Top 20 Superhero Movies

(1) Batman Dark Knight (The Joker stole the show)
(2) Batman Begins (Bale was the right choice unlike his replacement)
(3) Man of Steel (call me crazy, but I loved this movie)
(4) Spiderman 2 (Dr. Oct and Spiderman, great)
(5) Avengers
(6) Xmen 2 (beat the original in my mind)
(7) Spiderman (Great, just not as good as the sequel)
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman
(10) Watchmen (Never heard of them before, but the movie was awesome)
(11) Hulk/Ed Norton (It was very under-rated)
(12) Amazing Spiderman (the reboot is good, just not as good at Toby's Spiderman 1 and 2)
(13) Captain America (It was a ton better than I expected)
(14) Ironman 2 (I am leaving off 3, since I thought it wasn't any good)
(15) Incrediables (Great Pixar movie)
(16) Unbreakable (Very unrated movie. I still enjoy it.)
(17) Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(18) Blade (Pick one they are all the same, but Snipes played the character well)
(19) Crow (Very dark and something cool about it)
(20) Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.)

NOTE: I left Wolverine (he was my favorite superhero growing up, but I thought the movies were weak); Thor (I didn't see the 2nd one and I thought the first sucked); FF (blew);

No love for Bane?

2963510-tumblr_static_the-dark-knight-rises-and-bane-get-high-marks.jpg

I didn't like the third Batman.

Have to disagree with you on the Spiderman movies.

Amazing Spiderman was much truer to the comic. PP didn't meet MJ as a kid and I thought they did a much better job showcasing Spiderman's skills especially his speed.

I've never been a Spider-Man reader, so I don't have any issues with how close any of the movies were to the source material. I do, however, think that Amazing Spider-Man was much better cast and acted than the Raimi movies. I think Garfield > McGuire and Stone > Dunst. I also didn't like Willem DeFoe as Green Goblin, whereas I was fairly neutral about the Lizard.

Again though, I find the Raimi movies highly overrated. The first was decent and they went downhill from there. I've even tried watching the second one again to see if I might have changed my mind, and no, it's just too ridiculously silly. Everything about Doc Ock is poorly written. :lol:

Garfield vs McGuire is a wash to me. Stone well over Dunst. However, for Spiderman 2 at least, the actor playing Dr Oct hit Dr Oct to the T and was a ton better than the Lizard!

I knew I would forget one. Robcop (the original). Still a great movie and a classic. Not sure where on the list it goes, but it has a place on the list.

While I don't think this makes the list, the most recent Punisher (War Zone, with Ray Stevenson) was pretty good stuff and very under-rated.

Now that my son is 8 I get to final go to movies that aren't just cartoons. Here is my ranking from best to least of the upcoming superhero movies:

(1) XMen: Days of Future Past: Loved reading it in the comics as a kid. The story looks golden.
(2) Avengers 2: Should be a great follow up the first one
(3) Antman: He was my favorite Avenger as a kid, so I am looking forward to this one,
(4) Amazing Spiderman 2: The first was was pretty good and this one looks like a winner from the trailers.
(5) Captain American - Winter Soldier: Looks pretty good, the first was surprisingly awesome.
(6) TMNT: My kids love the new cartoon, which is pretty awesome I must admit. I remember seeing the original cheesy one in the threaters. With everything they are doing with superhero movies, I thnk this will be a great one.
(7) Fantastic Four Reboot: I was never a fan of the original and the 2nd one was just awful, but they might make it right a 2nd time around.
(8) Superman and Batman: Man of Steel was simply awesome. In my opinion they did everything right with that movie. The Batman Begins and Dark Knight were one and two on best superhero movies. Loved them. If Christian Bale was Batman I would have had this as #2 on the list (just looking to forward to XMen). However I am in the Ben Afleck hater camp.
(9) Guardians of the Galaxy: Look plain garbage from the trailers. My prediction is will be a huge bust. This is really the only one on the list I am not looking forward to.

Now that my son is 8 I get to final go to movies that aren't just cartoons. Here is my ranking from best to least of the upcoming superhero movies:

(1) XMen: Days of Future Past: Loved reading it in the comics as a kid. The story looks golden.
(3) Antman: He was my favorite Avenger as a kid, so I am looking forward to this one,
(4) Amazing Spiderman 2: The first was was pretty good and this one looks like a winner from the trailers.
(5) Captain American - Winter Soldier: Looks pretty good, the first was surprisingly awesome.
(6) TMNT: My kids love the new cartoon, which is pretty awesome I must admit. I remember seeing the original cheesy one in the threaters. With everything they are doing with superhero movies, I thnk this will be a great one.
(7) Fantastic Four Reboot: I was never a fan of the original and the 2nd one was just awful, but they might make it right a 2nd time around.
(8) Superman and Batman: Man of Steel was simply awesome. In my opinion they did everything right with that movie. The Batman Begins and Dark Knight were one and two on best superhero movies. Loved them. If Christian Bale was Batman I would have had this as #2 on the list (just looking to forward to XMen). However I am in the Ben Afleck hater camp.
(9) Guardians of the Galaxy: Look plain garbage from the trailers. My prediction is will be a huge bust. This is really the only one on the list I am not looking forward to.

I'm a fan of the X-Men, but the third movie was pretty crappy and while First Class was pretty good, it didn't reach the level of the first two movies. I'm iffy about DoFP at this point.

I am looking forward to Avengers 2 most of all. I'm a big Whedon fan and I hope that, having made the flashy blockbuster with the first movie, he's able to do something a bit more character driven.

I am very blah about Antman right now. Not a particular fan of the character and there just hasn't been enough info about it for me to feel anticipation.

The Captain America trailers have looked pretty damned good. I thought the first movie was decent, but I'm hoping this one improves.

