Top al Qaeda strategist may have been killed in Pakistan

Top al Qaeda strategist may have been killed in Pakistan | Reuters

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

Even if the death is confirmed? He'll still suck.

Because ... you know ... Obama sucks.

And he can't do anything right.

Good news if it turns out to be true.

Who says Obama can't do anything right? Certainly not me. Nor do I say he can't do anything wrong.

In this case the Obama administration is continuing the policy of the Bush administration of going aggressively after Al Qaeda. I thought it was a good idea under Bush and I think it is a good idea under Obama. I wonder if all the people who applaud Obama for it now also applaud Bush for it?

Bingo. I give credit where its due and Barry deserves credit for keeping the Bush policies concerning Al Qaeda in place.

As Bush said when asked about concerns that Obama would change those polices, "I'm not concerned because the new POTUS will know what I know."

Kudo's to Barry for keeping those polices in place.

After Afghanistan, where and when was Bush killing Al Qaeda? Anywhere?

What Bush did was invade Iraq..kill Iraqis..and call them Al Qaeda.

These AREN'T Bush policies. They were not hunting and killing Al Qaeda.

They were killing people in Iraq..and funding the Kurds to cause trouble in Iran. They in turn blew up places in Turkey..like Istanbul.

Sheesh. You guys fail at history.

Wasnt thinking about Obama at all.

I was thinking that it's a shame that anyone would waste their life in Al Qaeda and that our military had to take them out. Life is precious. Even the live of those who would gladly take ours if they had a chance. They are still our brethren even if they act like our enemies.

I hate to see any life wasted.

I never celebrate any person's death. Every person is a human being and therefore a child of God.

That doesn't change the fact that certain people deserve and need to be killed.

You contradict yourself in the same post.

I know this is really not a place to be taken all that seriously..

But..

:lol:

(Reuters) - Abu Yahya al-Libi, one of al Qaeda's top strategists and seen as the most prominent figure in the network after leader Ayman al Zawahri, may have been killed in a drone strike in northwest Pakistan, Pakistani intelligence officials said on Tuesday.

If his death is confirmed it would be the biggest blow to al Qaeda since U.S. special forces killed Osama bin Laden in a secret raid in Pakistan in May 2011.

U.S. sources said Libi, a Libyan cleric with a degree in chemistry who has survived previous drone attacks, was a target of a strike early on Monday in the North Waziristan tribal region, home to some of the world's most notorious militant groups.

Some U.S. officials describe Libi, whose real name is Mohamed Hassan Qaid, as number two to al Zawahri, the former Egyptian doctor who took over al Qaeda after bin Laden's death.

Pakistani intelligence officials told Reuters they believe Libi (which means Libyan in Arabic) may have been among seven foreign militants killed in Monday's strike.

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo]Queen - Another One Bites The Dust - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you Mr. President!

:clap:

Same as the death of bin Laden: Had Bush been in office, his supporters would be crowing from the mountaintops, pounding their chests, shouting "USA! USA! USA!" -- and they goddamn well know it. They'd be shoving this in the Left's face at every opportunity.

But Bush wasn't.

Same as the death of bin Laden: Had Bush been in office, his supporters would be crowing from the mountaintops, pounding their chests, shouting "USA! USA! USA!" -- and they goddamn well know it. They'd be shoving this in the Left's face at every opportunity.

But Bush wasn't.

It's worse then that Mac..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version) - YouTube[/ame]

And although conservatives mourned the death of Bin Laden..we in NYC threw a party.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_56ox_Zw9w]Time Square party for Osama Bin Laden death - New York 10 - YouTube[/ame]

(Reuters) - Abu Yahya al-Libi, one of al Qaeda's top strategists and seen as the most prominent figure in the network after leader Ayman al Zawahri, may have been killed in a drone strike in northwest Pakistan, Pakistani intelligence officials said on Tuesday.

