To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One cannot survive on 25 dollars per hour and anything less is a complete kick in the shorts to a working adult. But some anti Americans disagree.

The average wage at McD’s is $10 an hour.
I figured the 6 months today at $10 an hr., which you could by a new car for.
The average price of a gallon of gasoline in May 1973 was 38.5 cents a gallon ($1.96 in 2012 dollars). By June 1974, it had risen to 55 cents or $2.53 a gallon in '12 dollars. In 1974, that was a 42-percent increase, far less than the current increase and that's for a situation in which there was no gas to sell. May 17, 2013
Runup in gas prices exceeds price impact of ’73 oil embargo

I said, yes, college is more today.
View attachment 164037

Even McDonald's acknowledges that their business was intended for children.
Holding businesses that are created with the employment of kids & college students responsible for the poor choices people make in life is wrong. If you're in your mid to late 20's or higher & working for minimum wage you have no one to blame but yourself. You're poor choices should not result in a 10.00 Big Mac or 4 dollar fry.
When I was that age, a job at McDonalds paid $2.10 an hour

That was two tickets to the movies
That was seven gallons of gas
I would have had to work half a year to buy a new car
I was able to pay for a full year of college just working summers

It would take over $15 an hour to do the same today
Actually, todays prices are similar, if you are talking around 1967, though minimum wage was $1.40, so you must have been doing something right, like working hard to go up the ladder.
Average new car price was $2750. You would have been short by $600 working full time.
Today you can get one for around $13,000.
You could work full time for 6 months at the $10 average per hour wage at McDonalds, and have a little left for gas.
Movie tickets were $1.25, so just short on that.
Today you can go to the movie for around $6-9 a ticket, depending where you are. Yes, it was cheaper back then.
And with todays avg $10 per hour, you could only get around 4-5 gallons of gas.
Yes, college was cheaper.
So, it is similar, over all, but college.

I'm talking 1974

Minimum wage workers did not buy average priced cars. But six months at $2.10 an hour ($2200) could buy you a new VW, Pinto, Dart, Vega even a Nova

Take you close to a year to buy that $13,000 car at $7.25

Want gas in that car?
$2.10 would buy you seven gallons in 1974
Your $7.25 would get you three today

Want to go to college on minimum wage in 1974 ?
I paid $650 a YEAR in 1974. About three months work at minimum wage

To get the buying power I had at minimum wage in 1974 you would need to earn $15 today

Fifteen bucks an hour full time is somewhere around $30,000 a year.

Someone should tell these right wing assholes around here that that is not a lot of money in this day and age.
That very much depends on where you live which is why a one size fits all attitude is bad for America.
It costs far less to live in Timbucktoo Nebraska than it does to live in NY

Someone should tell these right wing assholes around here that that is not a lot of money in this day and age.
Someone should tell Mexico it's their problem and send these worthless illegal fuckers home.

Full-time jobs are not part-time jobs. Stop treating part-time jobs designed for teens into full-time jobs for uneducated idiot Mexican filth.

Last edited:
Business should not expect much productivity even at $15 per hour. For that one shows up. Expect much more then pay more. Otherwise don't hire.

That very much depends on where you live which is why a one size fits all attitude is bad for America.
It costs far less to live in Timbucktoo Nebraska than it does to live in NY

New York State $15 Minimum Wage and Paid Family Leave - GovDocs

New York is already moving that way, so all you drones that want it can move to New York!

Who in their right mind wants to live in Nebraska making $15 per hour? Talk about a depressing sickening thought. Wow.

So you currently make ten bucks an hour, and you can't afford everything you want. Then we force industry to pay fifteen dollars an hour, and the cost of everything you can afford today goes up. How are you ahead?

Actually, no, far from it.

Derpy, hmmm, that sounds so familiar...
Well, at least you admit to being a commie...
That sounds curiously like the master Nazi race, nice going! Strangely Imam sure you're proud.
Throw that race card around at all costs, buddy. It works. I swear.

In fact, me typing this response is racist. My white privilege is seeping through.
:lol:

Illegal Mexicans have fucked up our entire labor force by coming in here, living 40 to a single-family house, taking low-wage jobs, and suppressing wages everywhere. It's the ultimate Bolshevik scam to pressure America into more marxist bullshit.

Never allow a commie to live.

That sounds curiously like the master Nazi race, nice going! Strangely Imam sure you're proud.
Throw that race card around at all costs, buddy. It works. I swear.

In fact, me typing this response is racist. My white privilege is seeping through.
:lol:

Illegal Mexicans have fucked up our entire labor force by coming in here, living 40 to a single-family house, taking low-wage jobs, and suppressing wages everywhere. It's the ultimate Bolshevik scam to pressure America into more marxist bullshit.

Never allow a commie to live.

Oh, please come get me.

And you're another Nazi, we can do this all day Derpy.

It should it's your mating call

And in case you can't see it the sign says "committed to being America's first job"

It doesn't say last job or career

Why wouldn't employers want to hold onto employees for life?

Because as we age, we make more money through pay increases. If you have employer sponsored healthcare coverage, that too increases.

Get rid of the middle-aged and older employees and replace them with young fresh blood that you can pay less wages to and pay less in healthcare premium costs.

If a person I see working greater than 30 hours a week, they are working for a living and not a high school kid. People working for a living deserve a living wage. Only in a society that does not value a work this could it be argued otherwise.

I remember when nobody gave two shits about what a child's job designed for children to gain work experience paid.
THEN
We became beanerized...35 year olds stole our kids jobs....and now people want us to pay $12 for a happy meal so Guadalupe and Pedro can feed their five anchor babies, buy their sack of weed, pit bull and Modello....What the fuck happened here people?
They started to listen to bigots I suppose.

If a person I see working greater than 30 hours a week, they are working for a living and not a high school kid. People working for a living deserve a living wage. Only in a society that does not value a work this could it be argued otherwise.

I remember when nobody gave two shits about what a child's job designed for children to gain work experience paid.
THEN
We became beanerized...35 year olds stole our kids jobs....and now people want us to pay $12 for a happy meal so Guadalupe and Pedro can feed their five anchor babies, buy their sack of weed, pit bull and Modello....What the fuck happened here people?
They started to listen to bigots I suppose.

You mean bigots like you far left drones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back