Spain issues arrest warrant for Benjamin Netanyahu

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Finally some Justice for those innocent peace activists

The Spanish national court has reopened a 2010 case against seven current and former top Israeli leaders for a naval incident that resulted in the death of 10 Turkish activists.

By Cathaleen Chen 50 minutes ago
Content preferences

A Spanish judge has issued arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other former and current government officials for a deadly fight at sea in 2010. As long as the warrant is in effect, if Netanyahu and those officials set foot in the western European country, they could be detained and questioned.

[paste:font size="5"]Related Stories

1. This bale of hay nearly devastated a ranch. Chase Sponsored
    Thank you for your feedback[/paste:font]
    We'll review and make changes needed.Undo
    Why don't you like this ad ?
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • It's not relevant to me
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad
The 2010 incident was a flotilla raid, in which a group of pro-Palestinian human rights activists attempted to disrupt an Israeli naval blockade of the Gaza Strip. Israeli naval forces were able to stop the flotilla, but when they boarded one of the activists’ ships, the Mavi Marmara, they were attacked by knives and clubs.

In an ensuing gun battle, nine activists died. Most of the deceased were part of a Turkish NGO, the IHH, that has alleged ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Recommended: Who is Spain's Judge Baltasar Garzón? Five key questions answered.

In addition to Mr. Netanyahu, the implicated officials include former Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman, former defense ministers Moshe Ya’alon and Ehud Barak, former Interior Minister Eli Yishai, former Intelligence Minister Dan Meridor, and Minister without Portfolio Bennie Begin

Last edited:
some information on this Judge, he knows what he's doing!

Who is Spain's Judge Baltasar Garzón? Five key questions answered.
Garzón is a leading international human rights lawyer, originally from the town of Torres in southern Spain. Garzón became the youngest judge in Spain’s national court at the age of 32, and over the course of 22 years he made a name for himself by championing universal jurisdiction, the idea that national courts can prosecute serious human rights violations committed anywhere in the world.

He helped set international human rights law precedent in 1998 when he had Chile’s Augusto Pinochet arrested while visiting England. Garzón ordered his extradition to Spain on charges of killing Spaniards in Chile and crimes of genocide during his authoritarian rule in Chile. Although Jack Straw, England’s home secretary at the time, stopped the extradition, the case is regarded as one of the most important human rights cases in history, the Guardian reports.

The 2010 incident was a flotilla raid, in which a group of pro-Palestinian human rights activists attempted to disrupt an Israeli naval blockade of the Gaza Strip. Israeli naval forces were able to stop the flotilla, but when they boarded one of the activists’ ships, the Mavi Marmara, they were attacked by knives and clubs.
That's what you get when you are fucking with a naval blockade and trying to kill the boarding party....
What do you think would happen if the U.S. Coast Guard boards your ship in the Florida Straights and you attack them with knives and clubs?

Well maybe Spain should prance on over to Israel and nab Bibi. LOL Yeah right Israel will kick their ass

So Salah Abdeslam and Benjamin Netanyahu on the lam from the European authorities. And the South Africans are after Netanyahu. Wow.

So Salah Abdeslam and Benjamin Netanyahu on the lam from the European authorities. And the South Africans are after Netanyahu. Wow.
Of course they are. During apartheid Israel was the only trade partner with South Africa supplying Galils, APCs and shit. Payback time.

ICC, UN and even turkey have found no cause or dropped the case.

Netanyahu cannot be touch while in office. I don't believe interpol have cause under such a case.

This is more showmanship that anything else.

So The seven won't be traveling to spain, but the country still have opened door for the return of jews to their country.

Netanyahu cannot be touch while in office. I don't believe interpol have cause under such a case.

So The seven won't be traveling to spain, but the country still have opened door for the return of jews to their country.
I suppose that you being a fascist Phalange you don't quite see war crimes because the Phalange have also committed them.

I suppose that you being a fascist Phalange you don't quite see war crimes because the Phalange have also committed them.

That still? You really are clueless and closed minded.

I know a lot about war crime and courts. I might not be totally familiar with spanish law but I do know a small bit of international law.

Yea! I have christian friends, muslim friends, palestinian friends, syrian friend, jordanian friends and all political parties across the region.
In Lebanon not group was exempt from crimes or war crimes. In a war like that there is not law. When the war ended not war crimes were charged. Most courts that tried to bring cases in europe, against groups or individuals failed or cases were dropped. I've even testified at one case hearing and submit written testimony or reports to a couple others.

What ever crimes you thing were committed, there are valid arguments for most actions. Everyone was guilty but you can't put every million in jail for protecting their life, towns or country during that kind of war.

Who do you want to put on trial and for what? Phalangists and christians were victims of some hundred massacres, and at least as many assassination and many times more attacks. Everyone was. Many of those who were guilty of what you are upset by were protected by Syria's Assad and co.

I have more reason to have hang ups about what took place than you do. I seem to be the only actual witness to much of the events that is active on this forum, buy default you choose to blame me?

Go jump in a very icy lake.

Phalangists are fascists and murderers. Whether Italian Fascists, Lebanese Phalange or Spanish Falange.

Forum List

Back