Top 20 Superhero Movies

you liked man of steel g....lots of people did not....there were parts in there that were pretty lame too,like these super advanced Kryptonians riding giant flying creatures to get around instead of using some kind of advanced machine.....i did not buy that at all....and Superman would have found a way to get Zod and Co. away from the city to do battle.....so i guess we will have to see....

I actually thought MoS was more sensible about the battles. How could Superman possibly keep a fight away from the city? Unless he just flees and hopes his opponents follow him any time the fight ends up near a populated area, there is going to be civilian damage. What bothered me about it is the city seemed miraculously empty.
how?.....they wanted Superman......so as he is fighting he leads them away from the city....like the way he did in the second movie.....but then Richard Donner knew more about comics than what Snyder seems to know....imo....

OK, but what does Superman do if his enemies threaten the population of a city? Just leave and hope they follow? And when two Kryptonians fight, I'd think it's hard to stay in any particular place(s).

And to be clear, comics very often do things that make little or no sense even within their own fictionalized world. :)

I actually thought MoS was more sensible about the battles. How could Superman possibly keep a fight away from the city? Unless he just flees and hopes his opponents follow him any time the fight ends up near a populated area, there is going to be civilian damage. What bothered me about it is the city seemed miraculously empty.
how?.....they wanted Superman......so as he is fighting he leads them away from the city....like the way he did in the second movie.....but then Richard Donner knew more about comics than what Snyder seems to know....imo....

OK, but what does Superman do if his enemies threaten the population of a city? Just leave and hope they follow? And when two Kryptonians fight, I'd think it's hard to stay in any particular place(s).

And to be clear, comics very often do things that make little or no sense even within their own fictionalized world. :)

hey i agree.....but if its a movie based on a comic,you make the movie like the comic.....they must have caused a trillion dollars worth of damage to that city.....how many people would have died?....Superman would have thought of getting the fight away from the City even if he had to grab Zod and drag him to the moon and fight in space....grab the guy and toss him out to the country side.....but he would have done it.....

hey i agree.....but if its a movie based on a comic,you make the movie like the comic.....they must have caused a trillion dollars worth of damage to that city.....how many people would have died?....Superman would have thought of getting the fight away from the City even if he had to grab Zod and drag him to the moon and fight in space....grab the guy and toss him out to the country side.....but he would have done it.....

I disagree that you make it like the comic. The Dark Knight is my favorite comic hero movie and that is not quite the same as Batman from the comics. They took a lot of liberties with the characters, yet it worked great.

Add to that the many different incarnations of any given character, especially one as old as Superman, and I'm fine with someone trying something a bit new.

Besides, if Superman could so easily just drag Zod away to fight, he wouldn't have had so much trouble with him in the first place. ;)

I disagree that you make it like the comic. The Dark Knight is my favorite comic hero movie and that is not quite the same as Batman from the comics. They took a lot of liberties with the characters, yet it worked great.

Add to that the many different incarnations of any given character, especially one as old as Superman, and I'm fine with someone trying something a bit new.

Besides, if Superman could so easily just drag Zod away to fight, he wouldn't have had so much trouble with him in the first place. ;)
Batman in the early days was much like the Bale Batman....a vigilante....during the 50's because of the new Comic Code they changed him....

Besides, if Superman could so easily just drag Zod away to fight, he wouldn't have had so much trouble with him in the first place.

have you ever read a Superman Comic?....as many times as Superman has fought a super powered villain his first priority is to keep the people safe.....and he usually does by getting the bad guy away from the people.....the damage that was done in the last movie to the city was kinda overdone....how many people were killed?....he would have gotten Zod out of the city.....

Batman in the early days was much like the Bale Batman....a vigilante....during the 50's because of the new Comic Code they changed him....

Besides, if Superman could so easily just drag Zod away to fight, he wouldn't have had so much trouble with him in the first place.

have you ever read a Superman Comic?....as many times as Superman has fought a super powered villain his first priority is to keep the people safe.....and he usually does by getting the bad guy away from the people.....the damage that was done in the last movie to the city was kinda overdone....how many people were killed?....he would have gotten Zod out of the city.....

I think you are missing my point.

I find the idea that people rarely get hurt in the super powered battles in comics completely ridiculous. It makes no sense, even within the world created by the comics. With the amount of power some of the characters are supposed to wield, of course the battles will cause collateral damage. I think that is probably the mindset the writers/director took, that the comics did not portray things as they ought to have.

I think you are missing my point.

