir Oren| May 16, 2012 | 12:19 AM

Israel fears nuclear deal between Iran, world powers as Baghdad talks draw near
By Barak Ravid| 26
Ahead of Iran talks, slew of reports should be taken with grain of salt
By Anshel Pfeffer| 1

Pbel -

I think Israel may have little choice but to strike Iran. If Israel knows that Iran is developing a weapon and will fire it when ready, they'd be fools to wait, wouldn't they?

I just hope they are sure that it is a weapon, and not a power station.

If they're wrong, they'd have to expect a fierce response from Iran.

Hoss-

Haaretz is an excellent newspaper and a very good source. If it is good enough for half of Israel to read without thinking it is biased, it's good enough for you.

Pbel -

I think Israel may have little choice but to strike Iran. If Israel knows that Iran is developing a weapon and will fire it when ready, they'd be fools to wait, wouldn't they?

I just hope they are sure that it is a weapon, and not a power station.

If they're wrong, they'd have to expect a fierce response from Iran.

Hoss-

Haaretz is an excellent newspaper and a very good source. If it is good enough for half of Israel to read without thinking it is biased, it's good enough for you.

Really? Half of Israel reads Ha'aretz? You make that comical claim and expect me to believe Israel is like a second home to you?

Sayit -

Haaretz is hugely popular - if you don't wish to read, I doubt anyone will mind.

The same Haaretz whose former editor was fired as a consequence of the outcry over saying Israel should be raped by the US?

Haaretz represents the far Left POV that is not representative of mainstream Israeli Jews these days.

You read Haaretz from Finland. :badgrin:

Last edited:
Hoss -

Yeah! If I remember rightly it is the 2nd largest newspaper in Israel, but has a wider international audience than the largest one. J Post is quite big as well, but that's only in English, if I recall rightly.

Hoss -

Yeah! If I remember rightly it is the 2nd largest newspaper in Israel, but has a wider international audience than the largest one. J Post is quite big as well, but that's only in English, if I recall rightly.

You read Haaretz from Finland.

Haaretz's far Left view does not represent mainstream Israelis.

Now, you know

Hoss -

Haaretz = LA Times, NY Times & Washington Post combined

Hoss -

Saigon reads Haaretz from Finland and knows nothing about Israeli society which has become Conservative over the years while Haaretz has become far Left.

Hoss -

One of my friends writes for Haaretz online, actually. He's a wonderful journalist, so I always have a positive impression of the paper, and it does balance some of the more right wing media in Israel.

Hoss -

One of my friends writes for Haaretz online, actually. He's a wonderful journalist, so I always have a positive impression of the paper, and it does balance some of the more right wing media in Israel.

Your imaginary friend from Finland where you live? http://www.usmessageboard.com/5286609-post1.html

Hoss -

That's nice, but Haaretz more than overbalances the right wing media; it smothers all other media.

That's nice, but Haaretz more than overbalances the right wing media; it smothers all other media.

Right. It must really smother Yedioth, which has more readers than Haaretz does.

Forum List

Back