To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I say every year this time of year... the problem with the modern right is that it watches It's a Wonderful Life and cheers for Mr. Potter.

sub-buzz-25430-1481883914-1.jpg
Never saw the movie.

So once again your point is meaningless
Think Scrooge.

So, you just want to change who they hire and who they don’t and who they layoff and who they don’t. You must be a single male, they could pay you less and because you have an outside income besides the job, they could even pay you less than a single male with no outside job.

Actually, quite the contrary... A lot of the ladies at two jobs back were Indian women working for a pittance, but their husbands ran 7-11's and they were just working for health insurance.

another company i worked for, same deal. they'd never get a single white male to work for what they were offering for those assembly jobs, but these ladies were happy with it.
and you want to tell them they shouldn't be happy with it.

Tell is there anything in anyone's life that you think is none of your fucking business?

IF you answer yes you are lying as usual

if they raise the burger wages to 15.00hr, then the prostitutes will be forced to raise their wages to 35.00 an hr..and they will go out of buisiness !!!!

Businesses should be financially responsible for their employees families.
Why? Is it not the responsibility of the individual to take care of themselves and their family? The employer is only responsible for the well being of the employee via insurance, aka workers comp if the employee gets hurt while performing his job; and a wage they both agreed to.
We don't live on Islands.
An employee does a better job if his family is provided for. What is the point of having a job that doesn't provide a living wage, you might as well be a criminal or homeless. Why bother getting dressed and going to work if you aren't making a living wage? You should die or become a criminal instead.
Are we not individuals? What is a "living wage"? A family of 4, husband and wife working, making minimum wage, are living above the poverty level, but when they start getting in debt due to wants instead of needs, I ask again who's fault is it?
If you can't afford rent, food, utilities you aren't receiving a living wage. Nothing to do with wants. When people, such as yourself, argue against the living wage, you throw out stupid shit like wants, big screen tv's, etc. The stuff required to live keeps getting more expensive. It's only the luxuries that are getting cheaper. I say make it more expensive to buy luxuries, by charging a living wage tariff on those countries that don't pay a living wage, by insuring Americans who make a living wage are the ones who make those luxury items, so that all Americans can afford rent, bed, and utilities. Car and College would be nice too.
If a person is making minimum wage ($10.50 in California = $21,840 per year)), they can rent a furnished apt for $400 per month, utilities are less than $100, food about $600 per month, thats $1100 per month ($13,200 for the year). Now they still have money left over ($8,640). So again, what really is a living wage?

So, you just want to change who they hire and who they don’t and who they layoff and who they don’t. You must be a single male, they could pay you less and because you have an outside income besides the job, they could even pay you less than a single male with no outside job.

Actually, quite the contrary... A lot of the ladies at two jobs back were Indian women working for a pittance, but their husbands ran 7-11's and they were just working for health insurance.

another company i worked for, same deal. they'd never get a single white male to work for what they were offering for those assembly jobs, but these ladies were happy with it.

Oh good for you, then they will make less because their husbands have income so their living wage will go down further. Also thank you, you gave me a great idea for a business.

Businesses should be financially responsible for their employees families.
Why? Is it not the responsibility of the individual to take care of themselves and their family? The employer is only responsible for the well being of the employee via insurance, aka workers comp if the employee gets hurt while performing his job; and a wage they both agreed to.
An employee does a better job if his family is provided for. What is the point of having a job that doesn't provide a living wage, you might as well be a criminal or homeless. Why bother getting dressed and going to work if you aren't making a living wage? You should die or become a criminal instead.
Are we not individuals? What is a "living wage"? A family of 4, husband and wife working, making minimum wage, are living above the poverty level, but when they start getting in debt due to wants instead of needs, I ask again who's fault is it?
If you can't afford rent, food, utilities you aren't receiving a living wage. Nothing to do with wants. When people, such as yourself, argue against the living wage, you throw out stupid shit like wants, big screen tv's, etc. The stuff required to live keeps getting more expensive. It's only the luxuries that are getting cheaper. I say make it more expensive to buy luxuries, by charging a living wage tariff on those countries that don't pay a living wage, by insuring Americans who make a living wage are the ones who make those luxury items, so that all Americans can afford rent, bed, and utilities. Car and College would be nice too.
If a person is making minimum wage ($10.50 in California = $21,840 per year)), they can rent a furnished apt for $400 per month, utilities are less than $100, food about $600 per month, thats $1100 per month ($13,200 for the year). Now they still have money left over ($8,640). So again, what really is a living wage?

Liquid, the left has no idea what a living wage is, they want the government to set what a living wage is, they want government to set what a CEO can make, they want it so every burger flipper makes the same as a CEO. We saw this coming during the healthcare debate, they limited what insurance companies profits were. They also wanted to control more of what doctors made but that didn’t work that time.

It is that mentality that will push business owner out, because they will take the risk and not see a reward. The new American Dream will be get a job and not have responsibility.

Liquid, the left has no idea what a living wage is, they want the government to set what a living wage is, they want government to set what a CEO can make, they want it so every burger flipper makes the same as a CEO. We saw this coming during the healthcare debate, they limited what insurance companies profits were. They also wanted to control more of what doctors made but that didn’t work that time.

