Too close to home

This latest mass shooting was in my neck of the woods.

What's got to happen before guns for all gets shitcanned?
Research shows that a majority of people will have to be exposed to a mass shooting incident before attitudes change sufficiently. Until then its in the 'hasn't happened in my back yard' category, which is not enough incentive to reduce easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics, (mssa)...
Using data from multiple sources on mass public shootings merged with the 2010 Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES), we show that increased proximity to a mass shooting is associated with heightened public support for stricter government regulation of firearms. Importantly, we show that this main effect does not vary by partisanship.
https://www.cambridge.org/
These tragedies are sad but gun violence and gun accidents are the cost of freedom and liberty. We the people are the last line of defense. That's how our Founding Fathers saw it, and that's how the Constitution sees it.

Last line of defense against what? Our own government? Boyo, the government could wipe your entire family off the map in one day and no one would ever know what happened to you. No number of weapons are going to protect you against the government. We don't even know what kinds of weapons they have cooked up in their military R&D. You're going to stop the big bad gov with a little semi-auto? Haha.
It's doubtful. But the beauty is we'll never find out because there are 300 million guns in the hands of it's citizens.

And of course none of that matters because the bottom line is that's how the Founding Fathers saw it, and that's how the Constitution sees it.

To actually harness that power, you'd have to organize it. Think you're gonna organize 100 million people? 10 million? 1 million? Probably not, huh? How about 100,000? Very unlikely in the heat of the inevitable mass panic and confusion that would surely ensue were the government to take military action against the American people. Okay, so maybe 10,000? Okay, maybe you could actually get 10,000 people to form a coherent fighting force.

Oh yeah, right; 10,000 people ain't jack shit. And chances are you couldn't even manage that. It's hard enough trying to get a few hundred organized over something stupid and (relatively) risk free like a company party. Meanwhile, the military is already highly organized, well-trained, and armed with the best weapons and technology. They would win before the American people even knew what the hell was happening. The best you could hope for is some kind of war of attrition, and then it would be less about guns and more about the spirit, the soul, and the will to win at any cost.

The 2nd amendment is not going to help you "fight the government". Please get that through your thick heads.
Only a fool would think the military would go against its own citizens, when the military is overwhelmingly pro second amendment. They would turn on the career politicians/Deep state in a second before going against their citizens.
The federal government and the country I’m not one in the same never have been never will be. I’ll go back to your safe space you fucking cowardly snowflake

So it's the gun's fault. I agree the mentally ill shouldn't have guns, but the stupidity you've adopted contributes to these incidences, because you blame material items as opposed to recognizing the cause.

The availability of guns is driving school shootings. If that boy had not been able to buy a gun, this shooting wouldn’t have happened.

You can’t have a school shooting without a gun.

So it's the gun's fault.
Nope, it's the fucktard that has the gun.

And the fucktards that allowed the fucktard access to a gun.

DWFGzFjX4AAgXVB.jpg

The Congress Members Receiving the Most N.R.A. Funding

1r_3Gq-s
Washington redskin, Stay out of the fucking fire water

Research shows that a majority of people will have to be exposed to a mass shooting incident before attitudes change sufficiently. Until then its in the 'hasn't happened in my back yard' category, which is not enough incentive to reduce easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics, (mssa)...
Using data from multiple sources on mass public shootings merged with the 2010 Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES), we show that increased proximity to a mass shooting is associated with heightened public support for stricter government regulation of firearms. Importantly, we show that this main effect does not vary by partisanship.
These tragedies are sad but gun violence and gun accidents are the cost of freedom and liberty. We the people are the last line of defense. That's how our Founding Fathers saw it, and that's how the Constitution sees it.

Last line of defense against what? Our own government? Boyo, the government could wipe your entire family off the map in one day and no one would ever know what happened to you. No number of weapons are going to protect you against the government. We don't even know what kinds of weapons they have cooked up in their military R&D. You're going to stop the big bad gov with a little semi-auto? Haha.
Lol
The military, police and fire is overwhelmingly pro second amendment... dolt

It’s a not an all or nothing thing. You can be pro 2nd Amendment and still be in favour of banning semi-automatic riffles, large magazines, and background checks.

The police want AR15’s banned. They don’t want criminals having these weapons.

It's doubtful. But the beauty is we'll never find out because there are 300 million guns in the hands of it's citizens.

And of course none of that matters because the bottom line is that's how the Founding Fathers saw it, and that's how the Constitution sees it.

To actually harness that power, you'd have to organize it. Think you're gonna organize 100 million people? 10 million? 1 million? Probably not, huh? How about 100,000? Very unlikely in the heat of the inevitable mass panic and confusion that would surely ensue were the government to take military action against the American people. Okay, so maybe 10,000? Okay, maybe you could actually get 10,000 people to form a coherent fighting force.

Oh yeah, right; 10,000 people ain't jack shit. And chances are you couldn't even manage that. It's hard enough trying to get a few hundred organized over something stupid and (relatively) risk free like a company party. Meanwhile, the military is already highly organized, well-trained, and armed with the best weapons and technology. They would win before the American people even knew what the hell was happening. The best you could hope for is some kind of war of attrition, and then it would be less about guns and more about the spirit, the soul, and the will to win at any cost.

The 2nd amendment is not going to help you "fight the government". Please get that through your thick heads.
Dude, you are wasting your time. I know the history. I know the intent. That's all that matters.

Okay. Keep telling yourself that, lol. Meanwhile, people with brains will remain fully aware that having a gun won't do shit for you should the government come calling. Maybe you'll be able to stop a burglar or scare off a bear, though.

