To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liberal immigration policy has been a MAJOR contributor to spoiled entitled children with poor to no work ethic. In my day we worked fast food, washed dishes, bused tables, mowed lawns etc. You know, all those things "White Americans" aren't willing to do.

Immigrants have taken these jobs and assumed them as careers. Somehow that's supposed to be good for Americans? I challenge anyone to give a single reason why. As usual, liberal policy is a detriment and invites weakness and failure.
And here we have it. When something is beyond your level of understanding just scream "librul" and bring race into it.
View attachment 164037

Even McDonald's acknowledges that their business was intended for children.
Holding businesses that are created with the employment of kids & college students responsible for the poor choices people make in life is wrong. If you're in your mid to late 20's or higher & working for minimum wage you have no one to blame but yourself. You're poor choices should not result in a 10.00 Big Mac or 4 dollar fry.
Their business was intended for teenagers in the 1950s and 60s but fast food has become a major employer in this country. Keep giving them $7.50 and we taxpayers will provide the food stamps. McWendyKing`s laughs at us.

You really got me a good one. Congratulations on your explanation for how this activity benefits society.
Living in western Pa. I have never knowingly seen an illegal
Our local steel mill employed 4,500 in the 60s, 3,200 when I was hired in 1972 and 550 today producing the same amount of product. This is no different from any other manufacturing plant. Where in the hell are people supposed to work these days where they don`t have to depend on food stamps? They made bad choices by not applying to Harvard?
This is almost an attitude of entitlement. Like the mill owed you a job because you lived there or something. Very weird.

I can only speak from my experience so I'll hit on the important points that drove me.

When I started out I lived in a modestly sized town. Work was available but there were more applicants than jobs. So my wife and I decided we needed to broaden our Horizions and look further for opportunities. She was still in college so it was tight but we saved every little bit we could each week. Once we had about a grand set aside I got some phone books from bigger cities across the country and started making cold phone calls inquiring about work opportunities. I got more rejection than anything but I did get a few opportunities in a couple cities. We then looked into the job market in those areas for her. Were they booming or stagnant...etc.
Eventually we decided on the Denver/Springs area and i took the 1k saved up and went out and paid for one week in a hotel. Determined to either land one of those jobs or return home before the money was gone.
I was hired on the FIRST DAY and I bet a lot of it was because of my ambition to move so far for work. It wasn't the job I wanted but it was a foot in the door in a growing area. A couple of months sitting in a shitty hotel alone while saving to get a place and bring my family out was the springboard to my career.
Over the next 5 years I did that two more times. Once to Washington DC and ultimately here in KC.

Life is all about risk. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Where in my post did I blame the steel mill for modernizing their factory and keeping people employed? WTF?
Your post is full of excuses. It has been a fact for years, taxation and unions have destroyed that industry. Since you know the area is bereft of jobs then plan accordingly. Move on from the area, or get a skill set you can use for any local jobs there are, or elsewhere, if you have to. Don't rely on others for what you are not willing to do for yourself. People that make enough from making wise choices, that must pay in taxes should not have to carry you, if you aren't willing to change your own mindset. Life isn't easy, never has been, never will be. No pain, no gain.

Question for liberals. Obviously you're asking for higher wages for low-skilled labor because of the cost of goods, rent, etc.

When you invent stupid shit to throw money at (i.e., entitlements, entertaining various languages and gender types, open borders, etc. etc. etc.), how do you figure that impacts the cost of living? If your answer is up, then it's time to do a real gut check and ask if you're advocating for your downfall.

If a person I see working greater than 30 hours a week, they are working for a living and not a high school kid. People working for a living deserve a living wage. Only in a society that does not value a work this could it be argued otherwise.

I remember when nobody gave two shits about what a child's job designed for children to gain work experience paid.
THEN
We became beanerized...35 year olds stole our kids jobs....and now people want us to pay $12 for a happy meal so Guadalupe and Pedro can feed their five anchor babies, buy their sack of weed, pit bull and Modello....What the fuck happened here people?

Right now$11 is equal to the minimum wage in 1968, in five years it probably will be $15. And in gentrified cities like New York and Seattle and San Francisco it should be 15 already. They should just make the minimum wage go up with inflation so we don't have to do this crap. Right now the minimum wage is a GOP scam and ridiculous... Great job GOP and silly dupes. Half the people working at McDonald's are now adults over 50 so raise it!

If a person I see working greater than 30 hours a week, they are working for a living and not a high school kid. People working for a living deserve a living wage. Only in a society that does not value a work this could it be argued otherwise.