It is that mentality that will push business owner out, because they will take the risk and not see a reward. The new American Dream will be get a job and not have responsibility.
I get a kick out of when they claim "Europe does it", so we should too? I bet not a single one of them has ever lived in Europe, they don't grasp all the govt subsidies that are paid to keep their individual costs down for food, etc or how they pay a lot more in payroll taxes because of those subsidies. Property tax is outrageous, vehicle fees are outrageous. Service companies are outrageous to come to your house to fix anything. There are homeless there too.

Now, is it not up to the individual to manage themselves and their incomes? It's all a choice that one can make, to either survive or better yourself, as the world doesn't owe anybody anything.

Tell is there anything in anyone's life that you think is none of your fucking business?

I'm saying the reason why we got Trump right now is because those white males without a college education can't get those jobs because hiring the Indian Lady is cheaper, and that's part of the problem. When the One Percent can't replace you with a machine, they hire someone who is desperate, or find some other way to cheat.

and I really see no need to watch old black and white movies than were made before I was born.

Funny, the Bible was written before you were born,and your side (maybe not you personally) keep citing that as a guide for life.

Most of the Constitution was written before you were born, but man, you fucking cite that like it's holy fucking writ! What, want to keep crazies from getting guns? But, but, but, RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!!

I have never read the bible

I am not a religious person at all

and to quote Treebeard, "I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side"

And you now have to quote where I said the adjudicated mentally ill should be able to own firearms. And good luck with that one

IMO no one who has ever been convicted of a crime should be able to own a firearm. That said people like me who will pass every background check you can think of should be able to own whatever and as many firearms as they want.

Anyone convicted of any crime while in possession of a firearm should get a minimum mandatory 25 year sentence with no parole. Those who commit a violent crime while in possession of a firearm should get life. But you don't want to punish the actual criminals

In other words, you don't agree with the foundational principles upon which this Republic was founded. You think God don't love you so you love the concept of a God / government. You want different classes of citizens, no unalienable Rights, and the perfect Nanny State. Got it.

I'm saying the reason why we got Trump right now is because those white males without a college education can't get those jobs because hiring the Indian Lady is cheaper, and that's part of the problem. When the One Percent can't replace you with a machine, they hire someone who is desperate, or find some other way to cheat.

You've got a pretty good handle on the problem. Wish you were more amenable to the real solutions.

Hiring people who can perform a job with the skill needed for the lowest cost the market allows is not cheating.

and I really see no need to watch old black and white movies than were made before I was born.

Funny, the Bible was written before you were born,and your side (maybe not you personally) keep citing that as a guide for life.

Most of the Constitution was written before you were born, but man, you fucking cite that like it's holy fucking writ! What, want to keep crazies from getting guns? But, but, but, RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!!

And you now have to quote where I said the adjudicated mentally ill should be able to own firearms. And good luck with that one

IMO no one who has ever been convicted of a crime should be able to own a firearm. That said people like me who will pass every background check you can think of should be able to own whatever and as many firearms as they want.

Anyone convicted of any crime while in possession of a firearm should get a minimum mandatory 25 year sentence with no parole. Those who commit a violent crime while in possession of a firearm should get life. But you don't want to punish the actual criminals

In other words, you don't agree with the foundational principles upon which this Republic was founded. You think God don't love you so you love the concept of a God / government. You want different classes of citizens, no unalienable Rights, and the perfect Nanny State. Got it.

If you abuse the rights you have by bringing harm to others you should be punished. The best way to punish people who commit crimes and harm other is to deny them the rights and privileges of those who do not commit crimes and harm others

But I suppose you're one of those idiots who say they would let a convicted child molester babysit their kids because everyone deserves a second chance, right?

Hiring people who can perform a job with the skill needed for the lowest cost the market allows is not cheating.

If they do all the work and you get all the profits, I can't imagine a better definition of cheating.

When the poor steal, it's called Crime.
When the rich steal, it's called Profits.

Paying a person an agreed upon wage for an agreed upon job is not stealing.

No one is forcing anyone to work for them

That would be true if the alternative weren't starving.

So, let's do it this way. Everyone gets a guaranteed income, and then the One Percent can negotiate for any labor they want done beyond that.

Works for me.

Works for you because you want to get paid for not working. You are more than happy to have money taken from others and given to you

I for one would rather pick up dog shit for a penny a pile than go on the dole.

So, let's do it this way. Everyone gets a guaranteed income, and then the One Percent can negotiate for any labor they want done beyond that.

Works for me.

Sure does, until that $5 burger you just flipped starts selling for $10-$12, then you'll be back to pissing and moaning.

If you abuse the rights you have by bringing harm to others you should be punished. The best way to punish people who commit crimes and harm other is to deny them the rights and privileges of those who do not commit crimes and harm others

But I suppose you're one of those idiots who say they would let a convicted child molester babysit their kids because everyone deserves a second chance, right?

So you presuppose I'm an idiot?

Well, IF the government were doing their job, child molesters would not be allowed back onto the streets.

Since you DO have a problem with some Rights, let me assure you, this nation was built upon the premise that some Rights are unalienable... that is, above the reach of government. When people commit crimes, they are removed from society and punished along with the hope that prison reformed / rehabilitated that individual.

That's a separate issue, but we need to invest in rehabilitation and if people cannot be rehabilitated, you don't put them back into society.

Works for me.

Sure does, until that $5 burger you just flipped starts selling for $10-$12, then you'll be back to pissing and moaning.

This has been gone over many, many times. To get people at $15 an hour means that the average cost of a MickeyDs meal goes up, at the most, a quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back