Top 20 Superhero Movies

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
(1) Batman Dark Knight (The Joker stole the show)
(2) Batman Begins (Bale was the right choice unlike his replacement)
(3) Man of Steel (call me crazy, but I loved this movie)
(4) Spiderman 2 (Dr. Oct and Spiderman, great)
(5) Avengers
(6) Xmen 2 (beat the original in my mind)
(7) Spiderman (Great, just not as good as the sequel)
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman
(10) Watchmen (Never heard of them before, but the movie was awesome)
(11) Hulk/Ed Norton (It was very under-rated)
(12) Amazing Spiderman (the reboot is good, just not as good at Toby's Spiderman 1 and 2)
(13) Captain America (It was a ton better than I expected)
(14) Ironman 2 (I am leaving off 3, since I thought it wasn't any good)
(15) Incrediables (Great Pixar movie)
(16) Unbreakable (Very unrated movie. I still enjoy it.)
(17) Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(18) Blade (Pick one they are all the same, but Snipes played the character well)
(19) Crow (Very dark and something cool about it)
(20) Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.)

NOTE: I left Wolverine (he was my favorite superhero growing up, but I thought the movies were weak); Thor (I didn't see the 2nd one and I thought the first sucked); FF (blew);

Last edited:
The second Batman movie was The Dark Knight, not Rising. That was the not nearly as good third movie.

I don't think the Crow constitutes a super hero movie. It's based on a comic, but not a super hero. I'd also put it higher on the list, right at the top.

Spiderman 2 is wildly overrated. Doc Ock and his 'look at this glowing chip prominently displayed which, if damaged, will cause me to lose control of myself to the AI' alone is enough to put the movie way down the list.

The Blade trilogy are not all the same, not by a long shot. The first is the best, the second not as good but at least they tried for the same formula, then the third is a terrible imitation with far too much corny humor added in (thanks for ruining another movie Ryan Reynolds!).

Finally someone else who didn't like Thor!

I would add Kick-Ass to the list. I loved Hit-Girl in the first movie. :)

The second Batman movie was The Dark Knight, not Rising. That was the not nearly as good third movie.
Opps. I liked when they just called the squel the same name with a 2 on the end.

I don't think the Crow constitutes a super hero movie. It's based on a comic, but not a super hero. I'd also put it higher on the list, right at the top.
As you stated he was based on a comic. He was a super-powered vigilante. That is a super-hero in my book. Not sure if I rate it as high as you, but I liked the movie.

Spiderman 2 is wildly overrated. Doc Ock and his 'look at this glowing chip prominently displayed which, if damaged, will cause me to lose control of myself to the AI' alone is enough to put the movie way down the list.
I disagree. I thought it was great from beginning to end and was well casted.

The Blade trilogy are not all the same, not by a long shot. The first is the best, the second not as good but at least they tried for the same formula, then the third is a terrible imitation with far too much corny humor added in (thanks for ruining another movie Ryan Reynolds!).
True, I just didn't want to break them down. Reynolds ruining another super-hero movie, who would have thought that would happen (Green Latern and Dead Pool).

Finally someone else who didn't like Thor!
People didn't start to say Thor wasn't that bad until after the Avengers movie. Prior to that the critics and viewers didn't like it that much.

I would add Kick-Ass to the list. I loved Hit-Girl in the first movie. :)

I never saw it, so I can't comment

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman
(12) Amazing Spiderman (the reboot is good, just not as good at Toby's Spiderman 1 and 2)
(17) Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(18) Blade (Pick one they are all the same, but Snipes played the character well)
(20) Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.)

NOTE: I left Wolverine (he was my favorite superhero growing up, but I thought the movies were weak); Thor (I didn't see the 2nd one and I thought the first sucked); FF (blew);

Totally agree with your comment on Unbreakable. Highly under valued movie. I'd rate it a top five pick.

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

Totally agree with your comment on Unbreakable. Highly under valued movie. I'd rate it a top five pick.

Not sure about top five, but the character had a lot of depth. I wish it was marketed better. A squel would have been nice.

