To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side, have you seen McDonalds prices for their shit food? Why would I buy a Big Mac meal when In & Out is cheaper and better? Why would I buy a breakfast sandwich when Jack in the Box is cheaper and better? Answer, I don't.

On a side, have you seen McDonalds prices for their shit food? Why would I buy a Big Mac meal when In & Out is cheaper and better? Why would I buy a breakfast sandwich when Jack in the Box is cheaper and better? Answer, I don't.
Never heard of in & out but jack in the box is fucking awful lol. They opened one here and I tried it once. Yuck

But I digress, this isn't about McDonald's per say, it's about the minimum wage.

View attachment 164037

Even McDonald's acknowledges that their business was intended for children.
Holding businesses that are created with the employment of kids & college students responsible for the poor choices people make in life is wrong. If you're in your mid to late 20's or higher & working for minimum wage you have no one to blame but yourself. You're poor choices should not result in a 10.00 Big Mac or 4 dollar fry.
When I was that age, a job at McDonalds paid $2.10 an hour

That was two tickets to the movies
That was seven gallons of gas
I would have had to work half a year to buy a new car
I was able to pay for a full year of college just working summers

It would take over $15 an hour to do the same today

View attachment 164037

Holding businesses that are created with the employment of kids & college students responsible for the poor choices people make in life is wrong. If you're in your mid to late 20's or higher & working for minimum wage you have no one to blame but yourself. You're poor choices should not result in a 10.00 Big Mac or 4 dollar fry.

That was BEFORE technology, globalization and over-population. The USA was the only game in town. That simply doesn't apply to today.

View attachment 164037

That was BEFORE technology, globalization and over-population. The USA was the only game in town. That simply doesn't apply to today.

But that doesn't have any bearing on the truth of what he said.

How can kids work at a place that is open during school ?

View attachment 164037

We are talking flipping burgers

A $2.10 entry level job was able to pay for those things entry level employees needed. Entertainment, a car, education

It is no longer close

Our local steel mill employed 4,500 in the 60s, 3,200 when I was hired in 1972 and 550 today producing the same amount of product. This is no different from any other manufacturing plant. Where in the hell are people supposed to work these days where they don`t have to depend on food stamps? They made bad choices by not applying to Harvard?
This is almost an attitude of entitlement. Like the mill owed you a job because you lived there or something. Very weird.

I can only speak from my experience so I'll hit on the important points that drove me.

When I started out I lived in a modestly sized town. Work was available but there were more applicants than jobs. So my wife and I decided we needed to broaden our Horizions and look further for opportunities. She was still in college so it was tight but we saved every little bit we could each week. Once we had about a grand set aside I got some phone books from bigger cities across the country and started making cold phone calls inquiring about work opportunities. I got more rejection than anything but I did get a few opportunities in a couple cities. We then looked into the job market in those areas for her. Were they booming or stagnant...etc.
Eventually we decided on the Denver/Springs area and i took the 1k saved up and went out and paid for one week in a hotel. Determined to either land one of those jobs or return home before the money was gone.
I was hired on the FIRST DAY and I bet a lot of it was because of my ambition to move so far for work. It wasn't the job I wanted but it was a foot in the door in a growing area. A couple of months sitting in a shitty hotel alone while saving to get a place and bring my family out was the springboard to my career.
Over the next 5 years I did that two more times. Once to Washington DC and ultimately here in KC.

Life is all about risk. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

OH WOW!!! You are awesome!!

View attachment 164037

More ignorance, stupidity, and dishonestly from the right.

The issue has nothing to do with anyone ‘deserving’ anything, or whether a given job was ‘intended for children.’

View attachment 164037

Actually, todays prices are similar, if you are talking around 1967, though minimum wage was $1.40, so you must have been doing something right, like working hard to go up the ladder.
Average new car price was $2750. You would have been short by $600 working full time.
Today you can get one for around $13,000.
You could work full time for 6 months at the $10 average per hour wage at McDonalds, and have a little left for gas.
Movie tickets were $1.25, so just short on that.
Today you can go to the movie for around $6-9 a ticket, depending where you are. Yes, it was cheaper back then.
And with todays avg $10 per hour, you could only get around 4-5 gallons of gas.
Yes, college was cheaper.
So, it is similar, over all, but college.

Liberal immigration policy has been a MAJOR contributor to spoiled entitled children with poor to no work ethic. In my day we worked fast food, washed dishes, bused tables, mowed lawns etc. You know, all those things "White Americans" aren't willing to do.