So remind us how long has the US military been fighting against sheep herders in Afghanistan?

Fighting them and killing them for decades with minimal casualties (on their side).

Oh, and they wouldn't have to drag their equipment halfway across the world to fight in the U.S. Plus, Americans just don't have the complete lack of respect for human life that the Taliban have. A few drone strikes and they'd fall in line before the first week is out. You'd have some lunatics fighting the good fight years later, but they'd be no better off than the Taliban; hiding in the dark, waiting for a day that will never come.
You’re a fool, US military would never turn against its own citizens. They are overwhelmingly pro second amendment along with police and fire. Anyway to this point the United States a serval times the size of Afghanistan, they have many times the firearms than Afghanistan... even logistically it’s not gonna happen.
You do realize that the US military never votes like you progressive pussies? LOL

So it's the gun's fault. I agree the mentally ill shouldn't have guns, but the stupidity you've adopted contributes to these incidences, because you blame material items as opposed to recognizing the cause.

The availability of guns is driving school shootings. If that boy had not been able to buy a gun, this shooting wouldn’t have happened.

Fool, A bomb/truck would work just as well actually probably better… Get your head out of your ass

Would that it never happens here, but for the sake or argument, consider that if only 50% of gun owners decided to resist, they would number in excess of 50,000,000. A good percentage have military or police combat training. Many individuals and groups have been collecting weapons for years.

Total active US military personnel numbers under 4,000,000. Reserves equal about 800,000. Do the math.

It's doubtful in such a situation that local police would join them, since they and their families have to live in the same neighborhoods with the resistors.

We have seen in the Middle East in recent years the potential of insurgent armies. Also, it is unlikely the national government would be willing to lay waste large portions of America in order to force an unconstitutional point of law, no matter how corrupt they may be. Money, after all, is money.

Well yeah, no shit. It's all rhetorical. My point is, even if you have a massive fighting force, it's useless if it has no direction and no clear leader. Chaos is going to favor the small, mobile, and precise government/military force.

In the case that Billy Bob is sitting in his house with his shotgun held close, waiting for Big Brother to come for him ... well, if they want to kill Billy, they can do it from a mile away before he even has a chance to blink. That little shotgun isn't going to do him any good. If they want to sneak into his house and bug it, they're just going to wait for him to leave. Meanwhile his gun is sitting there, collecting dust. See what I mean? In no circumstance does Billy's gun actually help protect him from the government.

Who said the resistance to such an attempt would be sitting home waiting?

And you'd be surprised how quickly a sufficiently disciplined group can be put together.

Well if the gov is coming after you, they probably aren't going to let you know they're coming, or when. Billy Bob in my scenario is hugging his shotty because that's what he does every day, wearing his trusty tinfoil hat and hoarding 3 years of rations in an underground bunker.

Resistance would be active before such a decision was even made. Are you older than 10?

You are conflating two different scenarios; one, the People vs. the U.S. goverment. And the second, you vs. the U.S. government. In either case, it won't be guns that save either you or the People.
Only a fool thinks that the federal government and the country are one in the same.

What's got to happen before guns for all gets shitcanned? These parents should sue the government for not protecting kids that are required by law to attend school.
The government has already provided you with a gun free school zone so no shooting can happen in school. That should be enough for you, as well as the law the government has provided for you making murder illegal so no murders can happen.

Fool, A bomb/truck would work just as well actually probably better… Get your head out of your ass

School shooters aren’t using bombs, and trucks. They’re using guns. One fertilizer bomb in Oklahoma and restrictions on large scale fertilizer purchases were enacted. Hundred of school shootings have happened in the past 15 years and not one law has been passed to limit access to guns.

Lol

It’s a not an all or nothing thing. You can be pro 2nd Amendment and still be in favour of banning semi-automatic riffles, large magazines, and background checks.

Actually you’re wrong, the vast majority of my customers are military, police and fire.
I live near two military bases, And I sell firearms to the local sheriffs department.
The police encourage people to buy home defense firearms like shotguns Ar15’s and handguns. Dumbass

School shooters aren’t using bombs, and trucks. They’re using guns. One fertilizer bomb in Oklahoma and restrictions on large scale fertilizer purchases were enacted. Hundred of school shootings have happened in the past 15 years and not one law has been passed to limit access to guns.
They will just find something else if you tried to ban firearms. Middle East Terrorists much prefer bombs/cars for their terrorism.... They are much more affective

Lol

Actually you’re wrong, the vast majority of my customers are military, police and fire.
I live near two military bases, And I sell firearms to the local sheriffs department.
The police encourage people to buy home defense firearms like shotguns Ar15’s and handguns. Dumbass

You’re a Russian troll who sells nothing. Stop trying your bullshit on me. You’re not fooling anyone.

You jerks were on this board sowing discord before the bodies were cold.

Only a fool would think more frivolous gun laws will help anybody but the criminals... lol

Lol

You’re a Russian troll who sells nothing. Stop trying your bullshit on me. You’re not fooling anyone.

Lol, you’re funny...
As for your crocodile tears…
:CryingCow:

Lol

Back to stupid I see. Someone disagrees with you, you label them as a Russian, I guess it beats the hell out of you trying to think.

Buying guns is a Constitutional right

These tragedies are sad but gun violence and gun accidents are the cost of freedom and liberty.
Absolutely. School kids of other parents are quite an acceptable price to pay don't you think? Well, you do think, obviously.

It's almost as though the countries with lower rates of gun violence and gun violence are less free with less liberty. Those poor subjugated Canadians. Think of the Mooseknuckles!

Yet the Constitution has been amended before. Perhaps you mean that's how the gun nuts see it.

Forum List

Back