Very end of the 2nd Wolverine Origns movie included an easter egg scene that had me screaming for joy (at least in my head, am more conservative emotionally than that hehe.)

I'm not as harsh a critic of these movies as some are. I tend to look for what they got right, and enjoy that as opposed to judging them as a whole.

In that vein, I really enjoyed both Green Lantern and Daredevil, neither of which will prolly make anyone's list. I thought Mark Strong was perfect as Sinestro, and I thought that Colin Ferrell was perfect as Bullseye. Getting those two right made those movies enjoyable for me.

I'm not as harsh a critic of these movies as some are. I tend to look for what they got right, and enjoy that as opposed to judging them as a whole.

In that vein, I really enjoyed both Green Lantern and Daredevil, neither of which will prolly make anyone's list. I thought Mark Strong was perfect as Sinestro, and I thought that Colin Ferrell was perfect as Bullseye. Getting those two right made those movies enjoyable for me.

I like both

Dear God, I agreed with Synthaholic

In other news

Man videos Pigs flying

Have to disagree with you on the Spiderman movies.

Amazing Spiderman was much truer to the comic. PP didn't meet MJ as a kid and I thought they did a much better job showcasing Spiderman's skills especially his speed.

Halle Berry as Catwoman didn't make the list?

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

No love for Bane?

2963510-tumblr_static_the-dark-knight-rises-and-bane-get-high-marks.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Top 4
#4= Underdog. Sweet Polly Purebread is saved by Underdog
#3= Felix the cat- The Master Cylinder tries to kill off Felix...rightee Oh!!
#2= Blankman- Damon Wayans, nuff said....
#1=Handiman- Never underestimate the powers of the handicapped!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEaTFKG4IHs]In Living Color- The Adventures of Handi-Man - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing Spiderman was much truer to the comic. PP didn't meet MJ as a kid and I thought they did a much better job showcasing Spiderman's skills especially his speed.

I've never been a Spider-Man reader, so I don't have any issues with how close any of the movies were to the source material. I do, however, think that Amazing Spider-Man was much better cast and acted than the Raimi movies. I think Garfield > McGuire and Stone > Dunst. I also didn't like Willem DeFoe as Green Goblin, whereas I was fairly neutral about the Lizard.

Again though, I find the Raimi movies highly overrated. The first was decent and they went downhill from there. I've even tried watching the second one again to see if I might have changed my mind, and no, it's just too ridiculously silly. Everything about Doc Ock is poorly written. :lol:

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

No love for Bane?

He doesn't understand... He's just an internet poster, he's not a film expert.

(^^^In my best Bane voice that drives my Wife crazy when I say, "He doesn't understand, he's just a Baby... Babies don't know about things like the international building code, they know about boobs and pooping and crying. He will let you know when it is time to change his diaper, right now have some of his spit up on your new shirt.")

:)

peace...

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

No love for Bane?

He doesn't understand... He's just an internet poster, he's not a film expert.

(^^^In my best Bane voice that drives my Wife crazy when I say, "He doesn't understand, he's just a Baby... Babies don't know about things like the international building code, they know about boobs and pooping and crying. He will let you know when it is time to change his diaper, right now have some of his spit up on your new shirt.")

:)

peace...

:lol:

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

No love for Bane?

Hard to believe it's the same guy:

Shinzon.jpg

I was never a huge fan of Green Lantern, but even if I was, I had to say it was horrible. It had potential, but the writing was so subpar that it was awful. Side Note: Reynolds should NEVER be cast as another superhero. He has ruined 2 (if you count Blade 3 then, 3 heros). Deadpool should have been an awesome character.

I was a huge fan of Daredevil when I was a kid, but Ben Afleck was a horrible choice and movie blew. He was such a bad Daredevil that everyone has already written him off as Batman

I started collecting the comic around 300 (introduction of Venon), so all I knew was Mary Jane. As movies I just enjoyed them better. Maybe because they were so fresh and new or Dr Oct was my favorite super-villian as a kid.

Forum List

Back