Immigrants have taken these jobs and assumed them as careers. Somehow that's supposed to be good for Americans? I challenge anyone to give a single reason why. As usual, liberal policy is a detriment and invites weakness and failure.
And here we have it. When something is beyond your level of understanding just scream "librul" and bring race into it.
View attachment 164037

Their business was intended for teenagers in the 1950s and 60s but fast food has become a major employer in this country. Keep giving them $7.50 and we taxpayers will provide the food stamps. McWendyKing`s laughs at us.

You really got me a good one. Congratulations on your explanation for how this activity benefits society.
Living in western Pa. I have never knowingly seen an illegal
Our local steel mill employed 4,500 in the 60s, 3,200 when I was hired in 1972 and 550 today producing the same amount of product. This is no different from any other manufacturing plant. Where in the hell are people supposed to work these days where they don`t have to depend on food stamps? They made bad choices by not applying to Harvard?
This is almost an attitude of entitlement. Like the mill owed you a job because you lived there or something. Very weird.

I can only speak from my experience so I'll hit on the important points that drove me.

When I started out I lived in a modestly sized town. Work was available but there were more applicants than jobs. So my wife and I decided we needed to broaden our Horizions and look further for opportunities. She was still in college so it was tight but we saved every little bit we could each week. Once we had about a grand set aside I got some phone books from bigger cities across the country and started making cold phone calls inquiring about work opportunities. I got more rejection than anything but I did get a few opportunities in a couple cities. We then looked into the job market in those areas for her. Were they booming or stagnant...etc.
Eventually we decided on the Denver/Springs area and i took the 1k saved up and went out and paid for one week in a hotel. Determined to either land one of those jobs or return home before the money was gone.
I was hired on the FIRST DAY and I bet a lot of it was because of my ambition to move so far for work. It wasn't the job I wanted but it was a foot in the door in a growing area. A couple of months sitting in a shitty hotel alone while saving to get a place and bring my family out was the springboard to my career.
Over the next 5 years I did that two more times. Once to Washington DC and ultimately here in KC.

Life is all about risk. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Where in my post did I blame the steel mill for modernizing their factory and keeping people employed? WTF?

View attachment 164037

The issue has nothing to do with anyone ‘deserving’ anything, or whether a given job was ‘intended for children.’
It's not? You mean it has to do with what you think you deserve rather than what a company can sustain. Got it.

View attachment 164037

Actually, todays prices are similar, if you are talking around 1967, though minimum wage was $1.40, so you must have been doing something right, like working hard to go up the ladder.
Average new car price was $2750. You would have been short by $600 working full time.
Today you can get one for around $13,000.
You could work full time for 6 months at the $10 average per hour wage at McDonalds, and have a little left for gas.
Movie tickets were $1.25, so just short on that.
Today you can go to the movie for around $6-9 a ticket, depending where you are. Yes, it was cheaper back then.
And with todays avg $10 per hour, you could only get around 4-5 gallons of gas.
Yes, college was cheaper.
So, it is similar, over all, but college.

The prices compared to wages are not similar at all, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Actually college is free to a large extent, especially for those WHO'VE EARNED IT.

Between a scholarship and tax incentives, my daughter can get her associates degree at the local and it won't cost us a nickle. Finishing (I.e., BS) is a different story, though she still gets the annual scholarship. Even then, the most it would cost is 15K over two years. That's cheap. It's really a nice gig we have. The only condition is you must go "full time", which I believe is three courses or more. Like everything else, you have to have a plan.

BTW those who cry because of their dispositions...1984, I saved for my first house earning $5-6 an hour. When I bought it, I was earning $6.75 an hour plus 10 hours OT. I was the lead supervisor over 30 people in computer manufacturing..........The house was 65K at 11%, and that made for approaching a $700 bill with tax/insurance. You youngsters have it better than portrayed. My electric bill was $60, today it's $90. Your wage comparisons are an exaggeration and excuse.

Last edited:
It's really true that if paying a minimally living wage to McDonald's employees made their food prices go up too much, they would price themselves out of the market. I can do better locally for a large coffee and a breakfast sandwich, too, than McDonalds. But they're the only place with a drive thru.

View attachment 164037

It's not? You mean it has to do with what you think you deserve rather than what a company can sustain. Got it.
For the last year leftists have been screaming everyone DESERVES a living wage and this asshat has the gall to say it has nothing to do with "deserving"

Talk about disconnected from reality...

It's really true that if paying a minimally living wage to McDonald's employees made their food prices go up too much, they would price themselves out of the market. I can do better locally for a large coffee and a breakfast sandwich, too, than McDonalds. But they're the only place with a drive thru.

Wow, get off your butt....and save money, sounds like a win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back