I find the idea that people rarely get hurt in the super powered battles in comics completely ridiculous. It makes no sense, even within the world created by the comics. With the amount of power some of the characters are supposed to wield, of course the battles will cause collateral damage. I think that is probably the mindset the writers/director took, that the comics did not portray things as they ought to have.
ok i see what you are saying,and you are right.....in the early days of the comics people not only got hurt they died.....since the biggest readers in those days were kids when they enacted the Comics Code in 1954 Scenes of excessive violence were prohibited so death and violence were toned down a lot to the point of hardly any by standers being hurt.....it did change somewhat as times evolved.....i myself feel Synder went overboard with the destruction of Metropolis....but thats just me a hell of a lot of other fans....and Superman would not have killed Zod .....

Guardians is rated pretty high by the comic fans at Superherohype and Comic Vine...in their chat forums the fans of the comic say the previews they seen looks good to them....i have never read one of their comics so i cant comment....but those guys in the forums are pretty hard core....so we will see....

I am not familiar with the comic either, but the preview looks lame. They have to appeal to more than the comic book crowd!

you liked man of steel g....lots of people did not....there were parts in there that were pretty lame too,like these super advanced Kryptonians riding giant flying creatures to get around instead of using some kind of advanced machine.....i did not buy that at all....and Superman would have found a way to get Zod and Co. away from the city to do battle.....so i guess we will have to see....

I realize many didn't like the movie, but I thought it was a great.

I am not familiar with the comic either, but the preview looks lame. They have to appeal to more than the comic book crowd!

i gave it a C+....i dont like movie makers who change things about a Character or series that has been around longer then they have been alive just because they personally dont like something about it.....if you cant keep it true to the history stay away from it.....Rick Berman did that with Star Trek on TV and now J.J. Abrams did it with the movie...and there have been other Comic Book Movies were that has been done.....Synder and Co. are now going to destroy the Superman/Batman relationship that has been around for 70 years....

i gave it a C+....i dont like movie makers who change things about a Character or series that has been around longer then they have been alive just because they personally dont like something about it.....if you cant keep it true to the history stay away from it.....Rick Berman did that with Star Trek on TV and now J.J. Abrams did it with the movie...and there have been other Comic Book Movies were that has been done.....Synder and Co. are now going to destroy the Superman/Batman relationship that has been around for 70 years....

Other than Watchmen, is there any comic book movie that hasn't been done in?

many have kept at least pretty true to the original premise.....but then there are some where.... why was it even made?....the last Spiderman was more true to the story than Rami's movies.....i thought the first Superman was good except for the way they did Luthor....the second was a true Superman adventure until they fired Donner and that jerk that finished it took over....i think his name was Fleishman...or something.....he fucked it up....i did not think DareDevil was as bad as everyone said....the first Ghost Rider was not as bad as the "critics" said it was....lots of them need better scrip writers and directors that at least have read a comic or 2....Ang Lee said he was not familiar with the Hulk at all.....so why put him in as director?...

Jesus
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Shadow
The Avengers
Sherlock Holmes II
Armageddon
Evolution
Red
Red II
Casablanca
more later

Jesus
The Shadow
The Avengers
Sherlock Holmes II
Armageddon
Evolution
Red
Red II
Casablanca
more later
Fantastic Four
Paul
Batman, up until the Dark night
Ghostbusters
Hancock
FDR
The Lone Ranger
I'll eventually think of the other three

Jesus
The Shadow
The Avengers
Sherlock Holmes II
Armageddon
Evolution
Red
Red II
Casablanca
more later
Fantastic Four
Paul
Batman, up until the Dark night
Ghostbusters
Hancock
FDR
The Lone Ranger
I'll eventually think of the other three

How could I have forgotten THE STAR WARS super heroes? I, II and III.
That's my 20

I have never read a Superman or Batman comic. When I collected comics in my youth, I collected Xmen, Spiderman, Wolverine, Spawn, Supreme, Shadow Hawk (liked image for a while) and then various other for a while. Never a DC guy, so I don't have the same views. Therefore, I go back to my same views on Man of Steel

many have kept at least pretty true to the original premise.....but then there are some where.... why was it even made?....the last Spiderman was more true to the story than Rami's movies.....i thought the first Superman was good except for the way they did Luthor....the second was a true Superman adventure until they fired Donner and that jerk that finished it took over....i think his name was Fleishman...or something.....he fucked it up....i did not think DareDevil was as bad as everyone said....the first Ghost Rider was not as bad as the "critics" said it was....lots of them need better scrip writers and directors that at least have read a comic or 2....Ang Lee said he was not familiar with the Hulk at all.....so why put him in as director?...

Daredevil was horrible. The critics were right. Ghostrider was OK, but was a huge let down!

My answers in red!

Jesus
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Plain and simple a horrible movie
The Shadow Haven't heard if it
The Avengers I have that listed
Sherlock Holmes II Not really a superhero movie
ArmageddonNot a sure hero move
Evolution ditto
Red ditto
Red II ditto
Casablanca ditto
more later