State of the Republican Race

Who Do you Support for the GOP nomination

• Total voters

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Okay, will include a poll with this.

Donald Trump - defying all reason, Donald Trump is still the Front runner. I think it's a sad state of affairs when someone who has no real knowledge of the issues facing the country can be the front runner merely because he is a celebrity and all those politicians are boring, but that's where we are at. The Establishment if finally going to bring out the big guns on this guy, but will it be enough. I hope so.

Ben Carson - Carson is in decline now that people have figured out he's kind of a scam artist just telling them what they want to hear. His usefulness as the Right Wing's Racism Beard are kind of over. The question becomes, where do his votes go and who do they create as a viable alternative to Trump?

Marco Rubio- If the GOP had a brain, this discussion would be over. Rubio would be the nominee. He checks all the boxes, he's a good speaker, and he sounds less crazy than most of the other saying otherwise crazy things. I don't like the fact he seems to be in the pocket of Sheldon Adelson.

Ted Cruz - Cruz could be the guy to watch, because the kind of sentiment that is currently animating the bizarro campaigns of Trump and Carson could easily find a vessel in Ted's kind of crazy.

Jeb! Bush - Ah, how the mighty have fallen. Usually a Bush fails AFTER he gets into office. Jeb! decided to fail
before he got the nomination. This is a welcome improvement. The only thing that makes him viable is that he's sitting on a shitload of cash.

Fiorina- Really failed to spark.

Kasich - Too sane to get the GOP nomination, unfortunately.

Rand Paul- is it time to admit the Libertarians are a crazy Fringe and the GOP needs to stop pandering to them?

Everyone else- Who cares?

Cruz will, at best, win the loony states that went for Santorum in the 2012 primaries. So it'll come down to whether Trump or Rubio wins among the rest of them. I think it's a toss up. Will Trump lure a GOP base drunk on wild rhetoric and nativism? Or can Rubio win the base over as the safer bet ala Romney?

Kasich dropped out btw. Carson will soon follow. I predicted at his height he wouldn't finish in the top 3. For a slightly more obvious reason than the ones you posted.

Last edited:
Trump clearly revealed himself to the decent 85% of Americans as an undisciplined buffoon and incipient fascist.

Cruz will, at best, win the loony states that went for Santorum in the 2012 primaries. So it'll come down to whether Trump or Rubio wins among the rest of them. I think it's a toss up. Will Trump lure a GOP base drunk on wild rhetoric and nativism? Or can Rubio win the base over as the safer bet ala Romney?

Kasich dropped out btw. Carson will soon follow. I predicted at his height he wouldn't finish in the top 3. For a slightly more obvious reason than the ones you posted.

When did Kasich drop out? I missed that.

Trump clearly revealed himself to the decent 85% of Americans as an undisciplined buffoon and incipient fascist.

I wouldn't be too sure of that FakeJake.

One of the more troubling things last night was a discussion with my brother the Union Thug. He likes Bernie, but he also likes Trump. He has no use for Hillary. ("She had one job in the White House, and she outsourced it to Monica Lewinsky").

There's a whole swath of Americans who don't give a flip about parties or idealogies, they just vote on what appeals to their id.

The GOP establishment should have dealt with Trump early on. Smae on them for not doing so.

When did Kasich drop out? I missed that.
Oh shoot maybe he hasn't. There were some threads a couple of days ago about it. Maybe they were just speculation.

Kasich dropped out in 1999

He is still in for 2016.

It is going to be Trump, Cruz, or Carson. Carson is the weakest of the 3, with Cruz being the strongest, Trump sits in the middle. Polls don't show what I am saying, but it is true. Carson and Trump could actually lose debate to Hillary IF they are asked questions by moderators, and can't interact. On the other hand, they could contract out the questions to the most brilliant leftist in the world to ask, and Cruz would clean her clock.

As far as Rubio goes, he is establishment, just not as establishment as Bush, Kasich. Want to know where he got his recent rise in support? From the collapse of Bush, that's where!

Now, here is the funny thing, and it bodes well for Democrats; which is disgusting, but still not fatal for the GOP. As long as 1 establishment candidate is left in the race, as people drop, they will hand over their support to that person/group except for the 3.

You would think Fiorina wouldn't, but she is a Mcain sycophant; not to say she isn't a good candidate, but if she has to drop, she will support establishment people/person for sure.

What you have is Trump, Carson, and Cruz against the rest of them. Even Rand Paul will support the establishment when he drops, because of the deal he cut with tricky Mitch. There is little doubt that any of the 3 would be better Presidents than Hillary, although for completely different reasons. But, I believe that of the 3, only Carson and Cruz can beat her. Were it Biden instead of Hillary, I think all 3 could do it, but with it being a woman, I contend it is going to be more about how it is handled, instead of just running her over.

Donald Trump - defying all reason, Donald Trump is still the Front runner. I think it's a sad state of affairs when someone who has no real knowledge of the issues facing the country can be the front runner merely because he is a celebrity and all those politicians are boring, but that's where we are at. The Establishment if finally going to bring out the big guns on this guy, but will it be enough. I hope so.

Ben Carson - Carson is in decline now that people have figured out he's kind of a scam artist just telling them what they want to hear. His usefulness as the Right Wing's Racism Beard are kind of over. The question becomes, where do his votes go and who do they create as a viable alternative to Trump?

Marco Rubio- If the GOP had a brain, this discussion would be over. Rubio would be the nominee. He checks all the boxes, he's a good speaker, and he sounds less crazy than most of the other saying otherwise crazy things. I don't like the fact he seems to be in the pocket of Sheldon Adelson.

Ted Cruz - Cruz could be the guy to watch, because the kind of sentiment that is currently animating the bizarro campaigns of Trump and Carson could easily find a vessel in Ted's kind of crazy.

Jeb! Bush - Ah, how the mighty have fallen. Usually a Bush fails AFTER he gets into office. Jeb! decided to fail
before he got the nomination. This is a welcome improvement. The only thing that makes him viable is that he's sitting on a shitload of cash.

Rand Paul- is it time to admit the Libertarians are a crazy Fringe and the GOP needs to stop pandering to them?

Ask any of them how many states are in the USA and they'll all say 50

The hillary is your gal.

Trump, Cruz, or Carson will not be the nominee.

What a buncha silly far right contardos y as.

Last edited:

Ask any of them how many states are in the USA and they'll all say 50

Obama would say 57.

Forum List

Back