I remember when nobody gave two shits about what a child's job designed for children to gain work experience paid.
THEN
We became beanerized...35 year olds stole our kids jobs....and now people want us to pay $12 for a happy meal so Guadalupe and Pedro can feed their five anchor babies, buy their sack of weed, pit bull and Modello....What the fuck happened here people?
Well Republicans refuse to give us a social security ID card that can't be faked so it's an open invitation for Latins to come in here and work, bigoted dupe. And a stupid useless fence won't help.

THEN
Well Republicans refuse to give us a social security ID card that can't be faked so it's an open invitation for Latins to come in here and work, bigoted dupe. And a stupid useless fence won't help.

Is that the same logic as; "you left your keys in your car, your car was stolen...it's your fault and not the thiefs"
Makes perfect sense if that twisted backward world of LibTardo Land
Haha...I love it...thanks for making me feel so smart and so well put together....My parents are so proud.

Who has been running those cities?
Right now$11 is equal to the minimum wage in 1968, in five years it probably will be $15. And in gentrified cities like New York and Seattle and San Francisco it should be 15 already. They should just make the minimum wage go up with inflation so we don't have to do this crap. Right now the minimum wage is a GOP scam and ridiculous... Great job GOP and silly dupes. Half the people working at McDonald's are now adults over 50 so raise it!

That’s a new one on me, but if true, why didn’t the Dems do something about it a few years back when they had all 3 branches of govt?

THEN

View attachment 164037

Holding businesses that are created with the employment of kids & college students responsible for the poor choices people make in life is wrong. If you're in your mid to late 20's or higher & working for minimum wage you have no one to blame but yourself. You're poor choices should not result in a 10.00 Big Mac or 4 dollar fry.

Cool message and all...but funny how they couldn't dare use a model with blonde hair and blue eyes in their ad campaign.
You wouldn't dare want to depict a true all American...NOPE, not in AMERICA.

That sounds curiously like the master Nazi race, nice going! Strangely Imam sure you're proud.

Why don't we just let the free market decide?

Oh, yeah. I forgot. The democrats can't have their illegals bringing their anchor babies in, getting on welfare, and voting for democrats for generations. I see it now. There's the problem.

Half the people working at McDonald's are now adults over 50 so raise it!

:link::link::link:

Even if what you say were true, those people are just retirees looking for something to occupy their time. My employer hires retirees for the same reason. I ask them why they are still working, and most of them tell me because their wives are still working and they have nothing to do at home by themselves during the day.

Jobs are not assigned to people, they electively choose those jobs. If you need government to make you worth more money to an employer, chances are you're a real loser and nothing can help you.

That sounds curiously like the master Nazi race, nice going! Strangely Imam sure you're proud.
Throw that race card around at all costs, buddy. It works. I swear.

In fact, me typing this response is racist. My white privilege is seeping through.
:lol:

Illegal Mexicans have fucked up our entire labor force by coming in here, living 40 to a single-family house, taking low-wage jobs, and suppressing wages everywhere. It's the ultimate Bolshevik scam to pressure America into more marxist bullshit.

Never allow a commie to live.

View attachment 164037

Cool message and all...but funny how they couldn't dare use a model with blonde hair and blue eyes in their ad campaign.

The days of coddle speak and PC have come and gone....THANKS DONNY!

In fact, me typing this response is racist. My white privilege is seeping through.

Illegal Mexicans have fucked up our entire labor force by coming in here, living 40 to a single-family house, taking low-wage jobs, and suppressing wages everywhere. It's the ultimate Bolshevik scam to pressure America into more marxist bullshit.

Oh, please come get me.

View attachment 164037

The days of coddle speak and PC have come and gone....THANKS DONNY!

And we fought and killed Nazis!

Prices go up even when wages don't..Derp..
Oh, well in that case...fuck it. You convinced me. Hell, let's go for $20.00 per hour minimum.

I love that $10.00 menu, don't you? Gonna get me a small fry and a cheeseburger.

It really wouldn't raise prices all that much.

If we had a big increase in minimum wage, places like McDonald's could divide that loss because they sell 2,000 burgers per day, 1,500 sodas, 1,800 french fries and so on. It would only add a few cents to each item. However, Bob's Hardware store doesn't sell 2,000 hammers or saws per day. The prices of Bob's items would have to go up much higher. It all depends on the industry.

Well, at least you admit to being a commie...

Oh, please come get me.

That’s a new one on me, but if true, why didn’t the Dems do something about it a few years back when they had all 3 branches of govt?

THEN
For 34 days in session all spent on Obamacare. In the middle of a gigantic corrupt GOP economic meltdown, not exactly the time to start messing with the economy.

View attachment 164037

Prices go up even when wages don't..Derp...

Umm...there are many other costs that go into running a business....Derp.
Oh really tell me all about it, I must have missed something in the 30 years I ran mine and others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back