Amazing Spider Man 2 will let us see how they do outside the origin story. Fingers crossed there is more than mindless action.

I have basically zero interest in TMNT or FF. I'll probably never care about TMNT, but after they get to the point of a trailer with FF, I'll revisit my opinion.

I'm very much looking forward to Superman Batman. I thought MoS was a good movie, if not at the level of the Nolan Batman flicks. Superman is, IMO, a difficult character to make interesting. The interaction between Superman and Batman has always been my favorite thing about Supes. If done right, this could be a great way to really kick off a DC movie universe.

I'm still open to GoTG. I said in another thread that, if we're lucky, it will be a Fifth Element style movie and get a workable mix of humor and action. Of course, there's every chance it will be a pile of crap. :lol:

Have to disagree with you on the Spiderman movies.

Amazing Spiderman was much truer to the comic. PP didn't meet MJ as a kid and I thought they did a much better job showcasing Spiderman's skills especially his speed.

I started collecting the comic around 300 (introduction of Venon), so all I knew was Mary Jane. As movies I just enjoyed them better. Maybe because they were so fresh and new or Dr Oct was my favorite super-villian as a kid.

i had the first 20 Spiderman comics including 2 amazing fantasies.....and i kept them in good shape.....gave them away to my buddies when we moved out here in 67....who knew?....

Come on, Dorothy killed two wicked witches and fought off flying monkeys. That's a "super hero".

I knew I would forget one. Robcop (the original). Still a great movie and a classic. Not sure where on the list it goes, but it has a place on the list.

While I don't think this makes the list, the most recent Punisher (War Zone, with Ray Stevenson) was pretty good stuff and very under-rated.

yes it was....and Stevenson was more like the Punisher that i read as a kid then the one portrayed by Thomas Jane....Janes movie was nothing like a Punisher comic..

Guardians is rated pretty high by the comic fans at Superherohype and Comic Vine...in their chat forums the fans of the comic say the previews they seen looks good to them....i have never read one of their comics so i cant comment....but those guys in the forums are pretty hard core....so we will see....

yes it was....and Stevenson was more like the Punisher that i read as a kid then the one portrayed by Thomas Jane....Janes movie was nothing like a Punisher comic..

The Punisher has often been pretty badly portrayed in the comics. The outfit with the white gloves and boots is ridiculous. For a somewhat insane killer of criminals, his comic has too often been lighthearted and attempted to fit into more of the 'mainstream' Marvel universe. Some of the authors have been able to make a darker, more dangerous Frank Castle, which is how he should be considering what he spends all of his time doing.

War Zone was probably the closest to that, but none of the Punisher movies were great. I think film may just be a poor medium for the character.

Guardians is rated pretty high by the comic fans at Superherohype and Comic Vine...in their chat forums the fans of the comic say the previews they seen looks good to them....i have never read one of their comics so i cant comment....but those guys in the forums are pretty hard core....so we will see....

I am not familiar with the comic either, but the preview looks lame. They have to appeal to more than the comic book crowd!

(1) Batman Dark Knight (The Joker stole the show)
(2) Batman Begins (Bale was the right choice unlike his replacement)
(3) Man of Steel (call me crazy, but I loved this movie)
(4) Spiderman 2 (Dr. Oct and Spiderman, great)
(5) Avengers
(6) Xmen 2 (beat the original in my mind)
(7) Spiderman (Great, just not as good as the sequel)
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman
(10) Watchmen (Never heard of them before, but the movie was awesome)
(11) Hulk/Ed Norton (It was very under-rated)
(12) Amazing Spiderman (the reboot is good, just not as good at Toby's Spiderman 1 and 2)
(13) Captain America (It was a ton better than I expected)
(14) Ironman 2 (I am leaving off 3, since I thought it wasn't any good)
(15) Incrediables (Great Pixar movie)
(16) Unbreakable (Very unrated movie. I still enjoy it.)
(17) Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(18) Blade (Pick one they are all the same, but Snipes played the character well)
(19) Crow (Very dark and something cool about it)
(20) Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.)

NOTE: I left Wolverine (he was my favorite superhero growing up, but I thought the movies were weak); Thor (I didn't see the 2nd one and I thought the first sucked); FF (blew);

No love for Bane?

2963510-tumblr_static_the-dark-knight-rises-and-bane-get-high-marks.jpg

I didn't like the third Batman.

I loved it, and Bane whupped the Batmans ass!

I am not familiar with the comic either, but the preview looks lame. They have to appeal to more than the comic book crowd!

you liked man of steel g....lots of people did not....there were parts in there that were pretty lame too,like these super advanced Kryptonians riding giant flying creatures to get around instead of using some kind of advanced machine.....i did not buy that at all....and Superman would have found a way to get Zod and Co. away from the city to do battle.....so i guess we will have to see....

you liked man of steel g....lots of people did not....there were parts in there that were pretty lame too,like these super advanced Kryptonians riding giant flying creatures to get around instead of using some kind of advanced machine.....i did not buy that at all....and Superman would have found a way to get Zod and Co. away from the city to do battle.....so i guess we will have to see....

I actually thought MoS was more sensible about the battles. How could Superman possibly keep a fight away from the city? Unless he just flees and hopes his opponents follow him any time the fight ends up near a populated area, there is going to be civilian damage. What bothered me about it is the city seemed miraculously empty.

I actually thought MoS was more sensible about the battles. How could Superman possibly keep a fight away from the city? Unless he just flees and hopes his opponents follow him any time the fight ends up near a populated area, there is going to be civilian damage. What bothered me about it is the city seemed miraculously empty.
how?.....they wanted Superman......so as he is fighting he leads them away from the city....like the way he did in the second movie.....but then Richard Donner knew more about comics than what Snyder seems to know....imo....

Forum List

Back