If his death is confirmed it would be the biggest blow to al Qaeda since U.S. special forces killed Osama bin Laden in a secret raid in Pakistan in May 2011.

U.S. sources said Libi, a Libyan cleric with a degree in chemistry who has survived previous drone attacks, was a target of a strike early on Monday in the North Waziristan tribal region, home to some of the world's most notorious militant groups.

Some U.S. officials describe Libi, whose real name is Mohamed Hassan Qaid, as number two to al Zawahri, the former Egyptian doctor who took over al Qaeda after bin Laden's death.

Pakistani intelligence officials told Reuters they believe Libi (which means Libyan in Arabic) may have been among seven foreign militants killed in Monday's strike.

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

This Libyan guy escaped US Custody before if I'm not mistaken, plus wasn't he reported dead before? don't get me wrong I want him to be dead, just sayin I think we been here before.

Who says Obama can't do anything right? Certainly not me. Nor do I say he can't do anything wrong.

In this case the Obama administration is continuing the policy of the Bush administration of going aggressively after Al Qaeda. I thought it was a good idea under Bush and I think it is a good idea under Obama. I wonder if all the people who applaud Obama for it now also applaud Bush for it?

Bingo. I give credit where its due and Barry deserves credit for keeping the Bush policies concerning Al Qaeda in place.

As Bush said when asked about concerns that Obama would change those polices, "I'm not concerned because the new POTUS will know what I know."

They were killing people in Iraq..and funding the Kurds to cause trouble in Iran. They in turn blew up places in Turkey..like Istanbul.

Guess Bush never sent any drones then did he??

Perhaps you should study your history a little bit there S.

Bush drone attacks in Pakistan were infrequent. And considering the effort put into knocking over Iraq..basically done to give "lip service" to people criticizing the shift in focus.

By in large..it was not the major strategy. Bush wanted a conventional war..with conventional enemies.

Wasnt thinking about Obama at all.

I was thinking that it's a shame that anyone would waste their life in Al Qaeda and that our military had to take them out. Life is precious. Even the live of those who would gladly take ours if they had a chance. They are still our brethren even if they act like our enemies.

I hate to see any life wasted.

I never celebrate any person's death. Every person is a human being and therefore a child of God.

That doesn't change the fact that certain people deserve and need to be killed.

You contradict yourself in the same post.

I know this is really not a place to be taken all that seriously..

But..

:lol:

I know it's too difficult for you to understand that there are people who can face the reality of war, but still remain human.

We know it's true because the regime said it's true. It's starting to sound like the daily report of victory against Oceania. We don't capture and these celebretary kills are done by unmanned drones. No one is ever really identified. No one is questioned. There are no witnesses. We never actually win anything. We certainly haven't come close to victory against Al Quaeda and the Taliban is stronger than ever. If any of it is true, it seems that all we've really done is provide advancement for someone's opportunity.

Bush drone attacks in Pakistan were infrequent. And considering the effort put into knocking over Iraq..basically done to give "lip service" to people criticizing the shift in focus.

By in large..it was not the major strategy. Bush wanted a conventional war..with conventional enemies.

Remind me again who was President when Khalid Sheikh Mohamed was captured; when Abu Zabaydah was captured; when Ramzi bin al-Shibh was captured; when al-Zarqawi was killed; etc. etc.

Plain and simple lies.

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

This Libyan guy escaped US Custody before if I'm not mistaken, plus wasn't he reported dead before? don't get me wrong I want him to be dead, just sayin I think we been here before.

Pretty sure that was the last big death.

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

So the CIA does their job and that's proof that Obama doesn't suck? Mmm.

So why was the CIA catatonic during Bush's double-reign.

Uh-huh.

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

So the CIA does their job and that's proof that Obama doesn't suck? Mmm.

So why was the CIA catatonic during Bush's double-reign.

Uh-huh.

Who says it was? They caught plenty of Al Qaeda types under Bush.

Forum List

Back