Top 10 Conservatives

"Top 10 Conservatives"

Each of whom are wrong on most – if not all – the issues.

And the likes of Cruz and Carson represent the bane of the social right and the wrongheaded extremism of the TPM.

And let me ask you something? Are YOU a Conservative?
(...didn't think so.)

"Top 10 Conservatives"

Each of whom are wrong on most – if not all – the issues.

And the likes of Cruz and Carson represent the bane of the social right and the wrongheaded extremism of the TPM.

And let me ask you something? Are YOU a Conservative?
(...didn't think so.)
If you honestly support Trump, you are not a conservative. Trump is a big government progressive who despises the Constitution.

Poor boss, thinking he can get away calling conservative anything he wants to call it. I have changed nothing: it is a process, an ideology, and a philosophy.

I haven't called conservatism anything I want to call it. I defined it as a philosophy rooted in experience and history, pragmatic reasoning to problem solving, examining all the evidence and considering the human consequences, with deference to individual moral and cultural virtue and liberty. I realize that is a rather long sentence with many big words you don't comprehend, but I think that's pretty good for summing up an entire political philosophy, which IS what Conservatism IS.

Any yes... you certainly HAVE changed your spiel. You have started including "philosophy" along side ideology and process, which makes absolutely NO sense. You need educational help if you don't understand the distinction between ideology and philosophy. But you have included MY argument in with what your failed argument was because you realize you got your ass kicked all over the playground. I actually find it quite flattering, to be honest.

Trump is a big government progressive who despises the Constitution.

and you've still presented no examples of this regarding his current policy positions. Nor have you explained why YOU.. a big fan of progressive policy... are NOT a huge Trump Fan Boy?

:dunno:

Trump is a big government progressive who despises the Constitution.

and you've still presented no examples of this regarding his current policy positions. Nor have you explained why YOU.. a big fan of progressive policy... are NOT a huge Trump Fan Boy?

:dunno:

Your OP provided ZERO examples of any policy positions of any of the candidates listed.

Weeeee! boss does not even know what is conservatism.

Boss: "A philosophy rooted in experience and history, pragmatic reasoning to problem solving, examining all the evidence and considering the human consequences, with deference to individual moral and cultural virtue and liberty." ~circa 20 minutes ago

Your OP provided ZERO examples of any policy positions of any of the candidates listed.

www.tedcruz.org

It's all spelled out there. Thanks

In your own words, please. In what way(s) is Ted Cruz like Ronald Reagan? What specific policy positions that Ted Cruz holds can be described as "Reagan-like"?

And....did you know that Jindal dropped out last week?

Boss: "A philosophy rooted in experience and history, pragmatic reasoning to problem solving, examining all the evidence and considering the human consequences, with deference to individual moral and cultural virtue and liberty." ~circa 20 minutes ago

Awesome. The man is citing his own gobbledygook.

I'd love to hear a discussion of whether or not the OP thinks creationism is pragmatic reasoning and based on an examination f the evidence. Ted Cruz thinks man was created by a god. Doesn't he?

How does taking a shit on mountains of evidence regarding AGW give one standing using the above description of conservatism?

Were the basic ideas behind the ACA pragmatic and reasonable when the Heritage Foundation proposed them?

Ignoring the leftist brigade's comments including Fakey.............I still like Carson out of the bunch.............I feel he is the most Honest of the bunch...........and believe he would endanger the Leftist's Brigade black vote............They continually deny it, but attack him like Rabid Dogs............Rabid Dogs.............someone said that about the Jihadist...........I wonder who said that...............but of course the leftist Brigade took that out of context and said that his comment was about all Muslims.........which brings to me their candidate..............

The Hildabeast...............another Habitual Liar.........as they attack the other side because that is how they defend the Liar.............

All of the candidates posted are night and day better than what the Leftist Brigade is putting up..............Want another Habitual Liar, with idiotic Foreign policy...........then vote for another Liar N Chief called the Hildabeast.

Here is my list of the Top 10 Conservative candidates for president. I have attempted to rank them on the basis of core Conservative philosophy and principles and disregard individual ideologies. This is sometimes problematic when there is a clash between individual ideology and true conservatism. In some cases it may cost a candidate a few points because they have a problem with conflicting principles and because the list is supposed to be Conservatives that is the default in evaluation. Feel free to disagree, this is just where my personal score card has it based on what I've seen.

