Tom Arnold: 80% Of Gun Owners Shoot Themselves Or Family Member

"This explains why 80% of gun owners shoot themselves or members of their own families."

— Tom Arnold (@TomArnold) November 30, 2018
How is it possible to misunderstand what the man said. 80% of gun owners would be, conservatively, over 80 million people with family members maybe 150 million. You can not justify stupidity or fix it.

Most sensible people understood what he was trying to say.. the issue that you gun nutters don't like to address, that you sell a dangerous product that kills 33,000 Americans every year with absolutely no benefit.

Last edited:
I think what he was going for was that 80% of gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence... He probably should have phrased it better, but that's pretty much accurate.

Remove suicides and what do you have?
I thought you people were all about a person having a choice over their own body.

I'm not sure who "you people" are. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and should always be discouraged.

But if you remove the 67% of gun deaths that are suicides, you still have the 33% that are homicides, most of them because a gun turned a family fight into a family tragedy.
Wrong 90 percent of all firearms murders are criminals killing other criminals.

"This explains why 80% of gun owners shoot themselves or members of their own families."

How is it possible to misunderstand what the man said. 80% of gun owners would be, conservatively, over 80 million people with family members maybe 150 million. You can not justify stupidity or fix it.

Most sensible people understood what he was trying to say.. the issue that you gun nutters don't like to address, that you sell a dangers product that kills 33,000 Americans every year with absolutely no benefit.
Anyone who disagrees with your understanding is insensible? That statement says volumes about you and your agenda. It tells me you are foolish beyond words. Suicide is another issue. The French and the Japanese have higher suicide rates the the US and both have extremely strict gun control. Suicides will find a way. Pop another Mountain Dew open a bag of Doritos and try try again.

Most sensible people understood what he was trying to say.. the issue that you gun nutters don't like to address, that you sell a dangerous product that kills 33,000 Americans every year with absolutely no benefit.
Why do you care? You’re in another thread calling for the murder of journalists who record you Antifa fascists.

You’re just a violent freak who loves fascism, so go sit on your baseball bat and rotate.

I think what he was going for was that 80% of gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence... He probably should have phrased it better, but that's pretty much accurate.
Read the cite. You have leaned over so far you've fallen on your face.

Again, he phrased it poorly... but his point is taken.... 80% of gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence. Probably more.
That is false.

As usual you pulled your stats out of your ass and have no citation to back it up

Remove suicides and what do you have?
I thought you people were all about a person having a choice over their own body.

I'm not sure who "you people" are. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and should always be discouraged.

But if you remove the 67% of gun deaths that are suicides, you still have the 33% that are homicides, most of them because a gun turned a family fight into a family tragedy.
Wrong 90 percent of all firearms murders are criminals killing other criminals.
My hand sees my head as a dangerous criminal that must be shot:

Most gun deaths suicide

So apparently what he meant to say, was 80% of the time WHEN THERE IS A SHOOTING, it's the shooter shooting themselves, or a family member.

Hey Tom, we've been saying all along that most of the gun deaths are self-inflicted. You guys like to twist the stats and make it sound like it's the wild wild west, but the truth is most of the gun deaths are by CHOICE.

But that's the point. When you let any irresponsible person own a gun as a right, of course, you are going to get a lot of people killing themselves or their loved ones...

Why you guys think this is acceptable is the problem.

You got a problem with people being able to defend themselves?

If someone hasn't beaten me to it 80% of gun owners should shoot Tom Arnold.

He's an absolute buffoon.

Forum List

Back