Tom Arnold: 80% Of Gun Owners Shoot Themselves Or Family Member

Ridiculous ... I've only ever shot drifters and homeless people. People who won't be 'missed'.

I think what he was going for was that 80% of gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence... He probably should have phrased it better, but that's pretty much accurate.

Remove suicides and what do you have?
I thought you people were all about a person having a choice over their own body.

I think what he was going for was that 80% of gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence... He probably should have phrased it better, but that's pretty much accurate.
Read the cite. You have leaned over so far you've fallen on your face.

Remove suicides and what do you have?
I thought you people were all about a person having a choice over their own body.

I'm not sure who "you people" are. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and should always be discouraged.

But if you remove the 67% of gun deaths that are suicides, you still have the 33% that are homicides, most of them because a gun turned a family fight into a family tragedy.

Again, he phrased it poorly... but his point is taken.... 80% of gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence. Probably more.

I know a lot of gun owners, and not one of them have shot themselves or anyone else.
If 80% manage to do that, you'd sure think that all of us would know a lot of incidents where it did happen.

So apparently what he meant to say, was 80% of the time WHEN THERE IS A SHOOTING, it's the shooter shooting themselves, or a family member.

Hey Tom, we've been saying all along that most of the gun deaths are self-inflicted. You guys like to twist the stats and make it sound like it's the wild wild west, but the truth is most of the gun deaths are by CHOICE.

So apparently what he meant to say, was 80% of the time WHEN THERE IS A SHOOTING, it's the shooter shooting themselves, or a family member.

Hey Tom, we've been saying all along that most of the gun deaths are self-inflicted. You guys like to twist the stats and make it sound like it's the wild wild west, but the truth is most of the gun deaths are by CHOICE.

But that's the point. When you let any irresponsible person own a gun as a right, of course, you are going to get a lot of people killing themselves or their loved ones...

Why you guys think this is acceptable is the problem.

"This explains why 80% of gun owners shoot themselves or members of their own families."

— Tom Arnold (@TomArnold) November 30, 2018
How is it possible to misunderstand what the man said. 80% of gun owners would be, conservatively, over 80 million people with family members maybe 150 million. You can not justify stupidity or fix it.

Forum List

Back