1. Ted Cruz
The most Reagan-like conservative in the race. Makes very sound and well-reasoned arguments for core conservative principles, doesn't budge or hesitate and doesn't back down. He scores a solid 99%

2. Ben Carson

Very much a principled conservative who articulates the conservative philosophy in his viewpoints well. He may be slightly less outspoken than Cruz on the issues but the man thinks with a conservative mind. He scores 97%

3. Rick Santorum

A solid conservative voice. Perhaps a little too driven by social conservative ideology, he is still a strong and articulate advocate of Conservatism. He scores a solid 96%

4. Bobby Jindal

Very solid conservative philosophy and record. Makes very good reasoned arguments for the conservative message but maybe lacks the gravitas of name recognition of some others He gets a score of 94%

5. Donald Trump

He has previously taken very non-conservative positions on issues but he has never really been liberal. Most of what he is currently saying is right out of the Ronald Reagan play book. Whether or not it's just a good sales job remains to be seen but I believe the man is a principled Conservative in his views. He scores a respectable 92%

6. Marco Rubio

Another consistent conservative thinker. He is kind of like the male Latino version of Carly Fiorina. He is a little too 'touchy-feely' for me... reminds me of Bush's "compassionate conservatism" a bit. He scores 89%

7. Carly Fiorina

A fairly consistent conservative in a very blue state. She makes sound arguments for core conservative principles but may be a little to the Neocon side of the spectrum ideologically. She scores 88%

8. Rand Paul
He would score considerably higher if not for the strong libertarian ideological rhetoric. He is like the Thomas Paine of our time. Much of his ideological message is rooted in core conservative principles. He suffers a bit for being so passionate about personal ideology. He gets a score of 82%

9. Mike Huckabee

Very much a social conservative, he talks a good game. He is not as fiscally conservative which is the problem with most social conservatives. It is this conflict between his strong social conservative principles and the core philosophy of conservatism that knocks him down several notches in my book. He scores 75%

10. Chris Christie

Another blue state conservative who is probably more of a centrist in terms of philosophy. He doesn't really seem to grasp what conservative philosophy is about and can't genuinely articulate it. He scores 60%

I think they should be ranked according to entertainment value so it should be in this order

1 Trump
2 Carson
3 Fiorina
4 Huckabee
5 Cruz
6 Rubio
7 Santorum
8 Jindal
9 Paul
10 Christie

Santorum really deserves a higher spot but he's nearly invisible. I still have some hope for him though.

:banana:

www.tedcruz.org

In your own words, please. In what way(s) is Ted Cruz like Ronald Reagan? What specific policy positions that Ted Cruz holds can be described as "Reagan-like"?

I've been working on this for more than a week. Conservatives tend to contemplate things as opposed to making knee-jerk reactions off the cuff. So I am sorry that I inadvertently included Bobby Jindal in my list. For all who are butt-hurt by this, please move everyone up a spot and put Jeb Bush at #10 with a score of 45% There... problem corrected!

On Cruz, he has a long extensive track record which you can learn all about at www.tedcruz.org if you are so inclined. His policy positions, almost down the line, mirror the same positions Reagan took when he battled the GOP establishment for control of the party in 1979. The one major difference is, Cruz has actually been in Washington D.C. on the floor of the Senate arguing vociferously for Conservative policy. Reagan had no experience in Washington.

Awesome. The man is citing his own gobbledygook.

I'd love to hear a discussion of whether or not the OP thinks creationism is pragmatic reasoning and based on an examination f the evidence. Ted Cruz thinks man was created by a god. Doesn't he?

How does taking a shit on mountains of evidence regarding AGW give one standing using the above description of conservatism?

Were the basic ideas behind the ACA pragmatic and reasonable when the Heritage Foundation proposed them?

Blah blah... bla blah blah blahhh! :blahblah:

www.tedcruz.org

I've been working on this for more than a week. Conservatives tend to contemplate things as opposed to making knee-jerk reactions off the cuff. So I am sorry that I inadvertently included Bobby Jindal in my list. For all who are butt-hurt by this, please move everyone up a spot and put Jeb Bush at #10 with a score of 45% There... problem corrected!

On Cruz, he has a long extensive track record which you can learn all about at www.tedcruz.org if you are so inclined. His policy positions, almost down the line, mirror the same positions Reagan took when he battled the GOP establishment for control of the party in 1979. The one major difference is, Cruz has actually been in Washington D.C. on the floor of the Senate arguing vociferously for Conservative policy. Reagan had no experience in Washington.

You worked on that for a week? You have got to be kidding. I have asked you to compare Cruz and Reagan on policy. You have yet to do so. I'm thinking that you are unable.

What follows is a weeks worth of research and contemplation. You have a long way to go. Note how the guy provides his own reasoning for his assertion that Ted Cruz AINT NO REAGAN.

Ted Cruz Still Thinks He's Ronald Reagan. He's Still Wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back