Tom Arnold: 80% Of Gun Owners Shoot Themselves Or Family Member

The Left are our intellectual and moral superiors you know.

Tom Arnold: 80 Percent Of Gun Owners Shoot Themselves Or Family
Ah, yes.

The question isn't: "Should we attack Tom Arnold"?

The question is: "Is he wrong"?

And yes...he is wrong.....

of the gun murder number below, 70-80% of the victims are criminals so....going with 80% since it is my post....that leaves 2,200 non criminal victims of gun murder....and of those, many are the friends and family of the criminal...

Gun murder.....2016

FBI....11,004

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Gun Suicide.....22,938

Accidental gun death...

Ah, yes.

The question isn't: "Should we attack Tom Arnold"?

The question is: "Is he wrong"?

And yes...he is wrong.....

of the gun murder number below, 70-80% of the victims are criminals so....going with 80% since it is my post....that leaves 2,200 non criminal victims of gun murder....and of those, many are the friends and family of the criminal...

Gun murder.....2016

FBI....11,004

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Gun Suicide.....22,938

Accidental gun death...

Too bad FACTS don't matter with the anti-science left.

Last edited:
I think what he was going for was that 80% of gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence... He probably should have phrased it better, but that's pretty much accurate.

Remove suicides and what do you have?
I thought you people were all about a person having a choice over their own body.

I'm not sure who "you people" are. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and should always be discouraged.

But if you remove the 67% of gun deaths that are suicides, you still have the 33% that are homicides, most of them because a gun turned a family fight into a family tragedy.
Wrong 90 percent of all firearms murders are criminals killing other criminals.
My hand sees my head as a dangerous criminal that must be shot:

Most gun deaths suicide
Suicide is a choice but we all know how you feel about people having choices

Anyone who disagrees with your understanding is insensible? That statement says volumes about you and your agenda. It tells me you are foolish beyond words. Suicide is another issue. The French and the Japanese have higher suicide rates the the US and both have extremely strict gun control. Suicides will find a way. Pop another Mountain Dew open a bag of Doritos and try try again.

The Japanese have a higher suicide rate because their culture accepts suicide as honorable.

And the thing is, when someone attempts suicide and fails, they usually never try again. Getting rid of the guns would reduce the number of suicides...

So apparently what he meant to say, was 80% of the time WHEN THERE IS A SHOOTING, it's the shooter shooting themselves, or a family member.

Hey Tom, we've been saying all along that most of the gun deaths are self-inflicted. You guys like to twist the stats and make it sound like it's the wild wild west, but the truth is most of the gun deaths are by CHOICE.

But that's the point. When you let any irresponsible person own a gun as a right, of course, you are going to get a lot of people killing themselves or their loved ones...

Why you guys think this is acceptable is the problem.

If someone wants to kill themselves they're going to find a way regardless of the availability of a gun.

So apparently what he meant to say, was 80% of the time WHEN THERE IS A SHOOTING, it's the shooter shooting themselves, or a family member.

Hey Tom, we've been saying all along that most of the gun deaths are self-inflicted. You guys like to twist the stats and make it sound like it's the wild wild west, but the truth is most of the gun deaths are by CHOICE.

But that's the point. When you let any irresponsible person own a gun as a right, of course, you are going to get a lot of people killing themselves or their loved ones...

Why you guys think this is acceptable is the problem.

You got a problem with people being able to defend themselves?

Joe believes ALL guns should be banned. Period.

Anyone who disagrees with your understanding is insensible? That statement says volumes about you and your agenda. It tells me you are foolish beyond words. Suicide is another issue. The French and the Japanese have higher suicide rates the the US and both have extremely strict gun control. Suicides will find a way. Pop another Mountain Dew open a bag of Doritos and try try again.

The Japanese have a higher suicide rate because their culture accepts suicide as honorable.

And the thing is, when someone attempts suicide and fails, they usually never try again. Getting rid of the guns would reduce the number of suicides...

Suicide is a choice you just hate it when people have choices

Man are you off base. The measure of liberty is freedom to choose.

Man are you off base. The measure of liberty is freedom to choose.

You can't be talking to me

I think what he was going for was that 80% of gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence... He probably should have phrased it better, but that's pretty much accurate.

So all those gun deaths don't really further the narrative that Joe six pack owning a gun puts the public at large in danger.

"This explains why 80% of gun owners shoot themselves or members of their own families."

— Tom Arnold (@TomArnold) November 30, 2018
How is it possible to misunderstand what the man said. 80% of gun owners would be, conservatively, over 80 million people with family members maybe 150 million. You can not justify stupidity or fix it.

Most sensible people understood what he was trying to say.. the issue that you gun nutters don't like to address, that you sell a dangerous product that kills 33,000 Americans every year with absolutely no benefit.

And therein lies your problem. You believe falsely that there is no benefit.

Your suicide argument is specious. The US has the twenty seventh highest suicide rate of nations of the world. The nations with higher suicie rates are found on every continent. Societies that have very strict gun control to very lax. Suprisingly Switzerland, rated the happiest country in the world, has a higher suicide rate than the US. Those who want to commit suicide will find a way.
A thought about your answer to the Japanese suicide rate. I lived in Japan for years and the sense I got from the Japanese is death is the only acceptable apology for failure.
Suicide I think belongs in the mental illness segment not the guns are bad. If guns are bad because of suicide, so is rope, water, height, knives, automobile, and a hundred other things I haven't thought of.

"This explains why 80% of gun owners shoot themselves or members of their own families."

— Tom Arnold (@TomArnold) November 30, 2018
How is it possible to misunderstand what the man said. 80% of gun owners would be, conservatively, over 80 million people with family members maybe 150 million. You can not justify stupidity or fix it.

Most sensible people understood what he was trying to say.. the issue that you gun nutters don't like to address, that you sell a dangerous product that kills 33,000 Americans every year with absolutely no benefit.

And therein lies your problem. You believe falsely that there is no benefit.
Benefit to what, fantastic lies?

Lol
There nothing more cowardly than suicide... Firearms have nothing to do with it

Well, I'm not a huge fan of his, nor am I prone to following celebrities in general, and I think his statistics are probably off by a bit.

However, I bet gun owners are almost 100% more likely to accidentally shoot themselves or a family member than non owners.
Lol
Most likely there are 400,000,000+ firearms and legally by Americans… There is no danger there.
Americans have always owned firearms in great numbers… Part of what makes America great, the country… Not the government

Forum List

Back